Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

With Titania being a bonus unit this week, it allowed me to go hog wild in Arena, and I had my most successful run ever in terms of score.

@Anacybele@Arcanite@Vaximillian@SatsumaFSoysoy@Infinite Dreams@Rafiel's Aria@Tybrosion@GuiltyLove@Anime27Arts@TheTuckingFypo@DarkLordIvy@DefaultBeep@Rex Glacies@Zeo@mcsilas@XRay@Sophie@Captain Karnage@Johann@Natalie@Bartozio@Raven@Poimagic@Res

l9RnZHm.png?1

I guess the Arena system will be changing next week, so we'll see how that affects everything.  I'm guessing with bonus units getting buffed stats, it will make it a lot harder to get Defense Wins.

I also saw a fun "Avatar Emblem" team today.

wwjXGXd.png?1

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

With Titania being a bonus unit this week, it allowed me to go hog wild in Arena, and I had my most successful run ever in terms of score.

@Anacybele@Arcanite@Vaximillian@SatsumaFSoysoy@Infinite Dreams@Rafiel's Aria@Tybrosion@GuiltyLove@Anime27Arts@TheTuckingFypo@DarkLordIvy@DefaultBeep@Rex Glacies@Zeo@mcsilas@XRay@Sophie@Captain Karnage@Johann@Natalie@Bartozio@Raven@Poimagic@Res

l9RnZHm.png?1

I guess the Arena system will be changing next week, so we'll see how that affects everything.  I'm guessing with bonus units getting buffed stats, it will make it a lot harder to get Defense Wins.

wwjXGXd.png?1

I'm glad you have two in-game versions of yourself on your team.

1 minute ago, GuiltyLove said:

I'm glad you have two in-game versions of yourself on your team.

As Karen of the Elite Four said, you gotta win with your favorites.

31 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

With Titania being a bonus unit this week, it allowed me to go hog wild in Arena, and I had my most successful run ever in terms of score

Nice... You'll be staying in Tier 20.

21 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

I tend to favor good characters ;)

The only thing I remember about Karen is that she had really smooth armpits.

Does she?

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Nice... You'll be staying in Tier 20.

I sure hope so.

5 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

5116 is well above the threshold, even during the inflated water weeks.

That's good.  That's with three +10 units and Eldigan at +8.  Most weeks, I can only run three well-merged units plus bonus, which has been putting me right around the cut-off.

It's funny that Eldigan is almost exclusively a pity breaker, and I haven't been going out of my way to pull for him.  Although if he does get a banner again, I might try for him just to get him to +10.

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

l9RnZHm.png?1

wwjXGXd.png?1

Congratz, that's quite the team.

And people say horse emblem won't score enough points...

7 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Having bonus stats will not save players if they make a mistake, and there will always be players who make mistakes. Running obnoxious educational defense teams is the way to go to guarantee defense wins. Dancers/Singers, Wings of Mercy, Vantage, mono color teams, etc. are all good ways to abuse teach fellow players to not make mistakes.

4 hours ago, Bartozio said:

And people say horse emblem won't score enough points...

That is because plebs less fortunate/informed players do not have access to merges. I run BH!Lyn, Reinhardt, and Olivia and I can usually stay in Tier 20.

Edited by XRay

22 hours ago, Rezzy said:

That's good.  That's with three +10 units and Eldigan at +8.  Most weeks, I can only run three well-merged units plus bonus, which has been putting me right around the cut-off.

It's funny that Eldigan is almost exclusively a pity breaker, and I haven't been going out of my way to pull for him.  Although if he does get a banner again, I might try for him just to get him to +10.

My Titania has a long way to go to match yours (she's +4).

But you and Eldigan, that pretty closely mirrors me with Gunnthra. Though with my luck on the past two legendaries, I'll get the green fillers instead of those last two copies of her at the end of the month. Hopefully NY!Azura is one of those fillers.

I turned in 5,108 in the arena. Had to fish pretty hard to stay above 5,100. Got screwed by a DD6 Micaiah tucked behind a highly merged LA!Hector on a defense tile, and almost got spooked by Lilina running Raudrwolf instead of Forblaze. A fully powered Blarblade+ wasn't enough, so Leif went in to knock out that troll Lilina.

@Rezzy That's higher than any score I've ever gotten in the Arena. I don't think I've managed to break 5100 for the past few weeks, and I've been pretty safe. I was stoked when I saw that Titania was a bonus unit. XD I knew you'd be in heaven! 

I got a defense win from someone named Pumat Sol #4, and they sent me a friend request. I was so honored. I only recently started watching Critical Role, but how fitting is it that Pumat Sol would grace me with his presence on the week that I'm using a Matt Mercer voiced character? Ultimate perfection. It also helps that they've got a killer +4 NY!Camilla set as their lead.

Finally got my AA streak done with a score of 5054.

I'm curious if it'll be enough for top 5k once again. Heopefully it'll be the last 7 streak in AA. 

The new Lyn didn't give me much trouble: 

Spoiler

Y86iDhD.png

Surprisingly good green low tier units:

Spoiler

veiSRZG.png

This +10 Arthur was surprisingly annoying for my starter team, twice. He came with 2 other Infantry pulse units and had Moonbow precharged, as well as his team mate Felicia had Glacies precharged. 

2xr2a7c.png

CdwmCuN.png

@Zeo This Genny team was truly a gem: 

Spoiler

VdpFEj7.png

All four had been +10 with the same set (but different seals and natures). 

Whyever, my Roy couldn't kill this Deirdre: 

Spoiler

gbwfIdC.png

QkByUtl.png

Edited by mampfoid

7 hours ago, kirauza343 said:

Ran into this adorable family today (Side note Divine Tyrfing is a pain)

I wish I were able to recreate this team… I only have one and exactly one member of the family because the gacha hates me:
Screenshot_20180504-165357.png

Well this isn't fun. My Archnoka team has had a deathless run. But the average score is too low to climb up into 20. I was afraid of that after seeing the rank earlier this week. And now I just can't pull a second deathless run. Partly because I traded some positionals for dual rallys to try and push my average up a bit. Probably need to just fire up a different team. My fire team may not have season bonus, but it is still a solid team. And yes that was a terrible pun. But I stand by it.

So, after getting 2 wins with my regular defense team, and I decided to switch to my Fire EmbLyn team (Lyn alts only so my +1 Bride Lyn, +2 Valentines Lyn, +5 Brave Lyn, and +0 Legendary Lyn) for shits and giggles. They somehow got a defense win worth 600 points.

@mampfoid He payed a lot of money for that team. It's a true show of commitment though. Now deploy a full team of TA Raven mages.

Turns out ATK Ploy magic Close Counter users are a bit more around than I thought. Still not my cup of tea though. 

@mampfoid That's one of the reasons why I think it's slept own compared to Distant Counter. But maybe it isn't, the amount of people gushing over the idea of free CC is surprisingly huge. 

@mampfoid @Zeo

The main problem with Close Counter is just the fact that there used to be so few ranged units with the defensive stats to actually make any use out of it, and the few that did would prefer to run Triangle Adept Litrraven instead.

That's changed now with things like Litrowl (and Candelabra for red tomes), ranged armors, the Quick Riposte Sacred Seal, Drive skills, and much more powerful debuffs (Ploy, Chill, refined daggers, etc.).

The moment I get a twelfth copy of Katarina (or an easier to get source of Raudhrowl is released), you can bet I'm switching Sophia over to a Close Counter Raudhrowl build.

Well with a bit of fishing Archnoka and her buddies are back in the running to climb up to T20. But even so that is still slightly less than 700 per run.

Gotta say though I am loving it when I run into armor teams. Archnoka and Caeda just tear them to little itty bitty pieces. And if they can't initiate for whatever reason I can let them attack Legendary Robin. That usually doesn't end well for them. Definitely having fun with this team, too bad their average score is just too low.

On 5/2/2018 at 6:39 PM, Rezzy said:

Nice, very nice!  We're almost score twins this week!  Just a 2 point difference. :]

---

Arena: 5118

Team: Laslow+10, F-Corrin+10, B-Ike+10, and Ryoma+2.

Defense: 630

Arena Assault: 5200 (New record!)

I recorded my AA run.  If anyone's bored enough to watch it here it is, hehe:

Spoiler

My pathetic 4,914 wasn’t going to cut it this week obviously, so I had to take drastic measures. Enter The Fjorm and her magical ability to increase score with magic:
Screenshot_20180507-211240.png

Buff the Askrans, please, IS. Give them actual, tangible merges and refines, not bullshit tempest bonuses that only work in arena and on that given week.

Edited by Vaximillian