Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a new high score in arena with 3,648 (It would be like 5,106 under the old system) It's nowhere near enough to stay in tier 20 as it is Fjorm week so the inflation will be crazy but it's cool to see such a high score. 

The inflation is also making AA a bit harder but I'll get my deathless run later.

I'm glad the next couple of water weeks will keep me secured in T20 and Top 3k, which was way too borderline in recent past. However, having a full water core helps out so much and I don't have to fish for the highest scores all the time. I was seriously convinced I'd be joining Top 5k very soon, but I'm glad I was wrong.... for now.

Still have my doubts about the whole 1 point extra thing for legendary and blessed units.... whether it actually helps or is just gonna inflate scores where every point counts, while also pushing us towards wasting blessings on counterpicks for that extra oomph.

It's more of an expansion. The extra points already happened for having the legendary hero plus blessings. Now it looks like it's going to be more of a flat-rate increase that doesn't necessarily require the legendary hero. If anything, it'll normalize scores a bit more on water week (what people likely put their core into thanks to Fjorm being the first legendary) and then randomly uneven in the other elements, since people might incidentally have heroes with those blessings (barring the whales, who probably have three fully built elemental teams).

15 hours ago, Hawk King said:

You running Bride Lyn? Because apparently people can't handle healers...

She was even acting in as the lead!

Edited by Roflolxp54

12 hours ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

Still have my doubts about the whole 1 point extra thing for legendary and blessed units.... whether it actually helps or is just gonna inflate scores where every point counts, while also pushing us towards wasting blessings on counterpicks for that extra oomph.

Would be interesting to know if blessings and legendaries will boost the score only if fielded on match 1 or also in match 2-7. That would be annoying, since I wouldn't like to give blessings to all my specialized counters. 

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

That would be annoying, since I wouldn't like to give blessings to all my specialized counters. 

They likely will count for every match, because that will make people pull for the lejindurriz to have the blessings to share around. And also because that will be infuriatingly dumb.

3 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Would be interesting to know if blessings and legendaries will boost the score only if fielded on match 1 or also in match 2-7. That would be annoying, since I wouldn't like to give blessings to all my specialized counters. 

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

They likely will count for every match, because that will make people pull for the lejindurriz to have the blessings to share around. And also because that will be infuriatingly dumb.

Indeed, it would be good to know whether that's the case or not. I can see both being a possibility, not just with the vague wording they used. One to promote pulling for legendaries, as @Vaximillian mentioned, the other as a way to entice casual players if they don't have the necessary legendary + core for the first match to determine the score range; "just use whatever you got, and you'll still get some bonus out of it".

As always, all we can do is wait to find out ("but IS, I'm impatient!" D: ), while hoping that its impact is as agreeable as possible.

4 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Well, I've got nearly 60 unused blessings lying around doing nothing, 14 are conferred to my blessing teams. In addition to free Fjorm and free L!Ike I got only Gunnthrá  out of the lejindurriz (?). 

1 hour ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

Indeed, it would be good to know whether that's the case or not. I can see both being a possibility, not just with the vague wording they used. One to promote pulling for legendaries, as @Vaximillian mentioned, the other as a way to entice casual players if they don't have the necessary legendary + core for the first match to determine the score range; "just use whatever you got, and you'll still get some bonus out of it".

As always, all we can do is wait to find out ("but IS, I'm impatient!" D: ), while hoping that its impact is as agreeable as possible.

It would be good to lower the effect of Fjorm- and L!Ike-weeks, but also it would make the concept of building limited blessing teams with maximum synergy obsolete. 

I fished for scores with Bride Sanaki as my bonus unit and still was about to get booted out of Tier 20.  Redid it with Fjorm and have a comfortable spot. I had nothing but expensive skills on Sanaki too, but that mage BST is just not going to cut it.   Oh well, she's still got a spot in my flier team for non arena stuff.  

So...I think I got to fight a Youtuber's team? Maybe? Maybe not... But I recognized the name "Brotel" going into battle. Forgot to screenshot my selection screen (but I did manage a pic of the friend request). They're not someone I've really watched, but I double checked, and someone named Brotel is a Youtuber. 

Spoiler

sBVN8RD.jpg?1

IffreYi.jpg?1

Kinda' wish I had taken a screenshot of all the characters. It was a pretty neat tactics team. I see a few of them every now and then, and they tend to be tricky to deal with, but I didn't have too much trouble dispatching these guys. Send a friend request, but I highly doubt it'll get accepted.

1 hour ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

So...I think I got to fight a Youtuber's team? Maybe? Maybe not... But I recognized the name "Brotel" going into battle. Forgot to screenshot my selection screen (but I did manage a pic of the friend request). They're not someone I've really watched, but I double checked, and someone named Brotel is a Youtuber. 

Hide contents

sBVN8RD.jpg?1

IffreYi.jpg?1

Kinda' wish I had taken a screenshot of all the characters. It was a pretty neat tactics team. I see a few of them every now and then, and they tend to be tricky to deal with, but I didn't have too much trouble dispatching these guys. Send a friend request, but I highly doubt it'll get accepted.

Yeah it's him all right. The name and Cherche are good enough as evidence

6 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

Yeah it's him all right. The name and Cherche are good enough as evidence

Ooooh. Neat. Maybe I should watch some videos. I've reached a whole new level of geekdom to feel accomplished over something like this. XD

1 hour ago, Marcodian_Elite said:

After not getting a single defence win last arena season I've managed to get my highest scoring defence win ever in this season, 590 my defence team is Zelgius La hector Fjorm and Fell Vessel robin

Always put Armor Emblem up for this particular rotation of maps. The oasis and partially the weird stone-plastered map are really beneficial for those teams when they hug the defense tiles. A lot of people struggle when facing them on those maps.

EDIT: At least if you are using meta units. Armor alone won't cut it, but if you have typical DC, Bold/Vengeful, March/Ward monsters, then abuse the hell out of these maps if you are struggling with defense.

Edited by MonkeyCheez3K

9C57BB19-6369-4B5F-AAFC-A1DA01307643.jpeg.4bfa7e5e5259f420cc8b033f30cbeea1.jpeg

Well this is an accomplishment.

I have joined one of the most elite clubs this game has to offer. 

The only thing left is making it onto the 1st page of AA. 

42 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

@Hawk King wow crazy stuff. Congratulations! 

Legendary + blessings let you even play fliers and infantry, that's the real surprise to me. Ok now I only need sixteen +10 units and four of them legendaries.

Because seasons are two elements, you’d only need to build for 3 while still always having at least one hat matches the season. Not that 12 is a whole lot better than 16.

Although, if you want to do it every week, you’d need a lot more, since you’re dependent on the bonus unit.

Edited by LordFrigid

1 hour ago, LordFrigid said:

Because seasons are two elements, you’d only need to build for 3 while still always having at least one hat matches the season. Not that 12 is a whole lot better than 16.

Although, if you want to do it every week, you’d need a lot more, since you’re dependent on the bonus unit.

So better have all legendary units at +10? Ouch, I've got exactly 3 of them at +0. Legendary banners tend to not give me what I want, so I'd needed to rob a couple of banks first.

This week I'm surprisingly near to not make it into tier 20 again. Damn merge draught. 

There isn't any Flier I could +10 immediately. Only Roderick, Gwendolyn, Tiki (all three at only 4* currently), Nino & Donnel.

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

This week I'm surprisingly near to not make it into tier 20 again. Damn merge draught. 

There isn't any Flier I could +10 immediately. Only Roderick, Gwendolyn, Tiki (all three at only 4* currently), Nino & Donnel.

As long as you have a core of 3 units who are +10 with high SP skills, your 4th unit (usually the bonus unit) can be +0 and you will be able to stay in tier 20 with ease.

Get your core done and never worry about falling out of tier 20 ever again.

Final Arena score for the week is 3668 which is good for rank 5067/6202 at the moment. I almost got a better score. But I screwed it up on the last match. That's a running theme for this week it seems. I couldn't get a deathless run in AA for the exact same reason. >.> And AA matches take so long for me to complete that it wasn't worth it to spend another 15-20 minutes climbing my way back for just a few more feathers, rocks, and coins. Plus I'm tired/lazy from running. Ending the season with a three death run and a score of 4915. That'll keep me in the 20k bracket it seems. 

Experimented with a few more counters this week because for some reason most of my AA matches had an odd mixture of armors and dragons, and I was running out of my counters, especially for blue armors. My +10 4* budget Arthur proved to be excellent for countering dragons and armors as did my budget Frederick, Bartre, and Tobin. My Brave Axe Cherche also isn't quite finished yet, but I got to use her for a few matches, and she practically cleared the maps herself.