Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

A score of 5,241 (5,236 + 5) in Arena Assault places 751, which is getting a bit too close for comfort. I guess I should start handing out some blessings to my Arena Assault regulars to at least pick up 14 points each week.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a high chance this only happened due to the overlapping of Water season and Soleil being a bonus unit but I finally broke through:

aSfQoWM.png?1

Regardless, a first is a first. And as such, I think it's only proper to honor the team that accomplished this.

bvFqjRj.png?1 
F614OnO.png?1
xtSXbKP.png?1
Tw6PMOE.png?3
Merges: +10 for Cordelia and Klein, +8 for Soleil (though I think she was still +7 during my high score run), +2 for Fjorm; all 5*

Managed to stay in tier 20 and top 3k of AA this week, which was very nice. For Arena, I didn't even need Fjorm for the water blessing boosts. Cordelia/Camilla/Peri +10 and +4 Soleil managed to be enough for rank 2800-ish, well within safety.

Offense score of 3674 (T20) remains in T20, combining with a defense score of 632 for max rewards.

Teams faced (streak):

Spoiler

DxVuTzh.png

I did end up rolling with a Flier team using Ryoma as my bonus unit. Firesweep/Moonbow/Bushido/Heavy Blade is hilarious. It was a little weird to not rely on Caeda as heavily as I usually do when using a flier team. I'm looking forward to another week of that. AA was...interesting. It looks like I might need to tweak one of the Wind teams.

Was actually asleep during the Arena reset, so I forgot to check my scores. XD Whoops. Had a good season. I stayed in the top 2k in normal Arena using Legendary Ryoma as a bonus unit. Also Merric is FABULOUS with his new refine. I met a lot of fliers in the Arena this season, and he just wrecked them. Bwahaha. I also somehow ended up with 10+ defense wins. Now that I've built my +10 Leon, I may get a chance to use him not this next season but the one after that. My team has such good synergy at the moment that I don't think I could replace him. 

AA was a little trickier. But I didn't have nearly as much trouble finishing a run this week... This season isn't quite as bad because I already have quite a few units with water blessings. I think I managed to squeeze all of my water/wind heroes (about 14) into my run and got about 5174 (I think). Got to stay in the top 3k! 

@Rezzy @DarkLordIvy (I'll tag you two since you might get a kick out of this.) I also met this fascinating team:

Spoiler

fpwWZZ4.jpg?1

All 5*+10 with different builds...But I think the two on the ends had basically the same or very similar builds. Say what you will about Seliph. He might not be super meta, but he's kind of tricky to kill especially when you're a goober who doesn't run any blues. I relied a LOT on Lucius's chip damage. XD

2 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Was actually asleep during the Arena reset, so I forgot to check my scores. XD Whoops. Had a good season. I stayed in the top 2k in normal Arena using Legendary Ryoma as a bonus unit. Also Merric is FABULOUS with his new refine. I met a lot of fliers in the Arena this season, and he just wrecked them. Bwahaha. I also somehow ended up with 10+ defense wins. Now that I've built my +10 Leon, I may get a chance to use him not this next season but the one after that. My team has such good synergy at the moment that I don't think I could replace him. 

AA was a little trickier. But I didn't have nearly as much trouble finishing a run this week... This season isn't quite as bad because I already have quite a few units with water blessings. I think I managed to squeeze all of my water/wind heroes (about 14) into my run and got about 5174 (I think). Got to stay in the top 3k! 

@Rezzy @DarkLordIvy (I'll tag you two since you might get a kick out of this.) I also met this fascinating team:

Hide contents

fpwWZZ4.jpg?1

All 5*+10 with different builds...But I think the two on the ends had basically the same or very similar builds. Say what you will about Seliph. He might not be super meta, but he's kind of tricky to kill especially when you're a goober who doesn't run any blues. I relied a LOT on Lucius's chip damage. XD

And they all have different hats, too.  It's weird, but it seems that half the time I encounter a mono-unit team, it's on that exact map.

I think the new blessing bonus points benefit me. I passed out like 30 water and wind blessings today to give me some variety to choose from for AA. I was able to get a +28 streak which got me rank # 71. That is the highest I have ever ranked (first time on the 2nd page), and a few spots above @LordFrigid.

Some of the fights were pretty tough though since a lot of my usual counters didn't receive blessings.

5 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Regardless, a first is a first.

Is this the first time you’ve stayed in tier 20? Congratulations!

3 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I also met this fascinating team:

Seliph’s our boy!

5 hours ago, DLNarshen said:

We'll see how long it takes for people outside the top 3K to get wise and start abusing the new blessing system.

Did you use blessings on team 2-7 to get your score? 

5 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

There's a high chance this only happened due to the overlapping of Water season and Soleil being a bonus unit but I finally broke through:

Congratulations! Always good to see a Cordelia supporter reach one of his goals. (also that Soleil looks really strong)

Arena score of 3,654 was enough to keep me comfortably in T20 this week.

AZlOAdN.jpg

Only really possible since Soleil is +4. Tiki and Nino are +10 while Nowi is +9.

If I don't have a decently merged bonus unit, I will definitely be dropping back to 19.

Last season, everything as usual (tier 19 -> tier 20, 2 defense wins, AA 6,495th). This week I got a score of 3,572, which won't be near of being enough for tier 20. 

For AA I'll have to put together 1-2 Fire blessing teams. 

Edited by mampfoid

Is it just me, or am I running into a lot more high merge Cavalry teams in tier 19 battles?

Not even teams with any bonus units either, teams consisting of high merge Cavalry units, usually Reinhardt and Cecilia.

13 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Is this the first time you’ve stayed in tier 20? Congratulations!

It was and thank you!

13 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Congratulations! Always good to see a Cordelia supporter reach one of his goals. (also that Soleil looks really strong)

Thanks! I forgot to mention that Soleil is my summoner support, so that's why her stats might seem a bit higher than they should be. And those stats are before the Arena bonus unit stat boosts + the boosts from Fjorm. With them:

dScv63e.png?1

And yes, I've been enjoying this Arena cycle in case you were wondering.

14 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Did you use blessings on team 2-7 to get your score?

I did where it was convenient, but I'm certainly nowhere near having whole teams of units with the right blessings.

Finished my run with a score of 3,614. Should be enough to go back to tier 20 (it feels odd, I keep getting low range matches of like 720~724 instead of 728~732). 

AA I ended with 5,107. Still nowhere near enough for top 5k. Water week really makes this hard.

welp i got 3 defense wins with my Karel+10 Raven+10 Sonya +10 Alfonse Team. Its kinda a mean setup i tried out.

Karel sporting 66 HP, Raven running with Shieldpulse Pavise and Heavy blade seal and all 3 with Alfonse have Infantery pulse equiped, while Sonya just runs with a buff assist, wings of mercy, Dragon Fang (+50% atk) Close counter, Quickened Pulse, waiting on the background to charge in and one shot the hell of anyone.

Shady tactics *Shrug*

23 hours ago, Raven said:

Only really possible since Soleil is +4. Tiki and Nino are +10 while Nowi is +9.

If I don't have a decently merged bonus unit, I will definitely be dropping back to 19.

Slap some dual rallies on everyone and you should be able to stay in Tier 20 with one of the Askr Trio as your bonus unit.

With your merges, you really only need to optimize the SP value of your skills to be able to stay in tier 20 every week.

21 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

5,000 in arena assault :o

First time 5k? Congratulations! I know it's far from being your favorite mode, so it's even more of an accomplishment. 

I got a personal highscore in AA myself today: 5,100 (5,074+26)
(Cherches additional merge to +8 helped and of course my first ever 732 match-up)

I've had an interesting encounter: 

Spoiler

JRZ5MxM.png

Of course my QR/Bonfire Michalis was the wrong counter for that Nowi (Windsweep). She buffed herself with refined Light Breath after each attack, which complicated things. 

I had to let her attack Michalis twice to have Bonfire ready. Then I had to flee to let the buffs wear down and lure Nowi down from the defense tiles. Michalis couldn't attack, because his HP was already too low and he couldn't kill her in one blow. Interestingly Elincia could attack once from a defense tile without dying to lower Nowis HP enough for Michalis finishing Bonfire. 

Btw: Two times Infantry pulse helped the Ayra of that team to have Regnal Astra ready for the first blow, which was kind of evil. Interestingly she couldn't double my Shigure (+RES/-HP, vanilla set) who could survive on a defense tile. 

/Edit: Interestingly I got my first defense wins only minutes after I switched Dorcas out and Ursula in. 

Edited by mampfoid

Yeah, I've seen a handful of Ayras and Sonyas running with really abusive Infantry Pulse teams (Ayra usually runs Slaying Edge+ for extra troll). It's powerful enough that I usually still take care and double-check calculations against them despite running TA3 dragons. It's not a very common thing, though, since I guess even the smaller whales don't have multiple Infantry Pulse fodder to casually throw around for 900 feathers/week.

44 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

It's not a very common thing, though, since I guess even the smaller whales don't have multiple Infantry Pulse fodder to casually throw around for 900 feathers/week.

Well, if it's your main team you would give them expensive skills. I guess Regnal Astra on the first hit would be something powerful also in Arena offense. 

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

Well, if it's your main team you would give them expensive skills. I guess Regnal Astra on the first hit would be something powerful also in Arena offense. 

I don't think too many people would target that kind of niche infantry team as a main team, though, since if they're gonna throw in that much investment, it's probably gonna be on a super armour team.

7 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

I don't think too many people would target that kind of niche infantry team as a main team, though, since if they're gonna throw in that much investment, it's probably gonna be on a super armour team.

Like I wrote, if it's your main team, it's worth the investment. Most people would sacrifice some 5* exclusive units to their favorites. Where I play in arena and in AA, there are a lot of +10 infantry units with expensive skills. 

+10 armor/dragon land doesn't sound too interesting play-wise to me and I don't have any merged armors or dragons myself. While I would like to stay in tier 20 once, I like the diversity of my current range.