Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

Wind/Earth season too I think. My wind team, despite owning both Lucina and Gunnthra, can't score for toffee and is therefore not an option. Earth team isn't that much better unless I pile on some merges to Tiki and Nowi over the coming week, and even then they'll be held back by a low-scoring legendary unit. Maybe I'm just better off using my two highest scoring units in Lilina and Nino in an blessing-less team.

Bonus unit will be 4*+10 Frederick who is currently unbuilt, so that's 20k feathers down just to build him (probably feed him a Hawkeye so he gets a higher-scoring A-skill than Fury 2 as well). Obviously a false economy but eh, I've been meaning to build him for ages anyway. I guess I could give him an Earth blessing, but I have no other Earth cavalry so I'll have to come up with such a team for long-term use.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoiler

Uh...wow. Next season is pretty unfortunate in terms of scoring. Whales will likely have to rely on a super-merged Legendary Lucina... I'm so glad I managed to pull her. 

I've already run my team through the calculator. I'm going to run my normal Raven, Lucius, and Merric core. I thought a lot about switching out Lucius, but I'm thinking his staff is going to be vital to helping Lucina get kills. I can run Candlelight to help her avoid counterattacks or Pain+ to do the usual chip damage on units she might not be able to get kills on. Only problem is that I'm going to have to waste some blessings on my boys since they have water blessings and not wind blessings. Oh well... 

I really want to try to gun for the newest tier on a season while I might have a shot at getting there... So I might as well go all in.

Spoiler

Welp. Not going to bother with Alfonse as I have to make a AA starter team. Need that armor BST stacking with merges for better rewards

That is quite the awful set of bonus units, nice. Well, since crown tier is unattainable in the very first season I'll gladly just have a 19,5 season and take it easy. Finally found something interesting on mobile to keep me distracted from the current blandness that is FEH, so it suits me well to not have to care.

Down to fishing to try and up my score this time. Still seeing nothing but 704 matchups.

The next season. . . I guess I have a solidly built 4*+10 Freddy. Also I wonder if this would be a good time to 5* Fonsy and all that? I would need to grind him a lot of SP and come up with a build for him. He is basically just his default kit right now(plus a few cheap add-ons to fill holes). If I hadn't blown so many feathers I could also have merged up Roderick. He stalks me for some reason. My +10 Eirika could then accompany them and apply buffs. Meh. Well as long as I pull up this week I don't actually have to worry about next week since that would be my drop week anyways.

Next season should be interesting. If it remains Wind season, I'm bringing Lucina to join Sigurd/Titania/Legendary Lyn, and might just have a shot at becoming a T20.5. On top of double blessings inflating my score, Lucina is receiving full Tactic support to help her score kills.

1 hour ago, Chrom-ulent said:

Next season should be interesting. If it remains Wind season, I'm bringing Lucina to join Sigurd/Titania/Legendary Lyn, and might just have a shot at becoming a T20.5. On top of double blessings inflating my score, Lucina is receiving full Tactic support to help her score kills.

It's almost certainly going to be Wind (guaranteed all month) plus Earth (because this week is Wind+Fire and last week was Wind+Water).

The first week that we can move into tier 21 and my best unit is L!Lucina who can at most be +1... damn. Maybe having double blessings with her and Gunnthra and my two highest scoring Wind blessed units will be enough. It will be a tactics team so I might be able to feed Lucina a decent amount of kills too.

Now, the question is, do I go with +Atk or +Spd for my L!Lucina?

2 hours ago, Hawk King said:

Now, the question is, do I go with +Atk or +Spd for my L!Lucina?

I'm running +Atk despite also have the option of either one.

If you have plans to eventually get her to +10, +Atk helps more than +Spd because her Spd is already so high between Thogn's and Swift Sparrow's effects that more Spd simply won't help double many more opponents. Most things that are super fast are red and frail and simply die to a single hit.

For reference, I'm running

+10 Legendary Lucina [+Atk, -Def] (Thogn, Future Vision, Luna, Swift Sparrow 2, Guard 3, Distant Guard 3, Flashing Blade 3)

as my performance set.

Well with a absolutely ridiculous amount of fishing and upgrading Clair's special to Galeforce I managed a 3560 score or 712 average. Which currently is enough. Barely. I am not holding out high hopes. It would help if I would see more matches worth more than 710. As it was I blew something like 12 crests trying to get this score. Though I did have one a bit earlier that may have managed. But apparently Legendary Lyn can NOT counter all Reinhardt defensively or offensively. Yeah being green sure helps her /sarcasm. I may have been able to take him out on my phase, but he had a hone under his belt and was able to deny my -SPD Lyn from doubling. Which kinda shocked me. But yeah I have lost a few matches because she is so weak. She is mostly there for tactic'ing up everyone else's speed.

I re-did my arena run (this time wasting quite a few crests to fish) and ended with a score of 3,684. I really hope this is enough to stay in tier 20. 

On other news, I decided to try something new for my defense team which basically consisted on giving Cordelia her Brave Lance and change Eirika's build for a super offensive one (+Spd Wo Dao, Moonbow, Life and Death, Wrath, Atk Smoke, QP seal). I got 2 def wins with this so it seems good. After all not many expect to take +20 dmg from a unit with base 50 Spd.

I still had no defense wins yet with my regular defense team + Fjorm as bonus, so I tried Flylivia as my bonus with an accompanying flier team of Summer Camilla, Cordelia and Flyzura instead. 2 dancers and some Flier Formation and WoM sprinkled in seemed pretty janky, but I wasn't sure if it'd be a practical setup.

I set the team and then went to clear the new paralogues, and by the time I finished I had a defense already. That's kind of scary, but I'll take it.

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm running +Atk despite also have the option of either one.

If you have plans to eventually get her to +10, +Atk helps more than +Spd because her Spd is already so high between Thogn's and Swift Sparrow's effects that more Spd simply won't help double many more opponents. Most things that are super fast are red and frail and simply die to a single hit.

For reference, I'm running

+10 Legendary Lucina [+Atk, -Def] (Thogn, Future Vision, Luna, Swift Sparrow 2, Guard 3, Distant Guard 3, Flashing Blade 3)

as my performance set.

Yeah that's pretty much what I was thinking. Because of Legendary banners frequency, +10 will be inevitable.

What would you do with Celica? I have the same situation, +Atk vs +Spd. I would like to finally +10 her but I just cant decide on which nature, and barracks spots are getting tight for me.

Any predictions how high the point range should be for Tier 21?
The highest I can reach next week would be 730-744 with Armor Masher Alfonse.
Should have made a +10 4* Freddy, but he would be only 2 points 

Now I am place 1,532 with 738,4 average. I think I have a fair chance depending on how I will do with Bonus score.
Guess I should take these days to adjust Alfonse.

Edited by Stroud

Welp that didn't work. I'll have to fall back on Team Ephraim. Luckily it is fire season. I don't know what the team is worth overall, but they see 720+ matches rather frequently. It is probably because Ephraim is +2 and thus my highest merged Legendary; also he tends to wield premium skills like Galeforce so he just scores higher than my other legendaries. So pulling Sieg off and putting Mae on got me a 722 average. That should be plenty.

I miss the days where I could actually use variable teams in arena rather than only being able to use a single team to stay as 19.5.

4 hours ago, Hawk King said:

What would you do with Celica? I have the same situation, +Atk vs +Spd. I would like to finally +10 her but I just cant decide on which nature, and barracks spots are getting tight for me.

I never really figured out what I want to do with Celica.

Mine is +Spd, chosen between [+Spd, -HP] and [+Atk, -HP], but that decision was made back when she was released. In terms of straight performance, I'm pretty sure +Atk is preferred to boost her neutral match-ups because high-tier red units lean heavily toward Special activation kills on the first counterattack and because green units are typically sufficiently slow (or named Raven).

I was under the weather as well as in a really bad mood so I decided to skip AA. I was really not going to just make my day any worse with unnecessary stress

For my first and main run in the Arena this week, I got 3,666, which I believe was a new high score for me. However, that still wasn't enough to remain in T20, so I did some fishing just now, and managed to bump up my score to 3,678. With just a couple hours left, this should be more than enough to keep me in T20, since I'm ranked 3,904 out of 6,181 to stay. I used my team of Tiki+10, Est+10, Fir+10, and Fjorm+0. I had Cherche sit this one out, since she's only +8. It went surprisingly smoothly even without any greens on my team.

For Arena Assault, I finally handed out a significant amount of blessings to my team to help boost my score. I also decided to give Cherche and Fir Aether and Dual Rallies. My efforts netted me a new high score of 5,165, which looks sufficient for the 3k-5k bracket. That's more or less where I was before, but I'm much more comfortably positioned within the bracket.

Also, @Rafiel's Aria I saw your team in the Arena today! While I was tempted to fight them, I ended up passing since they were below the score threshold of what I wanted to face. Still, I think it's pretty fun to see familiar names pop up.

• T20 score of 3694 - #1637/6193
  • AA score of 5233 - #1382

Ooph. Hector makes his presence known some more. Definitely thought I was going to do a little better with those extra points.

Starting to wonder if I'll ever have a chance to move forward and catch up again. Got two more Gwendolyns pulling on the Fighter banner (which did give Sheena Vengeful Fighter, so yay for that), though that's only enough to get to +7 and none of them were +Spd, never mind without one of her super banes. I need two more with the +Spd to outscore Tiki and three more to outscore Nowi. I guess Fjorm might save me, since she'll be in the next legendary banner, but I dunno. I expect to have at least 250 orbs by then, but I had 300 on the last banner she was on and got zero copies of her, so...

Hey guys, having in mind that now Arena is going to be seen as “kill as many enemies as possible with your bonus unit”, do you think that building a team to counter the current Askr bonus unit would be useful for defense?

For example, I’ve set up this for tomorrow: Reinhardt, Ninian, Clive (Sapphire Lance + Swordbreaker) and Alfonse as my bonus unit (which will be changed if I have any blue bonus unit)

Ugh, my AA runs were unnecessarily more stressful today. After several really rough starts that didn't make it past map 3, I finally got to map 6 with some really good scores along the way, and then I had a brain fart and put my 4*+10 Hana in range of two L!Hectors. 

After getting a successful run, I'm safe with a rank in the 300's.

So I was thinking about the new Arena scoring and tier 21, and I should be able to easily fish for 754+ scores with my almost 800 crests, but the +3 points per bonus unit kill is definitely going to hurt me. Super whales have the advantage of having multiple bonus units and therefore can have all of their kills get the +3 bonus.

20 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

So I was thinking about the new Arena scoring and tier 21, and I should be able to easily fish for 754+ scores with my almost 800 crests, but the +3 points per bonus unit kill is definitely going to hurt me. Super whales have the advantage of having multiple bonus units and therefore can have all of their kills get the +3 bonus.

I'm not sure there are enough super whales out there to actually do such a thing, though.

I typically still rank between 300 and 700 in both Arena and Arena Assault, meaning the number of whales bigger than me cannot be all that much higher than a few hundred, and I've been much more casual of a whale as of late.