Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

19 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Usually, I think an enemy team is too bulky and I can't kill them. And for me, DC is expensive. I rarely ever have fodder for it. >_<

save some orbs and go for it in Feb when hector is 4%.
if you can spend money on orbs for your favourites like Eph, you can save some money for key resources like DC
(though to be fair, i wouldn't give my Sharena or Anna dc - but that's an eash their own)

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aether Raids was a pretty good idea on its own. I don't think it was ever going to hold out under the pressure of their power creep policy going forward. I feel like it'd have to be approached in a Living Card Game sort of mentality to save it from the spiral it's found itself in. And we all know that isn't happening, because whales. I'm still having fun with it, but Lulls shut down so many strategies when spammed that I'm really curious how IS thinks they're going to dig themselves out of this one.

25 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Usually, I think an enemy team is too bulky and I can't kill them. And for me, DC is expensive. I rarely ever have fodder for it. >_<

You will want to run Renewal, Aether, and make sure your bonus unit is getting Tactics buffs. Renewal and buffs helps make your own units outlast the enemy, and you basically just wait for Aether to charge.

To make the battle go faster, you want to invest in a Firesweep unit to chip enemies' HP down.

You might be able to get by without Distant Counter. Reyson got Steady Posture at 4* and Silvia got Mirror Stance at 5*.

14 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

No you don’t, every time someone links the  AI guide to you, and tells you you can read a paragraph once a day(which takes 5 minutes) to get better, you say you are to busy. 

‘Learn the AI movement is a perfectly vlid response to someone who chronically has shown to not put in the effort despite complaining. 

Me and other people have been giving helpful advice for weeks and you took almost none of it to heart. So don’t start bullshitting about how our comments are not helpful of they’re only four words long. People tend to get fed up when they type out long essays to help others and only 3% of the info gets acknowledged and maybe used(B!Ike inthis case)

Just because I don't use that one guide doesn't mean I'm not trying. Don't call me a liar.

8 minutes ago, XRay said:

You will want to run Renewal, Aether, and make sure your bonus unit is getting Tactics buffs. Renewal and buffs helps make your own units outlast the enemy, and you basically just wait for Aether to charge.

To make the battle go faster, you want to invest in a Firesweep unit to chip enemies' HP down.

You might be able to get by without Distant Counter. Reyson got Steady Posture at 4* and Silvia got Mirror Stance at 5*.

Sometimes those bulky units are running skills like that themselves though, and I can't kill them because they keep healing.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Sometimes those bulky units are running skills like that themselves though, and I can't kill them because they keep healing.

You will need a Firesweep unit to help counteract their healing. A healer with Pain and Dazzling Staff Refine will do.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Just because I don't use that one guide doesn't mean I'm not trying. Don't call me a liar.

Fact: Multiple people have given you solid advice: amonst that, the ai guide.

Fact: besides this AI guide I have personally also requested that you record your offense against defense teams from this community.

Fact: I have also requested you to show your defense team by befriending people of this community so we could tackle your defense map and show you how the ai works.

Fact: you have done NONE of these. Always coming up with excuses. 

So I will call bullshit when I see bullshit. Give me some damn examples of you gaining new knowledge about the AI and executing it in your plays if you have been working on this. 

So far the only thing I have seen you listening to is giving B!Ike DC and a Light blessing. Both of these actions have nothing to do with AI knowledge, the AI is not involved with distribution of blessings or skill inheritance.

We’ve been handing out advice like candy, so if you are so certain that you’ve been implementing new knowledge, I would like to know exactly what you have been doing to manipulate the AI. Because so far, I am smelling a big pile of BS.

Why dont we talk about something else!

Like uhhhh....

How useful Altina is in arena!

Personally, I think her special trigger is super OP. Fierce stance with Vantage seems nice and cheesy. I guess you could opt for guidance or something too. The fact that she's a flier is just amazing. Good for using tactic skills and stuff ~

4 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Why dont we talk about something else!

Like uhhhh....

How useful Altina is in arena!

Personally, I think her special trigger is super OP. Fierce stance with Vantage seems nice and cheesy. I guess you could opt for guidance or something too. The fact that she's a flier is just amazing. Good for using tactic skills and stuff ~

The fact she is a flier is actually holding her back in my opinion, because you cant replace her A-Slot skill with something different, unless you give her Iotes Shield in the Sacred Seal slot or give up on tackling Archers. But then again there are so many Sword Infantry users soooo... and allready 3 Brave effect users sooo... more diversity is good.

33 minutes ago, Hilda said:

The fact she is a flier is actually holding her back in my opinion, because you cant replace her A-Slot skill with something different, unless you give her Iotes Shield in the Sacred Seal slot or give up on tackling Archers. But then again there are so many Sword Infantry users soooo... and allready 3 Brave effect users sooo... more diversity is good.

But flier emblem 👀

She only needs to take enough damage to get low and spam Vantage. So she can use something like Fury I guess...

Cant wait to see if we ever get fierce stance 4

Cause that would probably be really good on her

Oops, wrong thread. Granted, I guess Mystic Boost B!Ike would still be quite useful in Arena, despite it being an AR build.

I'm happy to see the babysitter meta go. I wasn't too keen on building a ton more +10s for that without at least having the legendaries at or near +10 for non-Water seasons (take a wild guess at how well that's been working out for me), but I was on the verge breaking and building Soren. Those old F2P armours just don't have a good time trying to set up kills for anyone.

Edited by Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like L!Ike bonus + earth season was causing a good chunk of the score inflation. 3,812 score, rank 906/1,185 (/3,953) in T21 this week, almost the same rank as the last 2 weeks with a score of 3,830. Although, the bonus kill change definitely caused some inflation as well. Hopefully some more of the score inflation is just due to the Peony bonus, but we will see the next couple weeks I suppose.

6 hours ago, daisy jane said:

YAY! congrats on your first crown! 🙂

Thanks! Season's finished and I have it now.

Screenshot_20191230-190233.png

My team:

Screenshot_20191230-121012.pngScreenshot_20191230-121016.pngScreenshot_20191230-121024.pngScreenshot_20191230-121030.png

Edited by Othin

My bonus unit will be Osian. I believe he will do great! If I get Alfonse as free summon, I will use him instead.

23 hours ago, Othin said:

Took about 250 crests, but I made it to 3,772 points! Should be set to hit T21 for the first time.

Congrats Othin! The first crown is always a big deal! Keep doing great!

22 hours ago, Othin said:

Thanks! Season's finished and I have it now.

Screenshot_20191230-190233.png

My team:

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_20191230-121012.pngScreenshot_20191230-121016.pngScreenshot_20191230-121024.pngScreenshot_20191230-121030.png

Ayyyye congrattss!!

Aiming to see if I can get #6~

My first run was cutting it way too close so I had to do some fishing, which took way too long. This would be the week people run mono-Red dragonkilling teams. Also had to give Ares Aether~

Z5vVdRU.png

UoSKNPd.png

It's still early, though. If I don't make it, hopefully I can during Delthea's week~

you can do it @Landmaster

my first few runs weren't cutting it. i think i have to fish, the last few weeks it was kinda easy but fire week always seems to be tough for me. (I think it's hector's dc foddering butt's fault). I really wanna try because after Sothis, i'm probably swimming in 19-20 land for a while. 

I know that this is old news for the people who checks Datamine, but here are the next bonus units for arena!

d9Gfw0t.jpg

I am going with Osian. He will not help me to keep Tier 21, but he will be useful to promote back to Tier 21 once I demote this season.

Wow, Celica helped me to a new highscore: 3,804 

That's 8 higher than my old highscore, without fire blessed units in my team and without much fishing. I had four 748 matches and one 752, max is 754 (see my team: http://tinyurl.com/yzjyjrru).

Since next season is fire again, I might try to hold tier 21. Changing blessings would boost my max score to 760. Without going crazy with fishing, I could reach 3,840 (3,860 max). 

No idea where the threshold is these days.