pianime94

Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

Just now, Othin said:

Nah, they broke the walls and moved forward on their own. I don't remember my own team using penalties.

That's nice. Being in AA allowed you to plan the best team to use against them.

If this one was in my first AA match my Aversa would affect how they move, for sure.

I'm guessing people just use the General Discussion thread for this now, but how's AA this week for people? It's a little early, but I'm rank 2110 with an average score of 749.7. I haven't been keeping track of the other Weeks, but I'm usually high 2000's and drop to 3000's at this point. I'm wondering if people aren't bothering with it as much because of F!Edelgard and what not, I didn't bump into one thankfully.

2 weeks ago I tried to get a 2nd Young Tana, so Seteth could have Trace. I didn't go as expected.

However, I kept getting Lyons, both 4* and 5*. When I reached 8 copies, the mission changed from getting Trace skill to finish +10ing Lyon.

In the end, I managed to build a +10 Young Lyon that I used for these past 2 weeks. It was fun to keep Tier 21 for a while.

It seems like regular Arena fights are borderline impossible this week without pulling for and using Fallen Edelgard -- she seems borderline invincible to a lot of budget Arena core units.

EDIT: Got my deathless Arena run done though it still took several tries even after switching Alfonse's Prf weapon to Armorsmasher+; still had to contend with stuff like Ninja Lyn and such.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Aether Raids are the same, at least there is only one week left for bonus.

Waiting for the weekend for my arena run, but honestly can't think of a good counter for fedelgard. I don't have armor smashing units, I suppose i could level up Brave eliwood? I'm really hoping Claude and Lilina can carry me through this.

11 hours ago, Sil/phire said:

Waiting for the weekend for my arena run, but honestly can't think of a good counter for fedelgard. I don't have armor smashing units, I suppose i could level up Brave eliwood? I'm really hoping Claude and Lilina can carry me through this.

You want a Firesweeper, ideally an archer, but staff units work too. Firesweepers will counter pretty much any problematic enemy Arena throws at you.

For Arena, I used my own Fallen Edelgard to dal with her, but in future seasons i expect Young Marth to do the job.

I swapped Special Spiral for Null Follow-Up. My strat will be tanking her and damaging her with 2 attacks since NFU will allow Marth to double. And even if she survives the first combat, she will trigger her "Raging Storm" effect and act again, so Marth should kill her with vantage.

For AR, I used my Save Ball counter team againt her, which is Young Merric + Dancers and Mythics.

Edited by Diovani Bressan