Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

4364 Offense is worth:

• Ground Zero (6PM PST on Feb 21) - #3787
  • After 24 Hours - #6826
  • After 48 Hours - #9841
  • After 72 Hours - #11 964

So, might rank better by about 1000. We'll see. Starting to think I'm not gonna get any defenses this week. Last week I only got one win and that was by about midway. Been trying to rotate in annoying comps as they come to mind, but my units may just not be up to snuff (which kind of makes sense, I guess, since stuff I run into that can kill my streak is usually around +5~+7 and I'm still fielding half 4*).

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Elieson said:

I just broke 4k for the first time ever. 1 death across the 7 chain, got me:

Offense=4198

Rank=71,581

Granted, I'm running 3* Olivia at lv21 and 4* Sharena at 40, so I have some stats that I could definitely consider buffing that aren't my 5*s (Marth & Julia)  right now, which probably explains why I'm a tad behind, but I'm stoked that I got this high.

My rank just changed to 23855. How the heck did i rank up by almost 50k, without doing anything!??

29 minutes ago, Elieson said:

My rank just changed to 23855. How the heck did i rank up by almost 50k, without doing anything!??

Perhaps you got a Defense bonus and hadn't had it before, if that can be a factor?

35 minutes ago, Elieson said:

I guess you're just that good. Also an update on my score: 4,229 gets me to 21,517. If I can stay over 30,000 I can be added to one of the many people who ask; Who do I five star! So fricking excited I can back flip of my bed!

Spoiler

Maybe just jump

1 hour ago, Elieson said:

It takes time for your rank to update. I think it happens at the start of every hour. A score of 4198 is currently way higher than 71581st so your rank was definitely out of date. Like my score is a fair bit lower and I'm in the Top 50000.

I'm very proud of this score.  I think I only had one death, that I can remember anyway.  And I kept drawing that stupid parallel breakable wall map, but I don't think I can do much better.

Fire%20Emblem%20Heroes_2017-02-25-08-44-

I was worried that switching out Hector for Julia would hurt my team, but she's been working very well.  She's too slow to double much, but with the right positioning and chip damage, I can usually get by without any deaths.

Got 4452 offense earlier while finishing up the arena quests. When I checked today it was rank 7974.

4442 had dropped to rank 7337 yesterday before that.

I don’t think it’s going to last sub 10k but we’ll see.

After getting Ephraim trained to 40 and slotting him into my team's blue slot(RIP Sharena, she dropped out of Bonus just as I got her to 5*, soon, sooooon) I managed to get another perfect run, this time ending up at 4368 offense(with a 255 defense win), putting me at rank 13393 at the time of posting. 4* Nino and Kagero are really showing their lack of raw stats at the moment, but there isn't much I can do without lowering my score through lack of team synergy and thus losing units. Still, at this point dropping out of top 30k seems unlikely, and I'm satisfied with that much for the moment. If I can do this consistently, I'll keep a steady pace of 3k feathers per season, which is a good enough clip for me to be happy with.

2,815 offense, rank 71,274 (8:01PM PST)
3,441 offense, rank 46,978 (1:39AM PST)
3,441 offense, rank 60,087 (5:39PM PST)
4,368 offense, rank 12,513 (3:09PM PST) (Didn't submit a score yesterday)

I'll be happy sticking to this rank floor (10,001-30,000). Gets me a positive net after unlocking Narcian to 4*. While he wasn't completely useless, he didn't make the matches easier either. In fact, enemies like Takumi would be drawn to him despite other units being closer. He was a nuisance--but I'm glad that's over. I'll just be doing Arena matches for the fun of it. If I were to try to beat this score, it would be replacing Olivia, and I don't know how comfortable I'll be without Hone Attack/Dance.

I hope the next bonus characters include ones from the Against Robin banner. I had gotten two of them before the banner. Adult Tiki is ready to go.

23 minutes ago, Dual Dragons said:

2,815 offense, rank 71,274 (8:01PM PST)
3,441 offense, rank 46,978 (1:39AM PST)
3,441 offense, rank 60,087 (5:39PM PST)
4,368 offense, rank 12,513 (3:09PM PST) (Didn't submit a score yesterday)

I'll be happy sticking to this rank floor (10,001-30,000). Gets me a positive net after unlocking Narcian to 4*. While he wasn't completely useless, he didn't make the matches easier either. In fact, enemies like Takumi would be drawn to him despite other units being closer. He was a nuisance--but I'm glad that's over. I'll just be doing Arena matches for the fun of it. If I were to try to beat this score, it would be replacing Olivia, and I don't know how comfortable I'll be without Hone Attack/Dance.

I hope the next bonus characters include ones from the Against Robin banner. I had gotten two of them before the banner. Adult Tiki is ready to go.

I've had Maria since the first weekend.  I could try running her, if that's the case.  I have the other three, but they're just 3* or 4*.

Fortunately I have yet to encounter such crazy merged Units. The worst I had to deal with was a YoungTiki+3 iirc. Then again, I seem to be quite lucky with the matchups as I've never encountered things like multiple Takumis or something similar.

Also, I somehow managed to accomplish a flawless winstreak without any deaths, so those 1500 Feathers should be save for me now. Odin proofed not to be as useless as I thought, as he is able to finish of Takumis after Tiki chipped them thanks to Nino's Hone Attack, relieving Cordelia or Nino of doing so. He still can't bring down a Lilina though unfortunatly, which is a shame considering he should be a counter to red tomes.

Spoiler

Screenshot_2017-02-26-02-30-05.thumb.png.3c59f677067ac2afc0af32f33b40087d.png

I hope they will change the bonus heroes for the next Season, or add at least 3 more to the roster, I don't want to drag Odin through another one.

1 hour ago, Gee said:

Is anyone else going up against top tier teams all +10 ? The cheating is getting out of hand 

You mean like this?

Fire%20Emblem%20Heroes_2017-02-21-20-29-

I've run into a few, but I've got a pretty solid team.  I haven't lost a battle this week.  My Julia's not +10, but she's pretty solid.

Did they implement of duplicate clause, or shadow ban teams like 3-4 Takumis?  I ran into those left and right in the first few weeks, but I haven't faced a single one this week.  Now that I say that, I'll probably face 2 or 3 tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

I've fought double Takumi teams recently. Never had to fight a triple, but I can handle two just fine.

I guess I've just gotten lucky.  Having swapped Hector out for Julia, I don't have a hard counter for him, anymore.

Managed to bump my score up to 4592 (+70ish points) by switching up my team from "Nino Emblem" to Tiki (Young), Eirika, Julia, Ephraim for the higher stat total. I was a little afraid of how the team would perform without song power and without the sheer synergy of the Nino team...but I ended up running into a lot of Effies, Hectors, and Sword Lords. I guess that makes sense, since a higher rated team is more likely to be running them, but since those three things are hard countered by Julia, Tiki, and Ephraim, it was just about as stomp-y as Nino. I'll see where the rank goes after the next update, currently sitting at 3760 from the old score of 4524.

9 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Whoops, slightly missed the 24-hour mark. Ah, well, can still do a relatively accurate update.

4364 Offense is worth:

• Ground Zero (6PM PST on Feb 21) - #3787
  • After 24 Hours - #6826
  • After 48 Hours - #9841
  • After 72 Hours - #11 964
  • After 98 Hours - #14 334

Still not defenses at all. Just my luck.

I had at least 10 Defense wins last week, and this week, I have only 4 as of today.  It seems a bit random as to how many I get.  I wish I could save my wins for later weeks.

48 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Still not defenses at all. Just my luck.

I had no defense wins until yesterday. Then I replaced Serra with Cecilia, and within several hours the team won twice.

I attribute these wins to Cecilia because I have to justify ditching Serra to myself. I feel so bad for that.