Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

7 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

I wish Mikoto had demoted, too, though I can see why not with that Infantry Rush~ 

Yeah... Since I use Lucius on my Infantry Team, Infantry Rush would be great on him. I was thinking that, if I get a extra Mikoto someday, I will give Infantry Rush to Lucius.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Yeah... Since I use Lucius on my Infantry Team, Infantry Rush would be great on him. I was thinking that, if I get a extra Mikoto someday, I will give Infantry Rush to Lucius.

Sounds good, Flash+ is also cool for a staff. Mikoto's got a lot of good Skills~

I thought Ogma+6 would be enough to stay in Tier 21, but 3769 isn't even close to being able to stay, which is sad.  I had to fish to even get that, so it looks like I'm back to 20 next week.

Weekly scores:

T21 Arena score: 3,802 - Rank 1,088/1,416 (/4,723)

AA score: 5,282 - Rank 703

Pretty average week in AA. Started off with 3,796 in T21 arena, but it didn't look like it was going to hold this morning, so I grabbed a few more points. Gained almost 300 ranks from just 6 points. Pretty amazing how close everyone is to the cutoff. Looks like 3 absolutely maxed duel units and a +2 bonus unit isn't going to cut it soon. Really need to work on merging some other legendary heroes now.

Bugger, without spending feathers to promote my 3* copies to 4*, Seth can only get up to 4*+7 and that probably doesn't put him ahead of unmerged 5*s for scoring.

PrpkwMu.png

And it doesn't. Didn't notice my Lyn's HP superboon takes her to the next bin too. Certainly not going to spend 6000 feathers to max out Seth so Lyn will have to do. Only aiming to float T19.5 anyway so hopefully she's sufficient.

EDIT: Wait, the calculator bugged out and didn't subtract the bane from Lyn's BST. So 152 BST for 688 which seems more sensible (but useless).

Edited by Humanoid

Caineghis is, literally, a beast! He's so efficient even when not transformed. This wasn't a hard season to get enough score to reach Tier 21, even with a not high scoring build. I gave him Shove, so I can Heal or Rally the Lion King and shove the ally away, and Threaten Def, so I can decrease foe's Def on Caineghis range.

I don't even know why I tried to go with Lyn this season. She had trouble killing every red that showed up and needed other units to soften for her first. That led me to tricky situations where I lost units or failed to get the kill with her.

I'll just go with Sharena that's a lot easier to use.

4 hours ago, Rinco said:

I'll just go with Sharena that's a lot easier to use.

If you have the dough, you can give LOTW!Lyn a Firesweep Bow and let her slowly kill off every foe sans the ones with Null C-Disrupt. It is more challenging against red foes, but Aether triggers, Drive Atk, and Atk Tactic (if team composition allows) should help her a lot in scoring red kills.

But I agree that Sharena is a lot easier to use. She has no trouble tanking hits and dealing damage against bulky greens as long as they are not running Triangle Adept.

Edited by XRay

8 hours ago, XRay said:

If you have the dough, you can give LOTW!Lyn a Firesweep Bow and let her slowly kill off every foe sans the ones with Null C-Disrupt. It is more challenging against red foes, but Aether triggers, Drive Atk, and Atk Tactic (if team composition allows) should help her a lot in scoring red kills.

But I agree that Sharena is a lot easier to use. She has no trouble tanking hits and dealing damage against bulky greens as long as they are not running Triangle Adept.

Never got to pull a Faye =[

13 hours ago, Nowi's Husband said:

With Maria +10 I can now roll for 756 lead in AA, got 5279.  What's the threshold for top 1000k?  I'm basically at my limit, Witch Nowi and Maria have duel skills, and Nowi and Fae are only a little below 170 bst themselves.

The threshold for top 1k is generally around 5,280, depending on the season. Since it's earth season, it might be a bit higher. Last earth season I had 5,287 and was rank 757.

22 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

Well. I am dropping to 19 again. but i am glad i can do 19-20, 20-19. :) small improvements. 
Sharena with her triple bonds is doing great for me. 

can't do more until i get my 3rd +10 unit.

Yeah... small steps... that's how we need to do.

The first time I reached Tier 21 was when Legendary Tiki was released. I used her and high merged units with earth blessing, 2 of them were +10 (Marth and Nowi), and the 3rd one was +4 or +5, I don't remember, but he had G Duel Infantry, so he scored well.

Once you have 3 +10 unit to use on Arena, will be easier to keep the Tier 20, and once it happens, the next step will be Tier 21.

6 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Yeah... small steps... that's how we need to do.

The first time I reached Tier 21 was when Legendary Tiki was released. I used her and high merged units with earth blessing, 2 of them were +10 (Marth and Nowi), and the 3rd one was +4 or +5, I don't remember, but he had G Duel Infantry, so he scored well.

Once you have 3 +10 unit to use on Arena, will be easier to keep the Tier 20, and once it happens, the next step will be Tier 21.

yah - Tiki is really doing her work.I'm not  sure if moving to L!Lucy wil help (I doubt it she's more merged but i know range  doesn't score that much so i have my +1 tiki). I am waiting for DC (for Clair) or  est or Nowi. guess what i never get. 

I've been scoring in the 5000's too for AA so that made me so excited. but again i keep falling hahaha so i know once i get unit #3 i should stay within 3 to 5K and then when i get unit #4 poof. we're cooking with Gas. (but boy, i just need more feathers. moooreeee feathers..)

thanks for the support, Diovani :)

Great Arena season ahead of me. Lyn is one of my score bricks thanks to G Duel Infantry, so I'm promoting from T20. The question is whether I can stay T21. I also got my flawless Assault run out of the way so I don't have to phone it in Sunday night / Monday morning. If I actually try in Assault, I can get 5k guaranteed, usually even 3k.

Weekly Scores:

T21 Arena score: 3,792 - Rank 832/1,389 (/4,630)

AA score: 5,284 - Rank 901

Was cutting it close in AA this week. Thankfully I didn't have to bother with another round. Arena was decent with armoursmasher Seth, although I did have to do a bit of score fishing. Next week should be nice since it's water week and I can use L!Azura.

My laguz team worked out really well! I got a deathless win streak in my first go this season! I wish I could use that team all the time there now. :P But I should be able to for this week, at least.

My AA Score is low (under 5000), but nothing i can do about this until i get my last +10. 
lost 1 unit. (thanks, useless Ryoma) - but everyone else did their job well. 

Arena - deathless run (didn't feed Sharena a lot of kills, more concentrating on going deathless but she did manage some impressive hits, did not regret giving her Rutget's Atk/Def bond, nope, nope nope), and i scored a 517, so hopefully that gets me back to 20. next two weeks are Anna weeks and as I only have a Genny, i'm prepared to go back down to 18 and make my way back up.

Good luck everyone else. 

Massive salt in Assault. Is your in-game name Charizard with a team of F!Grima / SY!Tiki / Nowi / Fae? You just cost me like 3 or more coins/stones picking off one of my units. Seriously, seven matches is too long, not going to sit down for another half hour plus for that little improvement.

On the plus side, my alt's arena core scores well enough that one casualty isn't enough to make me fall back to T17 and lose an orb.

Edited by Chrom-ulent

I do not think Allegiance Battle needs its own separate thread. It is basically the same pissing contest as Arena to see who can score the highest with its BST scoring and bonus kills. The main difference is that you fight twice the amount of foes but the foes are easy.

I feel like I am forgetting something...

Oh yeah, there is also the Pair-Up mechanic. It feels tacked on and shoved into the mode without any thought, and since the foes are so easy, I often times just tank foes with my nukes instead of changing it to my friends' armor units as I frequently forgot Pair-Up even existed.

I guess it is easy like Arena Assault, so the free rewards are something.

My score is currently 878. I am not sure how to score 900 though, let alone 950+, so I might be missing out on some Feathers.

Edited by XRay

An arena mode I only have to do once a week? They should make the three other PvP modes just like this.

Did two matches admittedly, one where I had no idea there were meant to be reinforcements and ended up losing a unit. But 860 points on the first proper attempt, good enough for me. Would have to do massively better and optimise for even a chance at the next reward tier, which is what, another 100-200 feathers and 2-4 more flowers? Yeah nah.