Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

13 hours ago, Landmaster said:

L!Alm? He's nothing to fear in AA anymore!

That's my approach as well. Just nuke him away before trying to tank him. 

13 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Anyway, very lucky in getting good scoring matches without having to really fish~ Nice considering I was forced to forgo two kills on Alm~ 3,764 is the score for this week

Wow, very nice score! Soon you might be able to stay in tier 21! 

I managed to stay in tier 21 once with a score of 3,796 two weeks ago. The same score wasn't enough last week, so this week I should promote again with 3,792. 

Got a new highscore in AA with 5,276, but I think I'm still not in danger to ever stay in top 1k. 

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, mampfoid said:

That's my approach as well. Just nuke him away before trying to tank him. 

Wow, very nice score! Soon you might be able to stay in tier 21! 

I managed to stay in tier 21 once with a score of 3,796 two weeks ago. The same score wasn't enough last week, so this week I should promote again with 3,792. 

Got a new highscore in AA with 5,276, but I think I'm still not in danger to ever stay in top 1k. 

Congrats on your new high score and promoting again!

Arena Assault has sure been fun this week.

YvknHfd.png

They were all +10, and I gave up when one of them one-rounded my 52 Def Tiki.  Thankfully it was just the first match, but Christ-almighty.  

1 hour ago, DLNarshen said:

Arena Assault has sure been fun this week.

Shit like this is why there seriously needs to be a duplicate clause and a duplicate refresher clause while we're at it, especially for Aether Raids. Oh wait, there is one in Arena Assault...but it only applies to you and not any of the defense teams you face because, you know, that's fair.

I finally did a flawless streak in AA. Took forever because Alm is in almost every single team. Caineghis barely survived Alm despite being made to hard counter ranged units on enemy phase. How do I build hard counters for this guy when units like Cecellia and Caineghis barely deal with him. I haven't even encountered many heavily merged Alms either. 

5 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

I finally did a flawless streak in AA. Took forever because Alm is in almost every single team. Caineghis barely survived Alm despite being made to hard counter ranged units on enemy phase. How do I build hard counters for this guy when units like Cecellia and Caineghis barely deal with him. I haven't even encountered many heavily merged Alms either. 

You're not meant to Enemy Phase him, he literally only gets the free Moonbow when he initiates, which you're giving him if you try to Enemy Phase him. Nuke him on Player Phase~

Did my own weekly AA run just now and was lucky enough to only encounter one Legendary Alm across all seven match-ups. And he had a Brave Bow+. Huh.

Granted my score range is only like 700 per match so he may not be very common at this level.

3 hours ago, Icelerate said:

2 hours ago, Landmaster said:

You're not meant to Enemy Phase him, he literally only gets the free Moonbow when he initiates, which you're giving him if you try to Enemy Phase him. Nuke him on Player Phase~

There's only two things I could see really working for EPing him on a consistent basis: stuff that one-rounds on the first counter. Which basically means blade tomes Swordhardt, Keaton and cooldown shenanigans with Slaying weaponry and/or pulse effects. He can't one-round you if he just instantly explodes upon initiation. Thinking of that actually reminds me that I should figure out a blessing for my Valentine's Hector. His base kit already does that with no extra effort and Alm's basically guaranteed to put him into Wrath range.

5 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

There's only two things I could see really working for EPing him on a consistent basis: stuff that one-rounds on the first counter. Which basically means blade tomes Swordhardt, Keaton and cooldown shenanigans with Slaying weaponry and/or pulse effects. He can't one-round you if he just instantly explodes upon initiation. Thinking of that actually reminds me that I should figure out a blessing for my Valentine's Hector. His base kit already does that with no extra effort and Alm's basically guaranteed to put him into Wrath range.

DC Keaton and Swordhardt are good strategies but not something everyone has (I do have Keaton of the two but I don't even use him to face Alm because he's far too slow and if he fails to one round Alm, he's done).

What I do consistently use well is my Picnic Leo. He's a TA Raventome build with DD3 in the Seal. He can easily tank Alm's initiation and pretty consistently one shots him in return due to his poor Res. I know Cecilia has slightly less Physical bulk than him but I would like to imagine she could do the same, and maybe Lyon, who is also free Raventome user.

3 hours ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Actually more. My Karel runs a HP boon and sits at 72 HP. he can Enemy phase him. Since loads of HP instead of Def further your bulk but not his weapon ability to add more dmg for haveing high def.

If you want Bulk against Alm +HP is the way to go. of course there is a sweet spot.

The other method is shield pulse and defensiv specials but we all know how crap they are outside of the hands of Raven or Fjorm.

Anna week is just suffering but thankfully I ran into chicken Ryoma more than Alm. Think it's enough to get me back to T21.

b2MlaSI.jpg

@Icelerate My go to unit to counter ranged foes is Jeorge. Alm is no exception, he can safely bait or PP him just fine. He doesn't really need high investment either (Fury/CC, Vantage, Smoke, Bond/Brazen/DD). His Parthia is just too good. 

Edited by Syllabear

Weekly Scores:

T21 arena score: 3,860 - rank 4/1,377 (/4,591)

AA score: 5,328 - rank 172

Team:

+10 Sothe (+spd) - Peshkatz, Rally Atk/Spd+, Aether, C Duel Infantry, Watersweep, Odd Spd Wave, Poison Strike.

+10 Fae (+spd) - Lightning Breath (spd), Rally Atk/Spd+, Aether, G Duel Infantry, Poison Strike, Joint Hone Spd, Spur Def/Res.

+9 Legendary Azura (+spd) - Prayer Wheel, Gray Waves, Aether, B Duel Flying, Chill Def, Hone Spd 4, Guidance.

T21 Arena: +10 Garon (neutral) - Breath of Blight, Rally Spd/Def, Aether, Fort. Def/Res, Quick Riposte, Panic Ploy, Close Defense.

AA: +10 Cherche (+atk) - Cherche's Axe (panic), Rally Up Atk+, Galeforce, G Duel Flying, Wings of Mercy, Def Tactic, Res Tactic.

Spoiler

5ce32f39ba39d_GaronArenaBonus.thumb.jpg.1e716514b808efdda25d32218cf47b2d.jpgIMG_2556.thumb.jpg.36a5d8eb691f0290cdc19a48eec10e73.jpgIMG_2557.thumb.jpg.466fa14c225614a1919cefc49d23cc29.jpg

Wonderful Garon with arena bonus stats and a 7/7/7/7 L!Azura buff.

Thanks to the god that is Garon, I managed to get my highest arena score yet, along with rank 4. I wanted to try for a few 762 matches so I could be rank 1, but I couldn't even get a single one, so instead of wasting crests that I should be saving, I just went with all 760 matches. AA was normal water week for me, easy top 1k thanks to L!Azura. Really going to miss Garon as a bonus unit, but since Libra was announced as a bonus for the next two weeks, I decided to start my +10 Libra project early. Will be using a +5 Libra the next two weeks, so I shouldn't have a problem with staying in T21.

Edited by Maaka

Fuck Nowi. I have wasted at least 10 fucking Dueling Crests just for that asshole to ruin my streak each time.

17 minutes ago, XRay said:

Fuck Nowi. I have wasted at least 10 fucking Dueling Crests just for that asshole to ruin my streak each time.

colorless dragon with auto armor march and self buffs. better get a watersweep unit with you or panic or a gravity healer. 

Luckily Soren or Azama fit that bill

53 minutes ago, Hilda said:

colorless dragon with auto armor march and self buffs. better get a watersweep unit with you or panic or a gravity healer. 

Luckily Soren or Azama fit that bill

I just wasted like 20 or 30 fucking Crests and I am done with fucking Nowi and DW!F!Corrin. My best streak has one death and 75%+ bonus kills.

I have BH!Lyn as my Firesweep archer.

Edited by XRay

14 hours ago, XRay said:

I just wasted like 20 or 30 fucking Crests and I am done with fucking Nowi and DW!F!Corrin. My best streak has one death and 75%+ bonus kills.

I have BH!Lyn as my Firesweep archer.

but BH Lyn scores shitty. My run with Legendry hector as my bonus killer ended, with all kills from him, but i made one mistake. I didnt check for the opponents LHector running Galeforce and sniping my LAzura lol up until then everything was going fine. LAzura for visible buffs/guidance for faster moving, Azama with Witchy Wand to reset specials and apply guard and Marth as my drive skill support.

2 minutes ago, Hilda said:

but BH Lyn scores shitty. My run with Legendry hector as my bonus killer ended, with all kills from him, but i made one mistake. I didnt check for the opponents LHector running Galeforce and sniping my LAzura lol up until then everything was going fine. LAzura for visible buffs/guidance for faster moving, Azama with Witchy Wand to reset specials and apply guard and Marth as my drive skill support.

I run Reinhardt, BH!Lyn, and Olivia, bouncing between Tier 19 and Tier 20, and I do not want invest in a new Arena team.

Man actually having a bonus unit (L!Hector) with enough HP to panic ploy people consistently is a godsend. Makes dealing with the armored Tiki Variants and Surtr much easier to actually get bonus kills on.

This week is demotion week for me. Still not sure if to use L!Hector with Galeforce next week or fallen Tiki. 

Switching to fire blessings might score enough to stay in tier 21, but I won't bother. Tiki might get her kills easier. 

Got a no-death win streak and only missed one bonus kill this morning. Finally! Scored 3717, rank 3161, so I might be able to stay Tier 20 if I am lucky.

Weekly Scores:

T21 arena score: 3,826 - rank 466/1,380 (/4,601)

AA score: 5,320 - rank 142

Team:

+10 Sothe (+spd) - Peshkatz, Rally Atk/Spd+, Aether, C Duel Infantry, Watersweep, Odd Spd Wave, Poison Strike.

+10 Fae (+spd) - Lightning Breath (spd), Rally Atk/Spd+, Aether, G Duel Infantry, Poison Strike, Joint Hone Spd, Spur Def/Res.

+9 Legendary Azura (+spd) - Prayer Wheel, Gray Waves, Aether, B Duel Flying, Chill Def, Hone Spd 4, Guidance.

T21 Arena: +5 Libra (+def) - Hack 'o Lantern (res), Rally Spd/Def, Aether, Sturdy Stance, Renewal, Panic Ploy, Atk/Def Bond.

AA: +10 Cherche (+atk) - Cherche's Axe (panic), Rally Up Atk+, Galeforce, G Duel Flying, Wings of Mercy, Def Tactic, Res Tactic.

Normal water week. Decided to merge Libra up a bit since he is one of my +10 projects. Only trouble he had was with Idunn since he couldn't even damage her without Aether. Otherwise it was just park him in front of the enemy and watch them die.

Did Arena today with a score of 3742. I would have had a better score if I made a better decision on one round. Should have trusted my Bartre more.

At least Bartre does really nice. Does anyone know where the cutoff for T21 might be? If 3742 is not enough I might go for a bit more... Maybe I just take it slowly and starting tomorrow I try to rounds with fishing.

Edited by Stroud