Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

51 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

You are my new favorite poster now.

Besides Arcanite

I'm liking the bonus selection this week, since I can run Horse Emblem provided I can finish building my Cecilia with the next 20k feathers.

Riding the subway means your head is under the gutter every day. People occasionally display their fetishes in public.

Do not let Oboro hear that. I think she thinks my daughter is Nohrian. I am not perfect and I died in the future as I am told; I do not have access to Lancebreaker and she can kill me with her Enmity, Lancefaire, Air Superiority, and Lancebreaker. I do not want to die before I can tell Chrom my feelings.

Cecilia is good. I do not think I can use her since I do not have enough Feathers lying around to promote and merge her to increase my Arena score.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I managed to get a defense win! Not with a bonus unit though. I decided to try using my full cavalry team rather than dragging Alfonse along since the Alfonse teams just weren't working, so that's 500 feathers which is less than 900 but better than 0. Fortunately that won't be a problem for the next two weeks.

Whoops, got super lazy on record keeping this week in combination of work throwing everything off rhythm and the fact that this score put me into guaranteed territory.

Tier 19 score of 4874 (no deaths; no surrenders; 696, 694, 698, 696, 692, 702, 696; Nowi +3, Alfonse 5*, Eirika 5*, Nino +5):

• Jul 12, 1:35AM PT - #135 (/4805 to Tier 20)
  • Jul 17, 9:25AM PT - #685 (/5583 to Tier 20)

Hit sixteen defense wins, with the highest being 584.

In funny news: Hone Atk banner showed up. Perfect opportunity to upgrade the star of my team, right? Pulled almost exclusively greens with some initial blues to get a little bit of fodder and help build pity percent at the same time. Well, I, of course, started getting green-less stone formations after I hit the requisite pity percentage (3.5%) and I refuse to pull grey most of the time (pretty much takes a focus unit to persuade me, but I also have to be in a mood to waste orbs on bad 3* healers). Got my pity percentage broken first by blue, then red. So, uh, yeah, in pulling 95% green, I got zero 5* Ninos, instead somehow getting both other foci. I guess I've got a deeper bench for Chain/Squad/GHB and I kinda wanted to eventually build an F!Corrin for fun, but man, when my main purpose for pulling is Arena... what are the odds?

13 hours ago, JSND said:

DE5644YUIAAHNlZ.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

#EtrurianScum

Well, I better either upgrade my Cecilia to 4 star lv. 40 or finish filling out Sharena's skill slots. I could also level up Clarisse, though... Choices choices....

I didn't pull on the current Echoes banners and Virion sucks imo. So it's between the three I mentioned above for me.

Edited by Anacybele

Season 24 (1.3.0 S10) Results:

Score: 4,828
Defense: 288

BBhkaVA.png

Same team as last week, but I couldn't quite match my previous score.Ā  Thankfully I didn't need to, and this week marks my first time making it to tier 20!Ā  I doubt I'll stay, but we'll see what the numbers look like.Ā  Just a couple quick notes on Julia (mine being +Spd/-Def) -- I found that the Hp Seal allows her to just barely tank a counterattack from Hector, and with her +Spd she doubles and one rounds him (Rare +Spd variants require a buff), a fact I used to great effect this season.

nBp08MO.png
e8ojJjn.png

Furthermore, I'm convinced that she is one of the better users of 4-charge specials like her default Dragon Fang.Ā  I considered replacing it with something quicker like Iceberg, but one round of EP combat against Reinhardt fully charges her up, allowing her to nuke nearly the entire cast out of orbit with her next attack, including units like Ike and Ryoma.Ā  Glacies would be even better, but I don't have one to spare.Ā  When I need her to bait Reinhardt, I specifically don't buff her Atk to help ensure she doesn't OHKO him. Ā 

Season 24 Hall of Fame:

Spoiler

12QaSaV.png

I've always thought that DC/CC was a superfluous skill for most units, and would be better served with something else in the A slot, but Lloyd seems to make good use of it.Ā  He becomes a great mage killer with his high Res, and QR lets him get the jump on some of the bulkier mages.

J1OXh8f.png

It was refreshing to see a B!Cordelia without the Brave Bow, but this was just as annoying to deal with.Ā 

YtUnGuy.png

DaUYvs8.png

L7BePbv.png

Ran into these jerks on the lava map paired with a standard Reinhardt.Ā  Cecilia is so scary, and I lost the battle when I neglected to calculate whether or not Julia could survive a Hone-boosted Gronnblade, just assuming she would.Ā  She didn't.

9EyEyzT.png

Eliwood's a cool guy with some not so cool art.Ā  Someday I'll 5* my own.

Previous Season Results:

Ā 

Score: 4846 (Rank ~2200; Rank required to stay in Tier 20 is 2000)

Defense: 582 (13 Successful Defenses)

Tier: 20 --> 19

Total Earnings: 5400 Feathers + 4 Orbs

Offense / Defense Team: Fae+2, Eldigan+1, Peri, Ursula

Decided to run Panic Ploy on Fae just to experiment with it. Ā Even at -HP, she can still debuff quite a few units (though it was still kinda sad seeing a debuffed Ryoma running around with 40 spd). Ā I also had a bit of a difficult time finding high scoring fights this week and decided that it wasn't worth spending the extra crests. Ā Back to Tier 19 I go.

Edited by Kalibur

I'm headed back to Tier 20 tomorrow.Ā  I wonder if it will ever reach the point where I can stay in Tier 20.

I'm starting with a team of Titania, Cecilia, Ursula, Xander.Ā  I might experiment a bit with Mathilda in there.Ā  Do melee units give a higher score than ranged?

2,500 feathers for 4,746 offence points;
Ā Ā  Ā  Ā Ā 0 feathers for 0 defence points;
1,800 feathers and 4 orbs for promoting to tier 18.

4,300 feathers and 4 orbs total. Couldā€™ve been better!

Yay, I actually stayed in Tier 20 last season! Ā Barely made it with my score of 4860. Ā :]

I got my deathless streak in for this season. Ā Offense score of 4874, no fishing!Ā  I bumped up my score a bit by giving a couple characters some skills that are worth more points. Ā Gray also happens to be +1 as well.

Team: Reinhardt +2, Hector +1, Olivia +1, and Gray +1.

I really hate the map with the two teams facing each other with defense tiles/breakable walls in the middle.

Ā 

So I now have enough feathers to promote Xander, who would be the final part of my cavalry team. The one problem:

After sniping green and blue orbs for a while, I still don't have any spare Gunters and Jeigans to give them cavalry buffs, which would make running horse emblem pretty pointless...

And they decide to make Cecilia a bonus unit this week. Thanks for rubbing salt in my wounds IS!

anyhow, I don't feel I'll be able to stay in tier 20 this week, but I'll give it a shot I guess. I need to use those dueling crests at some point.

Decided to blow a few dueling crests since I've got over 70 now...yeesh. I made it back to Tier 20 this season which was a pleasant surprise. I guess I'm just going to float between 19 and 20 from now on unless I just don't have a bonus unit.Ā 

My current deathless score is 4822 using Hector, Reinhardt+1, Xander, and Cecilia+1. I think I'll trade out Rein for my Nowi+1 to see if she'll raise my score any even though Cecilia appreciates the extra speed from his Goad...Ā 

18 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

After sniping green and blue orbs for a while, I still don't have any spare Gunters and Jeigans to give them cavalry buffs, which would make running horse emblem pretty pointless...

I feel you so much. Where my Jagens at. I need at least two more copies of Fort Cav to pass around!

I got 4814Ā in arena

BUT

MY STREAK WAS RUINED THREE TIMES

THE FIRST TWO TIMES WAS BECAUSE OF REINHARDT AND DANCER ON THE SECOND TO LAST MATCH

I WASTED SO MANY CRESTS UGHHHHH

some matches were interesting though: all armors, all dragons, one unit+three hectors

those were easy :PPP

2 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Dear Naga I hate this map set.

Ā 

The worst is when there are breakable blocks and you're on the left side with the enemy on the right. Ā The problem is compounded when the enemy team has a REINHARDT and a dancer

UGHHHHHH

3 hours ago, Catria! said:

The worst is when there are breakable blocks and you're on the left side with the enemy on the right. Ā The problem is compounded when the enemy team has a REINHARDT and a dancer

UGHHHHHH

Just walk Fae up out of reach of everyone else and suddenly there is no longer a Reinhardt.