Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

8 minutes ago, salinea said:

No defense wins two weeks in a row :( i obviously need a better defense strategy.

Hm... Do you have a blade cavalry defense team? Maybe you can try lowballing your score by maxing out your three ponies and put just enough skills on your bonus unit so the opponents they face are in the 450 to 470 range.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

If you can reliably jump between those tiers, you don't need them, sure. But if you're not guranteed to have a 5* bonus unit every season (and apart from whaling on every banner or having promoted at least half of the free units I don't see another way to ensure this) they will certainly help your consistency.

The nicest part of promoting Askr is really that it kinda allows you to save up

I mean sure you only get return investment after like a year, but in practice its more like every 2 rotation you need to spend 20k to upgrade 1 thing, instead of promoting whatever you want at that period

1 minute ago, JSND said:

The nicest part of promoting Askr is really that it kinda allows you to save up

I mean sure you only get return investment after like a year, but in practice its more like every 2 rotation you need to spend 20k to upgrade 1 thing, instead of promoting whatever you want at that period

Nothing forces you to promote a unit for the arena though. I used to always use a GHB unit at 4* before I promoted the Askr trio and that still gets you a decent score. Not high enough to reach tier 19 I think, but still decently.

It pays back in the long term, but it'd take close to a year to get there. Still, the Askr trio is often required for quests, and it really helped me that Sharena was a bonus unit in the last Tempest Trials. Having insurance is nice.

Deathless score of 4754 in Tier 18, Rank 12,513 (15,068 and up go up to Tier 19)

... What are the odds that I stay in the cutoff to go up to Tier 19?

12 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

I used to always use a GHB unit at 4* before I promoted the Askr trio and that still gets you a decent score. Not high enough to reach tier 19 I think, but still decently.

Not 100% sure but 4* Zephiel and Legion should be enough to reach Tier 19. Possibly also Michalis and maaaaaybe even Camus.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Hm... Do you have a blade cavalry defense team? Maybe you can try lowballing your score by maxing out your three ponies and put just enough skills on your bonus unit so the opponents they face are in the 450 to 470 range.

Pony team still not ready. Camus is good to go, but only Cecilia is 5* and she doesn't have the rest of her skills (although she's +att; not +speed which I hear is not ideal for blade). My only 5* red pony is Leo and I have only one Tharja so i'm not giving him a blade tome yet. I have only two Gunters to use as Hone cavalry fodder so i'm not spending until i know exactly where i'm going with the pony team. Never pulled a Rein.

It's still a WIP.

2 hours ago, salinea said:

Pony team still not ready. Camus is good to go, but only Cecilia is 5* and she doesn't have the rest of her skills (although she's +att; not +speed which I hear is not ideal for blade). My only 5* red pony is Leo and I have only one Tharja so i'm not giving him a blade tome yet. I have only two Gunters to use as Hone cavalry fodder so i'm not spending until i know exactly where i'm going with the pony team. Never pulled a Rein.

It's still a WIP.

Maybe a WIP is all you need to get a score of 450+. You do not need to max it out.

Tier 20 score of 4900 (no deaths; no surrenders; Nowi +4, Eirika 5*, Sharena 5*, Nino +6; 698, 706, 696, 698, 698, 704, 700):

• Jul 28, 1:30AM PT - #1307 (/2578 to stay)
  • Jul 29, 6:55PM PT - #1673 (/2634 to stay)
  • Jul 30, 4:15PM PT - #1813 (/2653 to stay)
  • Jul 31, 3:00PM PT - #1969 (/2667 to stay)

Stark difference here for 14 points. That is, last week, 4886 let me finish with about 100 ranks of buffer, but 4900 will put me at nearly 700 buffer.

No further defenses.

Edited by Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi

I saw a team like that too, but with Cecilia as the fourth wheel.

Anyway I finally broke into Tier 20 with a score of 4802 and three defense wins. Feels good man, but I know I'm doomed to drop right back into 19 with my low BST team unless I get a really generous bonus unit. Planning to build a new core in the future.

Season 26 (1.3.0 S12) Results:

Score: 4,822
Defense: 578

orwJi9J.png

Same exact team as last week.  I had planned to build up Gray, but between term papers, exams, and interview prep I got a bit lazy with the arena, and with Heroes in general.  Guess we'll see how Anna does next week.

Season 26 Hall of Fame:

Spoiler

fdtUUn0.png

Not on the Sakura-whale's level to be sure, but still pretty neat.  She was on a team with Ryoma and Takumi, with a summoner name of "Hinoka plz!".  God speed to you, my friend.

FzmetGa.png

Doesn't have the raw attack power of Cherche, but her balanced defenses and passable speed makes her pretty dangerous on defense, I think.

xDCS8db.png

I don't know about ditching a legendary weapon, especially one as good as Yato, but the +10 damage is pretty nice too.

DaGMXmE.png

This looks dumb, but would actually be really annoying if she was +Def or something.  Usually I'm pretty comfortable baiting Nino with Ike, confident he'll OHKO her back, but it's not quite a guarantee.  All it takes is one to be caught sleeping to be staring down a Vantage Nino who will always counter and potentially have big Gronnblade boosts.

Previous Season Results:

Back to Tier 20 with me.  I don't think it's reached the point where I'd be able to stay yet, so I guess I'll just take it easy and get my wins for whatever quests they have for August.  I have Berkut 4* at level 40, but he's kinda a waste of feathers to promote, even with Horse Emblem.  I guess I'll just run Summer Elise in Arena this week.

I should really get around to promoting Anna to 5* one of these days.

Robin returning huh? That's interesting.

I should probably promote Robin or Anna in my main sometime this week. 

Also somehow scraped by to a Tier 20 in my second account! Was really close to the cut off, that's one achievement done,

Still no defense wins for that but the extra 1000 feathers offset the lack of 900 for defense. Great to go back to 50k after I spent about 12k promoting 3 stars for skill inheritance- cant wait for more feathers in the gauntlet!

4 minutes ago, JSND said:

fuck this make me wish i had a built Hana

Hey time to promote H(Anna) rite

Oh you poor thing.

Best girl over here just got a + on her Brave Sword almost a week ago actually, but she still put in work even with 3 less Atk than normal. She's -Spd too but you can't have everything I guess. Like Saber

My feathers are going towards giving 4* +Spd Cecilia Gronnblade+ from Nino. With the next 20k feathers after that, I'll give her a bump to 5*.

I'm going to put off promoting Alfredo and RNG Goddess for as long as possible. Melee infantry man...

Edited by MrSmokestack

I blew a ton of feathers recently.  Leo, Summer Corrin, and Spring Camilla all got Blade Tomes this weekend.  Once I get a decent Red Flyer, my Flyer Emblem team will be complete.

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

Oh you poor thing.

Best girl over here just got a + on her Brave Sword almost a week ago actually, but she still put in work even with 3 less Atk than normal. She's -Spd too but you can't have everything I guess. Like Saber

My feathers are going towards giving 4* +Spd Cecilia Gronnblade from Nino. With the next 20k feathers after that, I'll give her a bump to 5*.

I'm going to put off promoting Alfredo and RNG Goddess for as long as possible. Melee infantry man...

What happened to the Neutral Hana?

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Oh you poor thing.

My feathers are going towards giving 4* +Spd Cecilia Gronnblade from Nino. With the next 20k feathers after that, I'll give her a bump to 5*.

not having full 5* line up bothers me for no reason

Next week or so would be hell since i plan to +1 Clive but thats supposed to coincide with Olivia. Oh well

Just now, Rezzy said:

What happened to the Neutral Hana?

I've had my 5* Hana long before the free one came along. And when she did come out, I ended up using her to give Bride Cordelia LaD 3...who is both on my arena team this week and has +Atk -Spd.

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I've had my 5* Hana long before the free one came along. And when she did come out, I ended up using her to give Bride Cordelia LaD 3...who is both on my arena team this week and has +Atk -Spd.

Hey, that's still faster than my B!Cordelia. (She's running DB-3 because I murdered Klein pulled a 4* +Atk/-Hp Klein that I couldn't bear to fodder, so I used my 5* instead.)

Edit: My arena units are so bloody unoptimized. I don't even have a single speed buff amongst my entire box of 5* units, lul.

Edited by DehNutCase

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

Careful, soon you'll be the -Spd version of Rezzy.

2 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Hey, that's still faster than my B!Cordelia. (She's running DB-3 because I murdered Klein pulled a 4* +Atk/-Hp Klein that I couldn't bear to fodder, so I used my 5* instead.)

The both of them being +Atk makes -Spd very, very forgivable. My Briceload already has max HM and SP, so clearly -3 Spd isn't stopping her from roflstomping the competition.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Careful, soon you'll be the -Spd version of Rezzy.

Nah. I've had my fair share of +Spd units, like best Cinnamon Roll and most recently my +1 Tharja. My favorite has to be +Spd -Atk Eldigan though. He reeks of potential, but he would need Distant Counter first before he can replace my Xander. His matchup spread is godlike with Ignis / QR / Quick Pulse.