Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

25 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Competition seems to be tougher this week.  I heard 4890 fell out of the cutoff to stay in Tier 20 like 24 hours ago.  I wonder if the cutoff will be higher than 4900 this week?  Rooough.  

[...]

I'm still in (7055th with a 4824 score).

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Arena team this week was Brave Roy+2, Reinhardt+1, Cecilia+1, and Brave Lyn+1. I ended up with possibly the lowest Arena score I've gotten in a while (4836) which is still enough to get me back into tier 20. I'm thinking about shifting around my teams for next week, but I'm not too sure. XD This team was pretty good to me, and they seem to counter most of the biggest threats pretty well. 

Same team was my defense team for the first day. I got three wins, and then switched to Matthew, Brave Roy+2, Ephraim+1, and Nino+1. This netted me three more defense wins over the course of the week. Maybe I'll try out my Raigh this week, and see how he goes. :3

Nothing different in Arena Assault. Score of 4854 (because I got much higher matches here than in the normal Arena for some reason...) That puts me in the top 5k. W00t.

Did a last minute run to try and move to Tier 20

Luckily for me, my team of Brave Ike, Hector, Xander and Reinhardt +1 managed to land me above the cutoff because 4801 wouldn't make it anymore.

Not bad considering both Brave Ike and Hector were -Atk, luckily all of my matches were 690 with one match at 694 thanks to armours.

4834 + 562 Defense score meant i was in rank 5196, which is safe from the 9488 cutoff

Edited by mcsilas

Back to Tier 20 for me next week with a score of 4854.  I got around a dozen Defense wins before loosing track.  I think I got at least 20, since the names I remember from the beginning of the week are gone now.

Arena Assault, I never did end up getting a deathless streak, so I just settled for 4733.  Seeing CYLyn every single map gets really annoying, and I'm still working on all my Lyn counters, so I didn't really put a ton of effort into doing a proper streak this week.  It's still good for rank 11,332, so I guess that's good enough.  If I actually knew what Sacred Coins were for, I might be more motivated to max my score.

Arena rewards put me from 16k feathers to 26k feathers. God bless the current feather rates. Between that, TT, other quests and the twitter event I've gotten enough to promote like 3 units recently, which is great.

I hope you guys have a cure for cancer players learn how great BH!Lyn and Reinhardt are as units next week

Spoiler

6eSrKfI.png

Edited by XRay

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

I hope you guys have a cure for cancer players learn how great BH!Lyn and Reinhardt are as units next week

Hide contents

6eSrKfI.png

... :sweatdrop:  

That's... uhhh... Disgusting.  

I really hope I never run into your team in Arena Assault. :lol: 

Good job, though.  That's terrifying!  Haha.

1 minute ago, Infinite Dreams said:

... :sweatdrop:  

That's... uhhh... Disgusting.  

I really hope I never run into your team in Arena Assault. :lol: 

Good job, though.  That's terrifying!  Haha.

It could have been much more terrifying educational if they allowed Supports on the AI team.

2,500 feathers for 4,826 offence points; 900 feathers for 578 defence points; 3,000 feathers and 4 orbs for promoting into tier 20; 1,700 feathers and 15 coins for assault rank 22,462.

8,100 feathers, 4 orbs, and 15 coins this week. Moreover, I’ve broken into tier 20 for the first time. Wonderful!

Season 32 (1.3.0 S18) Results:

Score: 4,820
Defense: 584

LIvMbfp.png

With Valter as the bonus hero, I have an excuse to run flier emblem again.  I’m glad I got this run done early on in the season, because the amount of B!Lyn I had to deal with the past few days has been nothing short of nauseating.  Even worse are the people who run both B!Lyn and Reinhardt, since I can’t at least bait and kill him on the enemy phase with this team, leaving me to somehow maneuver around both of them.

The Hector banners we’ve had graced me with one I could use for DC fodder.  I decided to give it to Caeda, and while I don’t regret that, I think Narcian could have made better use of it this week, to at least allow me to get rid of Rein on EP and only have to deal with B!Lyn afterwards.  I swear if they ever release an inheritable DC axe, it’ll first go to Narcian, and then on an Iote Shield, QR Michalis.  Hell, maybe even Narcian himself can run such a set better.

Another character that proved frustrating to deal with was B!Ike.  My only real check to him was Caeda, and she lacks the power to muscle through him if he’s baited.  She can sort of do it if she initiates, but otherwise… The sooner I can pull an Athena and give her a Wo Dao, the better.

Speaking from the perspective of a flier emblem user, fuck the CYL banner.

Arena Assault Season 5:

NYvujmU.png

Season 32 Hall of Fame:

Spoiler

txhzdBW.png

Legion’s Axe is kind of a weird choice, but it looks cool at least.  I think Sheena is still the only armor who is solid in both defense stats.  Amelia power-creeped her weapon, but she still has a lot of potential. 

Cj77Vkw.png

It’s been forever since I’ve seen young Tiki in the arena, and this guy went all out.  Steady Breath is such a good skill to fodder.

Previous Season Results:

Offense score of 5094 remains in T20, and combines with a 590 defense score to net the maximum arena reward.

Teams faced (streak):

Spoiler

JKJvdIi.png

Teams faced (other - fairly large image warning):

Spoiler

ASJAjdX.png

Payout feathers got me to over 20k, so I put another merge on Cherche; 4 more to go until Operation: Death From Above, Arena Edition is ready to roll (Caeda and Corrin have been ready for quite some time).

Edited by LordFrigid

I remember when i used to dread this Arena map rotation

59b7992f08afd_2017-09-1215_21_05.thumb.png.5b037ec8665d5cc904ded9510f5aabce.png

This is what happened when you breed a Male Eliwood with a Female Ninian with perfect IV and a non crippling nature

@Arcanite @MrSmokestack @SatsumaFSoysoy @GuiltyLove 

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

1 hour ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

I remember when i used to dread this Arena map rotation

59b7992f08afd_2017-09-1215_21_05.thumb.png.5b037ec8665d5cc904ded9510f5aabce.png

This is what happened when you breed a Male Eliwood with a Female Ninian with perfect IV and a non crippling nature

@Arcanite @MrSmokestack @SatsumaFSoysoy @GuiltyLove 

The only egg move he really gets to keep is Reposition, right? Desperation is already in his level-up ladder and his parents don't seem give him anything in particular other than stats.

30 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

The only egg move he really gets to keep is Reposition, right? Desperation is already in his level-up ladder and his parents don't seem give him anything in particular other than stats.

He does gets Draconian Move Again Engine as a HA from Ninian, and Ward Cavalry as an Egg move on top of that

Life and Death can be gotten from move relearner and at max happiness he can get Blazing Durandal from move tutor, but hatched Fire Emblemon starts with max happiness so he starts with it 

I just hit a score of 4820 with my first try. Any idea if i'm far away from staying in tier 20 with that score? 

~4840 should be possible for me, but i won't try if it doesn't suffice anyway. 

Edited by mampfoid

Holy hell. Merged my 3 Brave Ikes and my score went up a lot. But it's really hard to get a deathless in this score range. I'm facing a lot o teams with +10 units or a couple +5s. And there are some maps that are too hard to keep units in safe positions.

I've spent some crests but don't think I'll be trying to get a deathless anymore. I'll fall to tier 19, but could have stayed on 20 if I did a deathless run.

OH YEAH. I joined the 5000 club.

Added a merge to Ike, Brave Ike and Nowi, and finished filling in Brave Ike's skills and I got a score of 5008 which was more than enough to stay in Tier 20. AA was rank #9xx. 10,900 feathers per week is nice.

Team of +8 Nowi, +1 B!Ike, +2 Julia, +4 Ike

I have enough 4* Nowis and feathers to make her +10 but I have been holding off on it.