Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

4988 offense (T20) remains in T20, and combines with a defense score of 608 for max rewards.

I slacked on enemy team recording due to lack of motivation. I think I somehow managed to get burned out on the Flier team O.o . Hopefully I can turn that around going forward.

Speaking of, with Caeda running Guidance as part of her role as my lead for the Gauntlet, and me being too lazy to flip it to Goad and back when I need to do Arena battles, I’ll just use the trusty Celica/Tana/Julia comp this coming week. I’m definitely looking forward to all of the Guidance shenanigans.

After AA rewards I’ve got 55 Sacred Coins; I’m debating whether to upgrade a seal now or wait until VG round 2 quests and get Deflect Missile to Lv. 3...Decisions, decisions.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2,500 feathers for 4,796 offence points;
1,800 feathers and 4 orbs for demoting into tier 18;
1,400 feathers and 14 coins for assault rank 33,813 with ≈4,550 points.

5,700 feathers, 4 orbs, and 14 coins overall this week. Not too hot, could have been better. No defence wins is a pity.

Season 36 (1.3.0 S21) Results:

Score: 4,838
Defense: 578

iGEmmLQ.png

The Black Knight wasn’t a bonus unit this time around, but I really wanted to include him in an arena squad, so here we go.  He has an S support with Amelia thanks to all the Tempest grinding, turning him into even more of a powerhouse.  The two armors are backed up by Shigure and Julia to provide range and refresh support, as well as a Reinhardt bait.  Shigure being my sole blue unit this time around was kind of problematic, given how weak he is.  Little doubt this was exacerbated by the haphazard skill set I gave him, based on what I had readily available.  I have two Hinata left, but I’m a bit apprehensive on using one on a refresher that may not even see much use in the arena after this season…

Enemy BKs were really bothersome to deal with as a consequence, forcing me to carefully maneuver around their Black Lunas while charging up my own.  Early on I was thinking I should have used Hone Armor instead of Fortify, but the extra defense was quite helpful in baiting B!Lyn, among others. 

Also, fuck the Black Knight for ruining the star placement on my status sheets lmao.  Gonna have to think of somewhere else to put it.  Next to the HP maybe?

Arena Assault Season 9:

V27QWUS.png

Hall of Fame:

Spoiler

E9jX7BQ.png

(As of now) Full merge level on M!Marth.  I can respect it.

jIf2oe1.png

Pretty nice enemy-phase Tiki.  She seems surprisingly bulky against magic, although I would use QR instead of Cancel Affinity.

Previous Season Results:

Scored an all time high of 4,866 in arena assault. Opened with my full armor team and went from there. Had to use all 3 of my items on the final stage just to make it out deathless as it was Rein+B!Lyn+Inigo on the fucking bridge map.

Got my usual haul of feathers/orbs/seals for staying in Tier 20 and top 5k in AA last season.

Aw man, I'm really sucking at the arena tonight.  It's so hard with the ranged dancers now.  I also hate this set of maps.  :(:

I think I'll put it down for now and try again tomorrow night when the gauntlet quests reset.

Back to tier 19 we go! 

Right now I haven't completed a run due to bullshit errors on my part. Also I just learned that my 5* +Def Catria is unable to kill reds (damn you Xander!) so I decided to use my feathers to 5* a Sully and make Catria completely anti-swords, after all I have Hector with the new Deflect Magic seal to destroy Reinhardt and Bike to take care of any Lyn while Eirika tanks the green units I kind of want to use TA on her but DC is too good destroying Ninos and giving me a better score.

Already 4,940 Points. If there is something I'm bad in Arena mode it's the ship. 
Also decimated a Team with 2 Lyns, 1 Reinhardt and a Dancer. I don't know why some whales don't play Lyn with Firesweep Bow, at least if you use more of them.

I also feel the power of my upgraded seals. 

And I also have a Defense win. 

Edited by Stroud

14 minutes ago, Stroud said:

Already 4,940 Points. If there is something I'm bad in Arena mode it's the ship. 
Also decimated a Team with 2 Lyns, 1 Reinhardt and a Dancer. I don't know why some whales don't play Lyn with Firesweep Bow, at least if you use more of them.

I also feel the power of my upgraded seals. 

And I also have a Defense win. 

Because luckily Firesweep bow exists in colorless hell limbo. I mean its allready partially bad to deal with Saceas Blessing und luckily bulky some mages can deal with that (Boey) but If i had to deal with every Lyn running Firesweep bow i would go insane prolly. "Oh hey look i can attack you without getting countered by anyone, oh and btw enjoy your -7atk debuff so you cant maybe ORKO me on the next round, oh and did i mention my Team mates all run Drive RES/DEF" ¬.¬

Managed to get an all time highscore of 4894 in tier 20, that merge on the Black Knight was certainly worth it. Probably still not enough to stay, but I'm getting closer.

Full team:

Spoiler

Black Knight +1
Alondite
Pivot
Black Luna
Steady Stance
Vantage
Hone Attack

Reinhardt+1
Dire Thunder
Draw Back
Blazing Thunder
Death Blow
Lance Breaker
Hone Speed

Alphonse
Folkvangr
Reposition
Sol
DB
Axe Breaker
Spur Attack

Brave!Ike
Urvan
Reposition
Aether
Steady Breath
Beorc Blessing
Threaten Defence

I basicly swapped Ryoma and Hector out for B!Ike and BK. I'm still getting used to it, but the boost in points is certainly worth it.

2 hours ago, Hilda said:

Because luckily Firesweep bow exists in colorless hell limbo. I mean its allready partially bad to deal with Saceas Blessing und luckily bulky some mages can deal with that (Boey) but If i had to deal with every Lyn running Firesweep bow i would go insane prolly. "Oh hey look i can attack you without getting countered by anyone, oh and btw enjoy your -7atk debuff so you cant maybe ORKO me on the next round, oh and did i mention my Team mates all run Drive RES/DEF" ¬.¬

So it is time to truly appreciate the colorless hell. I will fear the day they unleash a firesweep banner. 
Unless they give us something to deal with it. D=

Surprisingly I already got my first defense win (584) with my regular Arena team (Elincia, PA!Azura, BK, BH!Lucina). I forgot to set back my nominal defense team (PA!Azura, Reinhardt, BH!Lyn, Azura) which I usually have until the first win of the week. 

Hopefully this week I can finally make it into tier 20. I've been switching between 18 and 19 for a very long time now. I got a score of 4,836. Using a team of Ike, Azura, Cecilia and Clarisse. Ike was definitely the best unit of them as he killed every single red and green unit that I fought. Cecilia was built as a brave Lyn/ Reinhardt counter with triangle adept raven build with bow breaker not necessarily the best build but she does her job. Clarisse was the filler unit but she made for good chip damage and had hardy bearing to end off any vantage users. Azura was there just for typical dancer stuff. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20171010-163016.thumb.png.186aabe2e66d9be7571d6847b2ba48c4.png

My arena score.

Screenshot_20171010-170231.thumb.png.debb0ec5d26bbb448dfb02b9c20b9305.png

The Ike that I used to carry me through The run.

Also I've been noticing a distinct lack of Ryoma for the past while. Most sword users are either the black knight or Ike for general use and Xander for horse emblem. Has anyone else noticed this?

11 minutes ago, predator_21476 said:

Also I've been noticing a distinct lack of Ryoma for the past while. Most sword users are either the black knight or Ike for general use and Xander for horse emblem. Has anyone else noticed this?

Nope.  I just encountered one in a pretty wild battle.  It's just RNG, I guess.

31 minutes ago, predator_21476 said:

Hopefully this week I can finally make it into tier 20. I've been switching between 18 and 19 for a very long time now. I got a score of 4,836. Using a team of Ike, Azura, Cecilia and Clarisse. Ike was definitely the best unit of them as he killed every single red and green unit that I fought. Cecilia was built as a brave Lyn/ Reinhardt counter with triangle adept raven build with bow breaker not necessarily the best build but she does her job. Clarisse was the filler unit but she made for good chip damage and had hardy bearing to end off any vantage users. Azura was there just for typical dancer stuff. 

Hide contents

Screenshot_20171010-163016.thumb.png.186aabe2e66d9be7571d6847b2ba48c4.png

My arena score.

Screenshot_20171010-170231.thumb.png.debb0ec5d26bbb448dfb02b9c20b9305.png

The Ike that I used to carry me through The run.

I am encountering quite alot of +10 Ryomas in Tier 20, which usually isnt a problem ecxept... they run Triangle Advantage which makes them very delicate to deal with my Green Team, some of them even run wings of mercy so i have to watch out that i really kill the oponents i attack or when i get attacked that noone stands besides my attacked unit so they wont eat WoM Ryoma into their face.

6 minutes ago, Hilda said:

I am encountering quite alot of +10 Ryomas in Tier 20, which usually isnt a problem ecxept... they run Triangle Advantage which makes them very delicate to deal with my Green Team, some of them even run wings of mercy so i have to watch out that i really kill the oponents i attack or when i get attacked that noone stands besides my attacked unit so they wont eat WoM Ryoma into their face.

I guess it's just my RNG then because I almost never see him around anymore and I wasn't really sure why because he's still arguably the best sword user in the game. I was wondering if the meta had shifted away from them that much since brave Lyn showed up in the meta. But clearly it hasn't yet at least.

Edited by predator_21476

12 minutes ago, predator_21476 said:

I guess it's just my RNG then because I almost never see him around anymore and I wasn't really sure why because he's still arguably the best sword user in the game. I was wondering if the meta had shifted away from them that much since brave Lyn showed up in the meta. But clearly it hasn't yet at least.

dont get me wrong i clearly see alot of Brave Lyns, but at least 1 of the 7 matches has a Ryoma in it. I mean he isnt that prominent anymore as before, i encounter way more Ikes thats true, but its not like he vanished.

i also  want ot note i Encountered a 5*+10 Fir... and I had the toughest time dealing with her. My Boye was unable to nuke her due to her high Resistance and B!Ike needed like 5 rounds to kill her because of her Aether constantly kicking in

Fir + Wo Dao+ Distant Counter + Aether + Wrath 3 = fucking nightmare ¬.¬ that girl is no joke, ok a blue unit could take her out easy tough.

6 minutes ago, Hilda said:

dont get me wrong i clearly see alot of Brave Lyns, but at least 1 of the 7 matches has a Ryoma in it. I mean he isnt that prominent anymore as before, i encounter way more Ikes thats true, but its not like he vanished.

i also  want ot note i Encountered a 5*+10 Fir... and I had the toughest time dealing with her. My Boye was unable to nuke her due to her high Resistance and B!Ike needed like 5 rounds to kill her because of her Aether constantly kicking in

Fir + Wo Dao+ Distant Counter + Aether + Wrath 3 = fucking nightmare ¬.¬ that girl is no joke, ok a blue unit could take her out easy tough.

Stuff like this is why I actually run sword breaker on Ike instead of quick riposte. Most sword users are incredibly fast and because of that tend to not run sword breaker. It Sucks when they do because I typically run Azura as my only blue unit.

Edited by predator_21476

5 minutes ago, predator_21476 said:

Stuff like this is why I actually run sword breaker on Ike instead of quick riposte. Most sword users and incredibly fast and because of that tend to not run sword breaker. It Sucks when they do because I typically run Azura as my only blue unit.

well i cant really run Sword Breaker on my Green units and Azama cant nuke for shit so Sword Breaker wouldnt help there either lol

4 minutes ago, predator_21476 said:

What do you usually run for arena teams? Is it green only teams?

yeah its almost green only currently i run Boey (Green) B!Ike (Green) Nohr!Azura (Green) and Azama (Colorless), before i ran Sonya instead of Boey with a different buff mechanics (infantery pulse), now its a heavy defensiv approach.

1 minute ago, Hilda said:

yeah its almost green only currently i run Boey (Green) B!Ike (Green) Nohr!Azura (Green) and Azama (Colorless), before i ran Sonya instead of Boey with a different buff mechanics (infantery pulse), now its a heavy defensiv approach.

Yeah that would definitely make some of those red units harder to deal with. Not sure if i could ever run a mono colour team good on you though for doing it. Seems like it could make a really interesting challenge. 

I just pulled off a near deathless run with my first ever Flier Emblem team - lost one unit on two or three maps during the spree.  First time I've gotten a score this high without a bonus character, too!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-Q7mFwjshOEZk1pcTc2eGlKYWM/view?usp=drivesdk[/img]

Screenshot_2017-10-10-13-06-18.png

Edited by Selena4Lyfe

12 minutes ago, predator_21476 said:

Yeah that would definitely make some of those red units harder to deal with. Not sure if i could ever run a mono colour team good on you though for doing it. Seems like it could make a really interesting challenge. 

Its actually quite easy, because usually there is only 1 red color unit in the oposing team and if its not running Triangle Adept it will die. My Team is heavily defensiv based with Rally DEF/RES Inherited from Rodderick, Spur DEF/RES from Mist and of course Azura with her legendary Weapon, also Boey with his Gronnowl. When you clump them alltogether they get hefty amounts of DEF and RES, i mean Boey alone can get with the right setup 20 RES and 20 DEF (and additional 4 DEF and 4 RES from Distant Def Seal) additionally on top of everything else. I mean he sits then on 59 DEF and like 40ish RES, try to beat someone like that down even with a Red unit lol, especially when there is a healer behind backing them up to full health.

The only Red unit i really need to watch out are Royma and Ike, Especially Ryoma, Ike if he is running Triangle Adept, Ryoma is a threat even without Triangle adept. Black Knight could be an issue, but since there is only a limit of +1 merge of Black Knight he isnt an issue for now. Funny part is this Team also works on my Defense wins and netted my 4 wins allready for 616 points per win.

Edited by Hilda