Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

I trying to think of who to bring for this season. Julia and Arvis are confirmed members. If I get one of the Halloween units, the team will change. But I'm trying to think of who to use for the last two slots. Might just go Sigurd and Roderick.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright back to tier 20. With this week feathers I have 25k right now but I'm not really feeling like promoting anyone so I'll save them until someone appears (or I get enough Hinatas to make full builds.)

For the next season I'm going to use Arvis while I try to summon Nekura or get a pity breaker Jakob. Thankfully this is my down week so I don't have to worry about my score.

On Arena Assault I got in the top 5k again. I'm glad I can consistently get there without too much trouble. Next week I'll be able to max the Fortify res seal for Eirika and then have 3 full Sacred Seals. The 4th one will be either Panic Ploy or Deflect Missile depending on how much the meta changes in the next few weeks.

Score of 5084 (T20) remains in T20, combining with a Def score of 618 for max rewards.

Teams faced (streak):

Spoiler

RK9mUwk.png

Teams faced (other):

Spoiler

inyzQAa.png

And with that, Celica, Tana, Julia, and Sharena retire for (probably) the next four weeks. Now, it's time for two weeks of Eirika, Nino, Azura, and Anna. I might deck out a Fae and use Eirika, Fae, and Caeda (Talys' Bride) for some of the matches, I'm still undecided.

That Arena season is done with. Thank goodness. My game has been really off lately. Got pushed out of the top 5k on AA, but at least I got my streak. Got back into tier 20. Swimming yet again in feathers and whatnot. I actually have 187 Sacred Coins now, but I don't know what I want to upgrade. At the moment, I have Panic Ploy and Deflect Magic. I might invest in Brash Assault or ATK Smoke....but Phantom SPD is also tempting because I really want to make a Watersweep Build.... But the +3 seals also seem very practical.

I may use this season to experiment a little with my team composition. Merric's going to be the star of the show naturally. I got really luck that he's a bonus unit. I was really worried I was going to have to promote someone else. I'll probably keep around PA!Azura since her buffs are just sooo convenient. And Nowi is really useful as well. My Brave Roy may make a return. He may actually really like having that Brash Assault seal... Hmmmm....He also has maxed out HM...so maybe I'll give Alm a chance. He's a +2 merge, and with Fury, he has 34 SPD...that's 37 if he has a buff from Azura...which makes that 47 with Phantom SPD and Windsweep. That's actually pretty tempting.....

Finally, one of the last teams I faced in AA, had a +10 5* Raigh. I was way too giddy about that. The rest of the team was Jaffar, Nino, and Sharena. I see what you did there. Good move. I love thematic teams.

Season 39 (1.3.0 S24) Results:

Score: 4,830
Defense: 582

FJY3kcQ.png

I was fortunate enough to pull Tailtiu just in time for the Tempest last week, and I decided to put her to use in the arena as well.  Blade tome teams are pretty reliable, and this one was no exception, unless I was fighting horse emblem on that bridge map with the four defense tiles in the center.  Eirika is hardly an ideal user of Panic Ploy with only 39 Hp, but she had it equipped mostly for points.

Arena Assault:

hF17gFV.png

Hall of Fame:

Spoiler

MOpuyvf.png

A pretty wild Hawkeye.  Even with Def ploy he needs some help to one round pretty much any Reinhardt with that Spd…

y2adeJ2.png

And I can’t even pull one of this guy.

IeceQlG.png

I can always appreciate the dedication to continue merging characters who’ve never been on a banner before.  

Previous Season Results:

6800 feathers, 24 coins, 4 orbs this week.

Running my awesome Steady Breath - QR3 - Ignis Sharena was a pleasure. Now the girl needs some well-deserved rest. Arvis it is for me, then!

Edited by Vaximillian

Annnnnd, I'm done.  :]  

I had 1 death again in Arena Assault, but I should be able to stay in the top 5k anyway, soooo, good enough!

Arena: 4966 

Olivia +2
Brave Ike +3
Reinhardt +5
Anna

Arena Assault: 4915 (1 death)

Spoiler

nQ4rpBmh.png

That team was my first AA fight.  I approve!  Laslow and Inigo were both +10.  Jealous.

Edited by Infinite Dreams

For everybody who runs Arvis as bonus unit: Hardy bearing 1 seal is useful on him, since it's easy for him to meet the full HP requirement (recover ring). No problem anymore if Hector, Xander or BK arrive in Vantage range. 

Being 100% F2P I just made it to tier 20 for the first time! Hurray, felt the need to share/brag lol.

Team was: Valter, Narcian, Sigurd and Deirdre.

Replacing Narcian with Arvis for the next season since I lack a bonus unit otherwise, but Im fine getting 4000 points and going back to tier 19. those few extra feathers for staying in 20 arent that exciting.

Decided to be a little crazy and try Phantom SPD 3!Windsweep Alm. It's a super fun build to play with. Absolutely no regrets here. Sure he's not as mobile as Brave Roy, but he's very useful against dragons. I've been seeing a lot of them recently. I wasted a few crests taking Alm for a test run. Got a seven streak with one death for a score of 4857. I still have the rest of the week to try for a deathless streak too. For AA, I decided to do my run early instead of waiting until the last day this time around. It was a bit trickier, but I got a score of 4938. Now I can chill for the rest of the week and just play for quests.

I got 4968 Points on this Season in the Arena.

This time was a little more difficult. I admit that my team has some problems in this point range.
I got to merge more Gwendolyns as fast as possible so I can use other characters.
If they should release Aversa in the future I would be happy to use her with Guidance. Otherwise I'm thinking about building a nice Palla for more flexibility. I don't want to end up in general emblem only.  

12 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Woah how'd you get an unreleased unit

I'm asking the same question about the unreleased Valter you all got.

Edited by Stroud

To let off some steam, I made a team of Sharena, Arvis, Ninian, and Soren and went into the arena again. The score dropped even more (thanks Soren!), but I love how great Sharena is with Arvis’ debuff support.

She just tanked and counterkilled Sigurd, Camus, and regular Ike in a row.

I love Sharena.

So I replaced Soren with CYL Ike and expectedly started getting much higher score and almost no horses.

Then on battle 7 I miscalculate and let enemy Nino double and QP-Moonbow Arvis. I was so angry.

Then I fished for 690+ teams and got one 692:

3ImNEne.png

Spent about twenty crests today. Damn I need to have some rest.

Naga bless Princess Sharena, our star and saviour.

Meanwhile, my horses+Arvis team already brought me a defence win! Fuck you, fake Shigure, for being a dancer, you deserve it.

lu3YaCz.jpg

@Vaximillian I'm at 4878, hope it's enough to return to tier 20 this week. My score suffered from switching out BK for Arvis (DC Sigurd could stay). Fights we're easier, but I ruined some streaks stupidly forgetting some things:

Enemy Ninian is a dancer 
Sigurd can't be Repositioned into forest 
Lancinas Geirskögul buffs don't apply to Arvis
Always check for swordbreaker on Reinhardt

3 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Decided to be a little crazy and try Phantom SPD 3!Windsweep Alm. It's a super fun build to play with. Absolutely no regrets here. Sure he's not as mobile as Brave Roy, but he's very useful against dragons. I've been seeing a lot of them recently. I wasted a few crests taking Alm for a test run. Got a seven streak with one death for a score of 4857. I still have the rest of the week to try for a deathless streak too. For AA, I decided to do my run early instead of waiting until the last day this time around. It was a bit trickier, but I got a score of 4938. Now I can chill for the rest of the week and just play for quests.

Would like to give the same threatment to my Alm, but that would be a level 3 seal for just one character. Brash Assault on the other hand helps as many units as I can give desperation to. 

Edited by mampfoid

@Vaximillian 

@MrSmokestack @GuiltyLove

I don't have a def win but

x9C8qkZ.png

This is amazing

I even fought a 702 team*

This was base 694. 

4 698s

2 696s

And a 702

I am not sure if I can reach 704, but it is usually a 10 point score range. So it could/should be 694-704/2

Lancina with lance breaker is crazy btw. she fought an Ike one on one, killed him the turn after through a vantage hit, ate a hit from Sigurd and OHKO'd with Aether. Aether healed her up enough for lance breaker to kill a Tana on initiation.

not to mention her +3 Atk/Spd buff making Fury Anna a psychopath. Wings of mercy Olivia put in work too*

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Disqualified automatically for using scummy skills. Shame! Shame! Shame!

Once you can score as high as I do, you can shame me

It's more for points than for tactics, if that is any comfort. It's why my Azura has escape route, even though she never uses it

7 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

It's more for points than for tactics, if that is any comfort. It's why my Azura has escape route, even though she never uses it

Escape Route is fine, Wings of Mercy is pure scum.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Escape Route is fine, Wings of Mercy is pure scum.

so it's scum because it's better?

If it helps, the Wings of Mercy on Olivia was from BK too. I only pulled a Cain like 4 days ago LOL It was my first

Warping around the map is amazing~ You should try it yourself