Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

R. Aria? Raria? Rafiel's A? Raf. Aria?

Well at least you have Joshua in common!

Also, woo personal best of 4890 score in Arena. I mean too bad it's just to go to Tier 19 but still a good feeling.

Especially since my armours + Alfonse survived Dorcas and Brave Lyn in the bridge map with the square tiles. Somehow. When all my armours were spread out.

Also met a peculiar All Axe team:

tumblr_p02vguWDIe1qcrdmuo1_540.png

Of note is Arthur+6 being +Res and having Iceberg.

I considered Rafaria, but it kind of reminded me of Rastafarian. XD I kinda' like Raria though I wonder if that's fairly common as well. It kind of sounds like it might be.

Also, that axe team is glorious. I kind of live for teams like that. They're a thing of beauty.

1 hour ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Rafiel's Aria is one character shy of fitting, and I can't justify Rafiels Aria. *shudders*

"Rafiel'sAria".

Or "ラフィエルのアリア" or "ラフィエルズアリア" or "ラフィエルズ・アリア".

Score report time:

• Tier 20 score of 5004 (Nino +7 with Aether and Attack Ploy 3 Seal, Nowi +10 with Distant Defense 3 Seal, Eirika +1 with Fortify Res 3 Seal, Alfonse 5*) - #2018 (/4917 to stay)
  • Arena Assault score of 5014 (Nino +7 with Aether and Attack Ploy 3 Seal, Nowi +10 with Distant Defense 3 Seal, Eirika +1 with Fortify Res 3 Seal, Sheena +1 with Growing Wind and Panic Ploy 3 Seal) - #1557

No defense win for the first time in forever, despite my team almost always being good for at least 1-2 on the bad rotations. I'd be more annoyed if I actually needed the feathers for something. As is, my huge stockpile is still going unused because the gacha insists on starving me out on extra unit copies (because more copies of a 3-4* is apparently too much to ask). At this point, if I had 11 copies of anything, I could +10 it.

Season 43 (1.3.0 S28) Results:

Score: 4,914
Defense: 582

lgOlJtM.png

No changes to the core this week.

It's Alfonse time this rotation, and I've made a couple changes to mine since I've used him last.  He has Growing Light for points, and Axebreaker instead of the rather useless Brash Assault to give him a more reliable matchup against Hector, B!Ike, etc, since Caeda has trouble if she has to fight more than one physical green per match.  I'm hoping to pull a Hector from tomorrow's banner for Narcian, and I'm looking forward to seeing what changes the weapon forge will bring.

Arena Assault:

5DYDzty.png

Hall of Fame:

Spoiler

THFjZyb.png

sHL0Cxy.png

Even with Ayra and Mia as the new premier sword infantry, I still like seeing good boys like these.

kyYiHwu.png

Raven is someone I'd like to build someday, and seeing builds like this is inspiring.  The addition of a Firesweep Axe will make him and other speedy axes even more fun.

Previous Season Results:

11 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

"Rafiel'sAria".

Or "ラフィエルのアリア" or "ラフィエルズアリア" or "ラフィエルズ・アリア".

XD I suppose the first one's an option, but there's something about an apostrophe in the middle of a word (or a hashtag) that really bothers me. I'd totally use the katakana, but the people I know irl don't play, and the majority of the people I know on the internet don't understand Japanese. 

Dunno' my Arena results yet. Still waiting on maintenance. Had to take a sick day, so the wait is particularly painfully long. 

Offense score of 5006 (T20) remains in T20, combining with a defense score of 590 for max rewards.

Teams faced (streak):

Spoiler

joZnDdD.png

Teams faced (other - warning: I was a little Arena-happy at the start of this season, so it's a pretty large image):

Spoiler

f0iyvWw.png

With Alfonse back in the bonus rotation, I got to break out my Flier core again! I decided to try running Caeda's Wo Dao/DC set for a change of pace, and came to the conclusion that Defense tiles are funny:

Spoiler

GClOk6j.gif

If the necessary resources for the Weapon Refinery aren't too hard to come by, I will probably get to play around with a refined Sealife Tome+ next season, so that'll be interesting. I might look into a refined Wo Dao, but I've got a pretty strong sentimental attachment to the Brave set.

Earlier today, I went all in and got a new high score of 4,954! This was achieved with Tiki +5, Cecilia 4*+10, Mia, and BK for the first 6 matches, and then I swapped out BK for Reinhardt for the final match. The result?

Spoiler

FN3r4Ow.jpg

XU6TRBD.jpg

There it is! I managed to stay in Tier 20! What a way to close out Book I! I think I've done quite well for a F2P player!

Yay!  I just got my highest ever regular Arena score!  I didn't fish at all.  My Laslow just ate an Ike for Aether, so I think that helped my score a bit. :XD:

kIheKUul.png

Team: Laslow +10, Reinhardt +6, Inigo +4, and Lute +1.

Too lazy to do AA tonight.  It can wait.

Edited by Infinite Dreams

Got a new all time Arena Highscore: 4900

In comparison to my yesterdays AA run, I met few Reinhardts and BH!Lyns. BH!Roy boosted my stats a little, but I didn't go fishing for higher match-ups. He also had an interesting encounter with BH!Ike: BH!Roy got Hone CAV by Ursula and then got paniced by opposing BH!Ike, who got one-rounded regardless.

Met a Fjorm+1, or better: Fjorm+1 met my Cherche.  

HOLY SHIT.

They finally removed the 1~100 tier in Arena Assault, which I think now moves all of the rewards up one tier (since 1~1000 now has the same rewards as the old 1~100).

Now I no longer have to worry about a single 744-point opponent ruining my rewards (though I guess I'll still aim for 1st).

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

HOLY SHIT.

They finally removed the 1~100 tier in Arena Assault, which I think now moves all of the rewards up one tier (since 1~1000 now has the same rewards as the old 1~100).

Now I no longer have to worry about a single 744-point opponent ruining my rewards (though I guess I'll still aim for 1st).

Yeah, they enlarged the second tier from 101~1000 to 1001~3000, which I would have missed by ~20 ranks last season.

Arena feels like hell to me today and I'm really struggling to not lose anyone. I was wiped out completely by a Clarine with her new enhanced weapon skills (I probably screwed up with something, but it still felt pretty bad) and I just can't get a deathless streak with Alfonse on my team. So I switched out to Horse Emblem with Ursula which makes it piece of cake, but also hurts my score quite a bit. In the end I got 4826 points and I'm not sure if this will be enough to get into Tier 20 again. On the other hand thanks to Arena Medals there is finally a point in using all those crests I saved over the past few months.

Now off to fight myself through AA before I lose my motivation.

this was the easiest deathless Arena run ever with Alfonse Sigurd BIke and my +10 Azama... omg

Pain+ +C skill Savage Blow + Savage Blow Seal fully upgraded = 24 Aoe Dmg. i just had to attack with Azama once and let the others finish the rest off lol

Also Martyr+ is fucking godsend against Distant Counter weapons because it heals Azama too lol. no Serve to Live needed and it heals for 16 HP without any dmg taken

Azama fucking OP

5094 Points and rank 174

Edited by Hilda

I found that many Fire Emblem characters who lost to me are having an identity crisis.  @Arcanite @MrSmokestack @Vaximillian @SatsumaFSoysoy @Infinite Dreams

lRLiISX.png?1

Sadly, none of my core team actually have weapons that I can upgrade, so this might hurt me a bit.

Curious how healers fare as far as points go now.  They were pretty damned low before, but they all just got an upgraded Weapon and an upgraded Assist skill.  Hoping my +Atk Bride Lyn can finally get some non-meme use.

11 minutes ago, GinRei said:

Curious how healers fare as far as points go now.  They were pretty damned low before, but they all just got an upgraded Weapon and an upgraded Assist skill.  Hoping my +Atk Bride Lyn can finally get some non-meme use.

The upgraded weapons and assist skills are worth 300 SP, which puts staff users on par with other units of their class (ranged infantry/cavalry).