Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

33 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

It reminds me: where are the news?
The next bunch of bonus heroes have been announced a while ago:

It’s Fjorm, Shiro, Siegbert, Soleil, Michalis, Ayra, Ephraim, Donnel, Olivia, and Sharena.

they gave us a Roadmap. Tomorrow Voting Gauntlet starts and after that Berkut Rerun and after that BHB Rerun etc.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

Wait a sec, isn't that PA!Olivia instead of the regular one? :O

No, it is a regular Olivia. She and Donnel are free hero battle units.

@Hilda: What you have quoted has nothing to do with what you have posted.

Edited by Vaximillian

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

I'm not sure about that. In that range with few points you already make considerable leaps in ranks. I don't have merge potential currently to make another leap anyway. Even if I'm close, top 3k in AA seems out of reach for me. 

you are probably right. Based on my observation there is a 12 points matchmaking gap. That accounts for a gap of 84 points - which can have quite an impact on ranking

8 hours ago, Hilda said:

i laugh at H!Henry because Boey with Gronnowl does a much better job with higher movement and 3 allies besides him running Spur Spd/def or spur def/res nothing beats 15 additional SPD&DEF or 15 additional DEF&RES (not to mention the 2 other stats getting raised by 6).

Besides my Clair just took 2 H!Henrys in an Armor Emblem (with 2 Jakobs) to the face and took like 21 dmg from their nukes with them being fully armor buffed. It pays to have 54 RES. She also just took a fully buffed Flyer Litrblade Corrin to the face. Its like the perfect Mage counter, she only has to watch out against Life and Death Nino that can outspeed and double her with full buffs (1 hit alone from a fully buffed Gronnbalde Nino doesnt kill her, but the 2. attack does ._.). And yes she runs Distant Counter. If only Regnal Astra was inheritable she would be such a dominant force ._., instead i have to run a 3 cooldown Iceberg -_-

Besides if it were a Dark Excalibur Close Counter Merric with moonbow or glimmer Xander would most likely be dead

You are saying very conflicting things about H!Henry when comparing him with the other mages. If one gives him Gronnowl, he will have enough speed to double your clair and more than enough ATK to kill her thanks to Spur Armour giving ATK and SPD. With Armor March, he has better movement than Boey as he has no reduction from Forest tiles. H!Henry has 7 more SPD and 4 more ATK then Boey so with just 2 Spur Armor he is more dangerous than the 3x Spur SPD set up Boey in your example.

You say you fear a fully buffed Nino but H!Henry with Gronnblade has the exact same SPD as her and up to 10 more ATK (I don't need to sac any 5* Nino's. Yay!) A single partner with Hone Armour and Fort Def/Res seal is enough to make him more dangerous than Nino. But I understand that most people run him in Ward Armor teams instead of taking advantage of his great offensive stats.

You underestimate how bad Merric's attack is. Even with +ATK, a CC +10 Merric with Dark Excalibur (not available yet) will only have 44 ATK. Fury Xander with Fort Cavaly has 28 Res and WTA. He takes 7x7+(13 for Glimmer or +18 for Moonbow). Hone ATK will make little difference.

Edited by Clogon
Merric's ATK was wrong.

36 minutes ago, Clogon said:

[...]

You underestimate how bad Merric's attack is. Even with +ATK, a CC +10 Merric with Dark Excalibur (not available yet) will only have 38 ATK. Fury Xander with Fort Cavaly has 29 Res and WTA. He takes 2x2+(11 for Glimmer or +18 for Moonbow). Hone ATK will make little difference.

That Merric would have 44 ATK. 

Yes! Fjorm is a bonus, sorry Sharena but you'll stay in the castle until I can give you Fury 3. 

I'll keep my Eirika, Hector, Tana, Bonus. Fjorm is a good anti-mage unit so maybe she'll do fine, if not I can always change Tana for Lute.

Wow. yesterday, I was behing the threshold to rank up to Tier 19. Got my third run... deathless... and I'm high up, like... 2029th with 4858 points. What a change. Team in spoiler.

Spoiler

415813Arena5.png

Nothing to say, beside that Brave Ike is... still amazing.

I've been messing around with Fjorm and her base kit in the Tempest and have found that Kageros completely self-destruct against her. Should be rather amusing against the more optimal Arena Kageros that sometimes pop up.

Anyway, score time:

• Tier 20 score of 5012 (Nino +7 with Aether and Atk Ploy 3 Seal; Eirika +1 with Fort Res 3 Seal; Nowi +10 with Dist Def 3 Seal; and Alfonse 5* with Panic Ploy 3 Seal) - #2350 (/5074 to stay)
  • Arena Assault score of 5032 (Nino +7 with Aether and Atk Ploy 3 Seal; Eirika +1 with Fort Res 3 Seal; Nowi +10 with Dist Def 3 Seal; and Sheena +1 with Growing Wind and Panic Ploy 3 Seal) - #1773

Got 5 defense wins this week without changing my team, so I guess that drought probably really was mostly the map rotation.

My scores probably could have been higher, given that I improved my team a bit, but since all that came toward the very end of the week and my current scores were good enough for my goals, I left it. Basically, Nino is now +8 (breaking a months-long drought on pulling her!), Nowi has a forged Lightning Breath+ and Eirika has been replaced (RIP—but my red pulls were getting me nowhere with her) with Adult Tiki, who is a hefty 5* +5, sporting a competent buffing kit, Quick Riposte 3 and forged Lightning Breath+. Around 160k feathers were spent to make these improvements. I've still got enough to merge more Ninos or Tikis, if only I could draw them. We'll see how that goes, I guess. I've also got two 4* Chroms who I could promote to pass Aethers if I get desperate, though I think I'm probably better off considering building that Draug to be my AA point slave. Then again, the gacha threw two more Sheenas at me, so I'm a bit torn.

Spoiler

37RdIxY.png

Finally, I've made it into Tier 20! I'll probably drop back down to Tier 19 next season, but then again, now that I have Ayra, maybe she'll help me stay in? I could probably drop Reinhardt and be okay with Ayra replacing him. Maybe someday, I'll be able to get 700 points in every Arena match, and then eventually reach 5,000+ total points too.

Rank Updates:

It's a week of all-time highs for me, even my defense win score (although I had less wins than usual this week).

Arena: 5022 - Rank 2024/5077 to stay in Tier 20

Defense: 600

Arena Assault: 5052 - Rank 1583

Edited by Infinite Dreams

Dropped out of tier 20, but got my max rewards otherwise. I struggled with AA this week and didn't get a deathless run but still managed to hover arond 10k. I'll just try harder this week! I'm hoping the VG gives us some sort of Refining Ore reward because I just need 30 more Dew to upgrade my Merric, but that means I have to upgrade someone else for 50 or two people for 20 because I was dumb and decided to promote two people worth 50 (Lucius and Ninian) and one worth 20 (Lukas) instead of being patient. I'm sitting on 35 Ore atm. Aaaaaaaaagh. So close.

Now I just have to figure out my team composition for next week. I've got a 4*+10 Olivia. I can run her instead of PA!Azura which means I'll have to support Merric with someone else for those bonuses. I'll likely run Lucius again simply because I'm a little worried about DC!Vantage Ayra, and Dazzling Staff has been a life saver. And that means I can replace Mia with a blue perhaps...Ephraim is also a bonus unit this week, but if I'm running PA!Azura, I don't need his buffs. I'll have to experiment and see what works best for my score.

Back to tier 19. Fjorm and her expensive skills should make it easy for me to go back to tier 20 next week unless the scores inflate too much. 

On AA I managed to stay on the top 5k, I'll need to work more on merges to get onto the top 3k but for now I'm ok with my position.

Offense score of 5060 (T20) remains in T20, combining with a defense score of 612 for max rewards. Also, thank goodness they changed the top AA reward tier to 1-1000.

Teams faced (streak):

Spoiler

ghVjvWO.png

Panic Ploy Kagero new meta.

Teams faced (other):

Spoiler

Awh2aMN.png

With this week done, I now have to say goodbye to good ol' "Operation Death From Above" for another month =( . It looks like I have a choice next week...go back to the regular rotation team of Celica, Tana, Julia, & Sharena, or run a fresh team using Ayra (probably Ayra, Fae, Azura, [someone...maybe Elise. That's actually really tempting, now that I think about it]). I'm leaning towards the latter.

Season 44 (1.3.0 S29) Results:

Score: 4,966 (New Record!)
Defense: 582

Elwo5Mr.png

Changes from last week:

-Narcian got Distant Counter
-Narcian got Aether
-Narcian got Slaying Axe+
-Caeda’s Wo Dao was forged with +Def
-Alfonse was given the fully upgraded Close Def seal

The big 2.0 update brought about some significant changes to my team.  I was very fortunate in that I pulled another Hector from the Legendary Heroes banner, who was promptly fed to Narcian for Distant Counter.  He also acquired Aether for more points, and thanks to the new weapon forge I was able to make a Slaying Axe for him.  He loses a lot of bulk and power against blue units, but I think it will be worth it once I get the +Spd upgrade.  Baiting and killing Reinhardt fully charges his Aether, which he can use to blow up the B!Lyn waiting behind him. :)

Caeda’s Wo Dao upgrade gives her some much needed physical bulk against some of the strong greens that are common sights in the arena, namely Hector, B!Ike, and Dorcas.  With the +5 Hp and +4 Def, she is now usually able to survive combat against two of the above even if they’re +10, whereas before she was one and done.

I have more upgrades coming for next season, and I’ll be aiming to stay in tier 20 for the first time.  The bar continues to be pushed higher, but I’m so close, I want to do it at least once.

Arena Assault:

0ByWSE3.png

I noticed they changed the upper reward tier thresholds a bit.  I was low-balled in the enemy score ranges in this run, so maybe top 3K is doable -- certainly more so than top 1K ever was for me.

Hall of Fame:

Spoiler

YOg5E3y.png

That 42 Atk as a +10 hurts, but as a -blade mage he probably gets the job done just fine.  A support unit with some bite.

vH3s44X.png

Believe it or not, not the only super-charged Barst I encountered this week.  The other one was “only” +9, so this guy got the nod.

IHavXyw.png

Dragons are easily the biggest winners in 2.0 – being able to target the weaker of two defenses makes them much more potent against meta threats.  Been seeing a lot of Steady Breath/Aether/QR builds in the arena and on Reddit Gifs/videos, and it looks so good.

dcoAP9y.png

Horses, BEGONE!  Even with the upgrade, I don’t see -Wolf tomes making much of a splash in the meta.  Maybe Gronnwolf, but even then.

Previous Season Results:

53 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

I noticed they changed the upper reward tier thresholds a bit.

They removed the topmost tier and shifted all of the rewards up one tier. Achieving the same rank this week as last week would give you this week the rewards of the tier above yours last week.

I am going to lie down and sleep for the rest of the week now. I'm down about 20 crests.

At least Seliph has 38 spd this session thanks to water blessing and Fjorm, that is lots of fun.

image.png

The highlight match was definitely this:

Spoiler

image.png

which included this and one other not also one other +10 Wrys but with only Live to Serve.
image.png

6 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

@DarkLordIvy Haha, I met this guy 1-2 weeks ago. Really hard to kill that Wrys. 

I about died when I noticed the name. Ike was able to take him from the safety of a defense tile, but the second Wry's really made it hard lol.

I feel like a middle schooler on facebook right now, I hope they accept my friend request

Since Michalis is one of the bonus units this season I thought "Why not running my Flier Emblem team?" I know the answer now, it's unable to win 7 matches in a row -.-

This is it (although I need to work on the Sacred Seals, and Guidance in Michalis wan't there during my tries):

*Image deleted due to attachments space*

Skill translations:

Spoiler

Palla has Wo Dao ++ (+Atk), Harsh Command (for those Panic Ploy Seals), Moonbow, Sturdy Blow, Swordbreaker and Goad Fliers.

Hinoka has Brave Lance +, Draw Back, Blazing Wind, Darting Blow, Lancebreaker and Hone Fliers

Michalis has Hauteclare (waiting for more dew to upgrade it), Draw Back, Aether, Heavy Blade, Quick Riposte and Goad Fliers

Elincia has Amiti, Reposition, Draconic Aura, Death Blow, Flier Formation and Fortify Fliers

So I did this change:

*Image deleted due to attachments space*

F!Robin translation:

Spoiler

Gronnraven +, Draw Back, Ignis, Triangle Adept, Bowbreaker, Hone Atk, Speed +3 SS

This has helped me to handle with the so common BH!Lyn in Arena, and now I'm with 4688 points (it hasn't been a deathless run). I want to come back to tier 19 (dropped today to tier 18). How would you improve the team? I think Hinoka is the biggest problem, she hits weak, doesn't resist almost anything (dies even with WTA), but I don't have any other blue flier for this season (I'm actually working in Cordelia, but she's still 4* and hasn't almost any SI, and while I've 5* Valter, he's with his vanilla kit, and I've very few SI left). 

Edited by Javi Blizz