Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

I was trying different team comps all week and finally got a defensive win with a 4*+10 Wings of Mercy Blarowl Mae, Fjorm, Water Blessing Sothe, 4*+10 Eirika. Not entirely sure why that combination worked. Someone probably ate a surprise WoM Blarowl. However, I had tried close to that team sans Eirika so it seems Eirika was the game changer. I really wish we could replay defensive wins. Be nice to see what went down.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Alkaid said:

Yeah that's probably much higher than the worth of any teams I've been making. I'm especially jealous of all those Cordelias and Cherches. I'd have +10'd Cordelia by now if I could, but I haven't seen another of her since early October, despite the million blues I must have pulled since then... Feelsbadman

Usually I run Ayra, Cordelia (guidance seal), Brave Ike/PA Azura + bonus(Fjorm now) and it doesn't fail to get at least like 5, but it's just dropping the ball this week. Or it was until I got that 1 defense somehow after shuffling the team.

Good luck in your next green and blue pulls then!

I need at least other 10 Cordelias, since I like to give Galeforce to everyone (Elincia, Cordelia, BH!Roy and Cherche so far, Minerva, Titania and some others to go). 

Perhaps I hit a sweet spot with that score range. Some weeks ago, I got more than 40 defense wins to my big surprise. 

So this season I've had more defense wins than usual. I usually just throw my flier team out there if I don't have a bonus character built, or at all, but this season I threw in a +1 Fjorm. Also a +4 NY!Azura who wasn't previously on my main flier team. With those two, a +9 Beruka and Catria (both with water blessings), I'm at 8 defense wins. Probably less than many, but great by my standards. I would guess the existence of a dancer, and a distant counter weapon user is what's changing things up.

Edited by Frenzify

21 hours ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Ah, yeah, in that situation, I'd use him for Distant Counter, then, though I'm a bit of a cheapskate pragmatist and wouldn't really approach it with the "Hector deserves it" angle, so take that with a grain of salt.

He is one of my fav lords (I basically like him and Ephiram the most). As a FEH unit, he also helped me get to top tier arena until I got high merges.

21 hours ago, Rezzy said:

How does your Dragon team do?  I switched to a Flier team + Bonus for my defense, since Horse Emblem doesn't work in the AI's hands anymore.  I got two wins this week, but would like to make something more reliable after I had gotten used to 10+ wins every week back in the hay day of Horse Emblem.

It does pretty okay for itself. Usually in the 6-10-defenses range unless there's Arena quests going on, then that approximately doubles. I don't run all dragons, though—and didn't run all horses, to be fair. Original defense team was Rein, Xander, Nino and bonus unit. Swapped Rein and Xander for Tiki. They're also not mega-while dragons, so they're running Triangle Adept instead of  Steady Breath. I'm a bit surprised that they pick up wins so readily when TA gives them a major weakness that Steady Breath would otherwise semi-circumvent on the physical side, though I'm guessing part of that might be because Tiki's my buffer, running Rally Def/Res, so she might cling to Nowi more readily, making it difficult for greens to approach. Nino's also there to cover them and Draw Back on them, so that might also be a thing. Still surprising, though, considering the glaring common vulnerabilities.

3 hours ago, Clogon said:

He is one of my fav lords (I basically like him and Ephiram the most). As a FEH unit, he also helped me get to top tier arena until I got high merges.

Heh, I do understand the feeling. Hector's among the characters I favour, but his rarity makes me seriously think twice about doing anything that would involve merging him. For me, the units I want to give pointed inefficient favouratism to are Florina and female Robin, though my concentration on Arena basically means that I've given them strong initial builds, then back-burnered them for a good long while (at least the next 140k feathers are going toward Arena needs).

51 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

It does pretty okay for itself. Usually in the 6-10-defenses range unless there's Arena quests going on, then that approximately doubles. I don't run all dragons, though—and didn't run all horses, to be fair. Original defense team was Rein, Xander, Nino and bonus unit. Swapped Rein and Xander for Tiki. They're also not mega-while dragons, so they're running Triangle Adept instead of  Steady Breath. I'm a bit surprised that they pick up wins so readily when TA gives them a major weakness that Steady Breath would otherwise semi-circumvent on the physical side, though I'm guessing part of that might be because Tiki's my buffer, running Rally Def/Res, so she might cling to Nowi more readily, making it difficult for greens to approach. Nino's also there to cover them and Draw Back on them, so that might also be a thing. Still surprising, though, considering the glaring common vulnerabilities.

Heh, I do understand the feeling. Hector's among the characters I favour, but his rarity makes me seriously think twice about doing anything that would involve merging him. For me, the units I want to give pointed inefficient favouratism to are Florina and female Robin, though my concentration on Arena basically means that I've given them strong initial builds, then back-burnered them for a good long while (at least the next 140k feathers are going toward Arena needs).

Thanks!  I might try dragons if my Flier+Bonus team drops off, but it's gotten me 5 Defense Wins the past couple days since I switched to it, so I guess it does better than my Horse Team now.  I put the Guidance Seal and the Iote's Seal, which patches up their weakness a bit.

I'd need to do some serious SI to get a Dragon Team up to snuff.  I only have Baby Tiki, Fae, and Ninian at 5* and none of the have Lightning Breath.  I might try getting my Corrin up to 5*, but I guess I'd need that 4th slot for the bonus unit, unless we're lucky enough to see a dragon as a bonus unit.

2 hours ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

I agree with this so much. I think my extra hectors will remain unused for a while.

Just now, Clogon said:

I agree with this so much. I think my extra hectors will remain unused for a while.

2 hours ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

I used my extra Hector to give Titania DC, but I don't think I'd merge my current one, unless I got an ideal nature to replace my +HP-Res one.

I just saw a 4 Merric Team in Arena Assault.  I meant to take a screenshot, but sadly forgot to.

I'm at a score of 4996 for a rank of 1134/12,150 to move into Tier 20.  I'll wait until Tuesday to use any more Crests for the quests.  I probably won't have a hope of staying in Tier 20, but might as well try.

Well whatever Mae/Fjorm/Sothe/Eirika are doing sure is working. Got another 2 defensive wins overnight. Also managed a run that secured 4orbs for me. Had to shuffle in B!Ike to raise my per match point gain. Seems that without my highly merged Amelia I just don't get enough points per run to stay easily in the higher ranks.

I'm going to need something to close my score range soon, a range of 702-718 is too wide to consistenly get the necessary score for top 5k in AA. I guess I'll need to start merging Ninos to see if that gives me a closer score range.

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 2:43 AM, Korath88 said:

I hate how 4,876 isn't even enough to reach tier 20 now, when a few months back I could get in with 4,830+ 

BST boosted Armours were a mistake 

I've been using refined Lightning breath Y!Tiki and double QR+wary fighter Hector with Ninian and Fjorm on defense and its gotten me 2 victories so far. Haven't used Lyn and Rein on my defense teams in a while.

While BST boosted Armors are definitely part of it, this week/season in particular is being exasperated by Fjorm and her blessing boost.  I know my score range has increased by around 6 points per fight on average compared to the Askr Trio.  And that's without fishing.

Score report, "Fjorm Skews Everything" Edition:

• Tier 20 score of 5158(!) (Nino +9 with Aether, Atk Ploy 3 Seal and W-Bless; Nowi +10 with Aether, DD3 Seal and W-Bless; Adult Tiki +7 with Aether, Hone Spd 3 Seal and W-Bless; Fjorm +1 with QR3 Seal) - #720
  • Arena Assault score of 5132 (Nino +9 with Aether, Atk Ploy 3 Seal and W-Bless; Nowi +10 with Aether, DD3 Seal and W-Bless; Adult Tiki +7 with Aether, Hone Spd 3 Seal and W-Bless; Fjorm +1 with QR3 Seal) - #1420

Kinda wish my scores had been reversed, but let's be real here: getting ~70 points higher than my previous week's score is pretty bonkers. 100 more points was clearly a bit of the RNG working my favour (for once). I would have taken another shot or two at it I had time, but, alas, I did not. Oh, well, I still hit top 1000 again in one of the arenas, even if it's the one that doesn't get me any extra rewards for it. Draug was temporarily useless this week because triple Water Blessing plus Fjorm +1 was worth an 2 pts/match over what I have built for Draug (to be fair, he's still only +6 with a skill set that still has to be fully optimized for points). This should change next season, though, when the elements no longer favour water, meaning I'll be back to running a specific bonus for regular Arena (still Fjorm) and Draug as the AA point slave.

I did unusually well by my standards this week in Arena, netting 9 defense wins.  Usually I'm lucky to get 3.  This week, I used a team of Quick Riposte dragons: Adult Tiki, Mystery Tiki, and Nowi, plus Fjorm.  From the units I saw that I beat, it looked like they were probably in Tier 17-19.  Adult Tiki too stronk with 46 Defense.

Back to tier 20. I'm glad next week is going to be an easy one, that's going to give me the chance to try Micaiah against horses. 

I also got enough coins to max QR but I still need a ton of red badges.....Grinding the TT is going to be so much fun/s.

Normal Arena: Tier 19 --> Tier 20 + Defense Win Awards

AA: Top 5k bracket

Tier 19 this week was...rough. I gave up on my attempt to break 5k points in the normal Arena after getting my final streak broken one too many times. At first, I thought a score of around 4864 would be more than enough to get me into tier 20. (That was with a few deaths.) But I kept getting closer and closer to the cut-off, so I tried again and got a score of 4918 with a single death. (I just wasn't lucky this week.) I wasn't SUPER close to the cut-off, but it was close enough that I got nervous. I'm not sure if I'll try to fish for an over 5k score this upcoming week or not... Maybe I'll take it easy. XD

AA gave me a little bit of trouble, but I've finally gotten to the point where I've built enough well-balanced teams to not have to shuffle everyone around each run. I barely broke 5k (with 5004) which was enough to keep me in my desired bracket!

Season 51 (1.3.0 S36) Results:

Score: 5,012
Defense: 604 (New Record!)

vrhsqGp.png

Third time breaking the 5,000 mark, but it wasn't enough to stay in Tier 20 this time around.  The thresholds continue to increase steadily, and for the time being I will simply have to be content in Tier 19.5. 

Hinoka gets to take a break this cycle, as I experiment with the lesser-seen of Narcian's Angels, Shanna.  She was the recipient of my Water Blessing, bringing her Spd up to 47 when with Fjorm.  Combined with Narcian's Goad and his ally support, this is more than enough to turn her Firesweep Lance into an absurdly powerful tool to eliminate most non-Green threats. Eventually I would like to start investing into merging her more, perhaps when my GHB project starts to wind down.

Arena Assault:

YdsugiG.png

I drew a 714 in nearly every round except like one, where it was 718.  I can probably forget about getting top 3K with any kind of consistency for a while.

Hall of Fame:

Spoiler

6tYCTB0.png

Actually found this in the AA rankings before I did my main run.  There aren't many +5 Narcians out there, but they're always a treat to see.

m79DK0U.png

A Ryoma that deviates a bit from the tried-and-true Fury build, looking to be more tanky at 2 range. 

Previous Season Results:

Offense score of 5162 (T20) remains in T20, combining with a defense score of 624 for max rewards.

Teams faced (streak):

Spoiler

37HOOv9.png

Teams faced (other):

Spoiler

P5jHmVZ.png

Using Fae as my bonus unit alongside Celica, Tana, and Julia worked out pretty well, all things considered. I tossed the Close Def seal on Fae (over Distant Def), since Julia has 2-range on lock-down. Between the Arena and the Tempest Trials, I also got to fully use Tana's Galeforce build this season; I had been just AA testing it prior to this week. Self-refreshing opens up so many options for engaging enemies, and I am 100% satisfied with the results. I might consider leaving Spd Ploy on Julia instead of changing back to Res Ploy, since Atk & Spd Ploy support is really strong for that set.

After running triple infantry mage + bonus for my defense team for the past few weeks, I switched it to a Flier-based squad (headed by Caeda, naturally). It got solid results, though this makes me feel a little bad:

Spoiler

GgCF371.jpg?1

Edited by LordFrigid

15 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

though this makes me feel a little bad:

I mean, it's their fault for going against your team a second time, especially considering you have a non-generic name and identifiable lead.