Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strangely, I had zero Defense wins yesterday, after accumulating 10 wins over the rest of the week.  I wish I could save some of those other wins for later, since only one D Win really counts for anything for the week.

Full date points for 4332 Offense:

• Ground zero - #8947
  • After 8 hours - #9463
  • After 24 hours - #11 545
  • After 48 hours - #14 532
  • After 72 hours - #17 761
  • After 96 hours - #20 727
  • After 98 hours (final update before cut-off) - #20 850

Predicted finish: #20 971.

Actual finish: #20 927.

Not bad, I guess. Gonna need a waaaaay stronger team (in both points and consistency) if I wanted to ever actually get into the top 10k. My most recent pull netted Seliph and Effie, so maybe they can be used for something.

Final scores for me are rank#14555 with a score of 4390. Defense was 262.

looking at the bonus heroes this season I feel my score would definitely drop--I had Takumi and Robin last season to score extra points, but the only one I have the new set is Catria4 and she's definitely not as effective as Robin in my team setup.

Edit: jesus my score is basically cut in half without the bonus heroes wtf

Edited by Thor Odinson

Offense Score: 4,145
Defense Score: 261
Ending Rank: 48,878

I was doing rather badly until I figured out a solid team towards the end and actually completed a streak, so I'm just happy I broke 50k at this point.

I'll probably never reach 20k feathers for a 5* since I have to keep raising my 3*s, huh. Here comes Narcian, I guess.

Edited by AAurion

4,165 + 237 = 46,500ish (give or take).  Way better than being unranked last weekend!

Anyway, guess who decided getting Odin to 4* was a good idea?  And had him sitting at level 39?  This arena's going to be interesting.

I stayed at the same offense score but dropped to nearly 19K, last I remember.

Gotta raise Narcian now after spending time and effort on Sharena. Least I got 3K feathers from previous season, but probably won't get much points thanks to a change of bonus characters. Here's to another 2K to go towards Narcian.

I'm currently at around 1,300 points atm since I don't have any bonus units for this season + the fact that I some bad matches (hate the damn split map so much). That amount of points placed me at rank 98,800 currently which is the bare minimum. this season is going to be tough for me.

This game really went downhill in my eyes after the reset to the point I'm considering just quitting alltogether. I think alot of people feel the same way. My arena score is cut in half because I don't have any of those bonus hereos. I figured the bonus hereos might switch around randomly but never thought they'd be so greedy to literally put ALL new characters in there. Making it 90% pay to win(pay to be able to collect 20k feathers a month atleast)

I kept rerolling the whole day yesterday just for the lulz because I had nothing better to do. Nothing to do on my main account. After alot of hours I finally managed to roll Seliph and Julia to try them out. Here's the funny part... I get nearly 200 max score more per win on the account I made YESTERDAY than my main I've had for 2 weeks. Amazing.... Level 25, 29, 28 and 27 characters made yesterday opposed to 4 level 40s that's been put through work since day 1.

Honestly though, I thought the amount of time it takes to collect feathers would improve in time but cutting it in half for the majority of the players who didn't use 100 + orbs this banner? Seriously, Nintendo. As much as I love you overall and FE, go **** yourselves. Period. 

I take it they gonna introduce new hereos once/twice a month so unless you've got orbs saved up and alot of luck on your side you can expect having to buy a minimum of 140 orbs to even reach 4K Feathers that week.

Time to level up Narcian and Odin I guess...

Edited by TEHPWNZOR

Barely scrapped by at rank 9911 with 4444 offense score.

I have Eirika, so my score this season should be about the same. Perhaps some others in the top 10k will drop from the bonus characters being not as common as the ones from the first set of focuses.

I imagine I could replace 4* Chrom with Narcian (2k feather investment) and get a similar score as well. Ranking measurably higher requires luck in pulls beyond just bonus characters anyways, as you need to pull 5* ones with high stat totals or tons of 3*/4* to turn into feathers (and technically multiples for merges for the very top ranks), which is p2w regardless. I think they should adjust the score to focus on turncount, team level, deaths, instead of stat total and deaths, but eh. There might still be a slight p2w factor to appease the whales, but the skill ceiling would be a lot higher. Depending on the characters from special maps, perhaps f2p could achieve competitive scores with lower starred units (though it would be more challenging with less stat total). At some point, no deaths alone just isn't that hard, so the only thing that matters is stat total and therefore rng (or money).  

Also, if it wasn't apparent, you need 1 bonus character to straight up double your score. There were some reports that more would give additional bonuses, but they did not actually seem to (last season at least, not sure about this time yet).

Looks like the Arena will be staying chaotic. I do like the incentive to constantly be training new characters that might not have been relevant before, especially with some degree of choice: it's the same thing I think the weapon missions do really well. Although this particular lineup is frustratingly small. I have all three of the non-Focus ones at 4*, but while Narcian is my favorite and highest-leveled, I feel like Odin is the way to go, especially because I want to use Hector.

21.02.2017, 14:40 UTC: Offence / Defence: 4472 / 261 Rank: 1295

21.02.2017, 21:41 UTC: Offence / Defence: 4472 / 261 Rank: 1812 (wow, didn't expect it to go down so fast just in the beginning of the season)

22.02.2017, 01:20 UTC: Offence / Defence: 4530 / 261 Rank: 972 (made effie 5*, switched Takumi for Julia, feels nice)

22.02.2017, 04:38 UTC: Offence / Defence: 4530 / 261 Rank: 1043

22.02.2017, 13:02 UTC: Offence / Defence: 4530 / 261 Rank: 1389 (~350 postitions in less than half a day... i don't like it!)

22.02.2017, 21:45 UTC: Offence / Defence: 4530 / 261 Rank: 1662 (heh, kind of a stable decline)

23.02.2017, 6:35 UTC: Offence / Defence: 4530 / 261 Rank: 1775 (wow, it slowed!)

23.02.2017, 12:45 UTC: Offence / Defence: 4530 / 261 Rank: 2075 (oops. Gotta work on this if i want to even try and get into top 5000)

23.02.2017, 15:24 UTC: Offence / Defence: 4530 / 261 Rank: 2168

23.02.2017, 23:07 UTC: Offence / Defence: 4530 / 261 Rank: 2302

24.02.2017, 11:03 UTC: Offence / Defence: 4530 / 261 Rank: 2567 

24.02.2017, 19:03 UTC: Offence / Defence: 4530 / 261 Rank: 2756 

25.02.2017, 11:02 UTC: Offence / Defence: 4530 / 261 Rank: 3067

26.02.2017, 07:31 UTC: Offence / Defence: 4530 / 261 Rank: 3411

26.02.2017, 12:27 UTC: Offence / Defence: 4562 / 261 Rank: 1886 (wow, the Arena is really tight-packed)

26.02.2017, 21:26 UTC: Offence / Defence: 4562 / 261 Rank: 1963 (wow, that was quite a little, i expected bigger fall)

27.02.2017, 07:42 UTC: Offence / Defence: 4562 / 261 Rank: 1991

27.02.2017, 19:37 UTC: Offence / Defence: 4562 / 261 Rank: 2132

I guess I'll just be updating this post when cheking the progress. It would be way easier for anyone to look at relative arena rating drops like this.

Edited by Avestus

No deaths 7 adv streak for me gives around 4442 offense for rank 1778

The arena did feel a little harder this season, mainly because I saw more Linde (who is still ridiculous) and Julia (who hard counters blue mages). Also it seemed like more people used Spd buff combinations like Ryoma/Eirika+Takumi/Tharja/Nino. Replacing Chrom with Narcian would still have worked tho, as he did literally nothing in every match. But I suppose my 3 others, Linde, Eirika, Robin(M) have fairly strong synergy and coverage that not everyone will have. I imagine I might have to use color mage + Olivia + coverage option as a core if I didn’t have Eirika.

btw I don’t think people change their defense teams much because you don’t need bonus characters on them (to my knowledge). So there’s still lots of Takumi, red swords, etc.

Edited by XeKr

Out of the rotation characters, I have Narcian and Catria. Julia would fit the best into my team as a replacement for Robin since they roughly share the same niche of nuking things (though more of the nuking reds thing would have to go to takumi) and a good counter to Nowi and Linde, who are problems for my team, but I don't have her.

I can test out Catria's performance after she gets to 40, I suppose. I'll also have to train up Narcian on the side--his anti-blue stuff might be a huge asset, actually, since that's what my team struggles with the most.

What's really bothersome isn't the fact that characters are rotating. That's actually good. The issue is how they do it.   Look, there are 3 free spaces available. Why not put Peri, Fir and Hawkeye? No, let's put all 4 of those focus hereos and leave 3 spaces empty. Really stale. I'm surprised Narcian, Odin and Catria are even in there at all. 

3 man team isn't doing too well because of level 1 Narcian and Odin, haha  

IMG_1255.PNG

Edited by TEHPWNZOR

14 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Strangely, I had zero Defense wins yesterday, after accumulating 10 wins over the rest of the week.  I wish I could save some of those other wins for later, since only one D Win really counts for anything for the week.

Apparently it only shows your top 10. After that the lowest score gets bumped out.

I recorded my progress last week as I learned the ins and outs of the Meta:
Offense ~ Rank
3900 ~ 39,000
4000 ~ 30,000
4100 ~ 20,000
4300 ~ 4,000
4558 ~ 1,041 (Day 5)
4558 ~ 1,380 (Day 7)
---
This week I started off strong:
Offense ~ Rank
4325 ~ 4,595 (Day 1)
4552 ~ 565  (Day 1)

Edited by Katrisa

3 hours ago, Othin said:

Looks like the Arena will be staying chaotic. I do like the incentive to constantly be training new characters that might not have been relevant before, especially with some degree of choice: it's the same thing I think the weapon missions do really well. Although this particular lineup is frustratingly small. I have all three of the non-Focus ones at 4*, but while Narcian is my favorite and highest-leveled, I feel like Odin is the way to go, especially because I want to use Hector.

The thing that weirds me out the most about the line-up is that they cut Alfonse and Sharena. Like, they're seriously going to cut out their main characters in favour of having completely empty slots? In the very least, they should have rotated in Anna.

30 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

The thing that weirds me out the most about the line-up is that they cut Alfonse and Sharena. Like, they're seriously going to cut out their main characters in favour of having completely empty slots? In the very least, they should have rotated in Anna.

I thought this was really weird too.  I was SUPER lucky to have drawn someone from the new set.  But I feel bad for all the people who lack the shortlist this week.  With such a HUGE cast of characters they should always have at least 10 members offered as bonus options.