Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

On 04/05/2019 at 6:58 AM, Rosalina said:

I just have noticed how much merged units matter. 

With my earned score of 3602 I am pretty sure I would have made it to tier 20. 

But unfortunately I am only tier 18 right now...

At least I know now what to do for the future. 

Yeah. Merges are really important for scoring. Each merge increase the score for that unit by 4.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know I never bothered to check before, but I'm actually scoring higher in AA these days. I used to be consistently scoring in the 3000-5000 bracket but I just checked there and I'm in the 1800s.  That's pretty cool.

Weekly Scores:

T21 arena score: 3,840 - rank 119/1,392 (/4,541)

AA score: 5,302 - rank 671

Team:

+10 Sothe (+spd) - Peshkatz, Rally Atk/Spd+, Aether, C Duel Infantry, Watersweep, Odd Spd Wave, Poison Strike.

+10 Fae (+spd) - Lightning Breath (spd), Rally Atk/Spd+, Aether, G Duel Infantry, Poison Strike, Joint Hone Spd, Spur Def/Res.

+9 Legendary Azura (+spd) - Prayer Wheel, Gray Waves, Aether, B Duel Flying, Chill Def, Hone Spd 4, Guidance.

T21 Arena: +10 Garon (neutral) - Breath of Blight, Rally Spd/Def, Aether, Fort. Def/Res, Quick Riposte, Panic Ploy, Close Defense.

AA: +10 Cherche (+atk) - Cherche's Axe (panic), Rally Up Atk+, Galeforce, G Duel Flying, Wings of Mercy, Def Tactic, Res Tactic.

Garon bonus made my arena score a bit insane. Will be quite nice for the next two weeks. Arena assault was no different from usual.

And I was able  to get my first crown!

A8yHV2A.png

Thanks to the people who helped me before and the team that got me to T21:

Spoiler

k9oSAbu.png

JcPgTGk.png

Mznebqc.png

ZGT1mrO.png

I'm more than content with 1 Crown, not going through this hell again until I get more +10 units~

5 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

And I was able  to get my first crown!

A8yHV2A.png

Thanks to the people who helped me before and the team that got me to T21:

Reveal hidden contents

k9oSAbu.png

JcPgTGk.png

Mznebqc.png

ZGT1mrO.png

I'm more than content with 1 Crown, not going through this hell again until I get more +10 units~

Congrats Landy!

559906064871456788.png.ff3a2bf544cff439c849620c685a5bbd.png

I got to go from earning a 7th crown with Caineghis as my bonus unit to getting kicked down to Tier 19 with legendary Ryoma as my bonus unit in a Water-less season. Since this is clearly Ryoma's fault entirely, he has been fired and promptly replaced with:

Spoiler

MRcc0yN.png?1

a second Julie Ann Taylor. Aside from the waifu and VA bias, I imagine scoring kills with her will be noticeably easier.

9 hours ago, Icelerate said:

Fuck Alm, keeps on ruining my arena and arena assault streak. 

Almost happened to me in AA. I was never so happy that i kept the Raventomes on Spring Camilla and Dancer Inigo! Although baiting Alm with them is still bad. They can playerphase him and brave lance Effie still tears him a new one!

But yeah killing Alm isnt easy when he sloggs behind armorers on the 2 bridges maps! 

Luckily he is only worth it on Earth season!

7 hours ago, Hilda said:

Almost happened to me in AA. I was never so happy that i kept the Raventomes on Spring Camilla and Dancer Inigo! Although baiting Alm with them is still bad. They can playerphase him and brave lance Effie still tears him a new one!

But yeah killing Alm isnt easy when he sloggs behind armorers on the 2 bridges maps! 

Luckily he is only worth it on Earth season!

Brave Bow Brave Lyn and Reinhardt are my best friends against L!Alm in AA.

Same score like last week (3,796), hope it will be enough again to stay in tier 21. 

Switched some skills to raise my max range (http://tinyurl.com/y3v8dk9t). I'm little bummed, fishing with 50 crests gave me only one 750 match (zero 752 matches) and I missed two bonus kills. I should have managed to get a 3,80x score for the first time. 

Scores seem really inflated this week.  Usually I can manage to stay in tier 20 (or promote to 21 if the bonus units are favorable) with little effort, but this time it's looking like I might fall back to tier 19 for the first time in over a year.  I guess it's really easy to get kills with L!Alm and picnic Flora?  Lots of folks probably have +10 Olivia as well.  Lord knows +0 Garon isn't doing me any favors. 

6 hours ago, DLNarshen said:

Scores seem really inflated this week.  Usually I can manage to stay in tier 20 (or promote to 21 if the bonus units are favorable) with little effort, but this time it's looking like I might fall back to tier 19 for the first time in over a year.  I guess it's really easy to get kills with L!Alm and picnic Flora?  Lots of folks probably have +10 Olivia as well.  Lord knows +0 Garon isn't doing me any favors. 

L!Alm is heavily inflating the scores~

Maaka would suggest to +10 Garon

29 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

L!Alm is heavily inflating the scores~

Maaka would suggest to +10 Garon

Yeah, he’s no doubt the main reason I’m currently sitting in 19 myself. The best part is we still got one more week with this current bonus unit group to go and yes, it will still be Earth season because someone actually thought giving legendary Alm three weeks was a good idea.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

The best part is we still got one more week with this current bonus unit group to go and yes, it will still be Earth season because someone actually thought giving legendary Alm three weeks was a good idea

Uuuugggh I was hoping I could put this lousy cycle of bonus heroes behind me.  L!Alm is right up there with Surtr for me as a pain in the neck unit that makes the game less fun just by how laughably imbalanced they are.  Old news and old gripes, but it really bothers me that he gets to break the rules of the game when it comes to defense.   

23 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

Uuuugggh I was hoping I could put this lousy cycle of bonus heroes behind me.  L!Alm is right up there with Surtr for me as a pain in the neck unit that makes the game less fun just by how laughably imbalanced they are.  Old news and old gripes, but it really bothers me that he gets to break the rules of the game when it comes to defense.   

If it's any consolation, next week is also a Water season so you'll at least have a fighter's chance of staying in Tier 20 if you have legendary Ryoma. If you don't have him, then...I'm sorry I brought it up.

I think it was somewhat inevitable, in that he's technically not breaking the rules, but basically gets a bonus Special (Super Moonbow on initiation) a la Hel and Seliph. Seliph's auto-Miracle basically opened the floodgates for this kind of stuff (without him, Hel could have been discounted as a "boss only skill" type deal). I also feel like this is going to be a trend, since there are quite a few legendaries that people simply shrugged at and ignored.

7 hours ago, DLNarshen said:

general rule of thumb: Dont enemy phase him! So far i allways player phased him. His perks only activate on his player phase. Reinhardt, Raventomes and Mages that hit hard will destroy him. But he can be a pain in the Ass.

6 hours ago, Hilda said:

general rule of thumb: Dont enemy phase him! So far i allways player phased him. His perks only activate on his player phase. Reinhardt, Raventomes and Mages that hit hard will destroy him. But he can be a pain in the Ass.

Yep. For AA, I always save Reinhardt, Brave Bow Brave Lyn and my Robins to maps with Legendary Alms.

Weekly Scores:

T21 arena score: 3,832 - rank 241/1,395 (/4,651)

AA score: 5,298 - rank 712

Team:

+10 Sothe (+spd) - Peshkatz, Rally Atk/Spd+, Aether, C Duel Infantry, Watersweep, Odd Spd Wave, Poison Strike.

+10 Fae (+spd) - Lightning Breath (spd), Rally Atk/Spd+, Aether, G Duel Infantry, Poison Strike, Joint Hone Spd, Spur Def/Res.

+9 Legendary Azura (+spd) - Prayer Wheel, Gray Waves, Aether, B Duel Flying, Chill Def, Hone Spd 4, Guidance.

T21 Arena: +10 Garon (neutral) - Breath of Blight, Rally Spd/Def, Aether, Fort. Def/Res, Quick Riposte, Panic Ploy, Close Defense.

AA: +10 Cherche (+atk) - Cherche's Axe (panic), Rally Up Atk+, Galeforce, G Duel Flying, Wings of Mercy, Def Tactic, Res Tactic.

Same team as last week, nothing too different. Next week is the fun week.

Surpassing 3700 and having any chance for a crown is impossible under the current circumstances for me right now, but staying in T20 would be already a success. 

However when Olivia as bonus unit is dropped, I will be passed down with my too low amount of +10 units. 

L!Alm? He's nothing to fear in AA anymore!

gez8afz.png

Yes, this one is -Res, so?

Anyway, very lucky in getting good scoring matches without having to really fish~ Nice considering I was forced to forgo two kills on Alm~ 3,764 is the score for this week

fLApJVZ.png

If it holds, this is likely the last crown I get in a good millennia~