Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

4 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

OK but the Liliana team is adorbs, admit it~

Dagger Liliana really should have been Blue~

Yeah, I did feel kinda bad as I had Naesala pick each of them off. The process of doing that wasn't particularly easy either, I should say.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I decided to use Fiora for my bonus unit with a L&D build with Wo Dao and Moonbow. She performed very well, I decided to invest in her to use her in AR after doing some team building.

This is getting ridiculous. My Wendy is such a Wheelchair in the Meta now... She cannot even handle Legendary Lucina while she is on a Def Tile. I really wish she would get a Refine which makes her more durable forwards this. So glad that I could switch her out of my core...

Edit: Through with AA for the week. 5,242 Points. Feels better now. 

Edited by Stroud

On 7/20/2019 at 1:48 PM, Stroud said:

This is getting ridiculous. My Wendy is such a Wheelchair in the Meta now... She cannot even handle Legendary Lucina while she is on a Def Tile. I really wish she would get a Refine which makes her more durable forwards this. So glad that I could switch her out of my core...

It's sad that the teams that score then best are less effective.  My Cavalry team can usually handle higher scoring teams, but themselves don't score enough to use outside of Arena Assault.

I've got 3731 this week, which just barely advances to Tier 21 this week, but I"ll probably fall out before the end of the day tomorrow.

13 hours ago, Rezzy said:

It's sad that the teams that score then best are less effective.  My Cavalry team can usually handle higher scoring teams, but themselves don't score enough to use outside of Arena Assault.

I've got 3731 this week, which just barely advances to Tier 21 this week, but I"ll probably fall out before the end of the day tomorrow.

Yeah, all this managing of units with score made me totally change my priorities. I still have no outstanding Cavalry because I invested much into units I had in mind that I can make them work in arena.
At the early stages of the Game Camus, Ursula and Cecilia have been some of my most used units. And now they are all struggling in the barracks with keeping up. 

But now Arena is just cheerleading the Bonus Hero anyway...

Weekly Scores:

T21 arena score: 3,806- rank 596/1,277 (/4,257)

AA score: 5290 - rank 796

Teams:

T21 Arena:

+10 Sothe (+spd) (Water) - Peshkatz, Rally Atk/Spd+, Aether, C Duel Infantry, Watersweep, Odd Spd Wave, Poison Strike.

+10 Fae (+spd) (Water) - Lightning Breath (spd), Rally Atk/Spd+, Aether, G Duel Infantry, Poison Strike, Joint Hone Spd, Spur Def/Res.

+9 Legendary Azura (+spd) - Prayer Wheel, Gray Waves, Aether, B Duel Flying, Chill Def, Hone Spd 4, Guidance.

+6 Baesala (neutral) (Water) - Raven King Beak, Rally Spd/Def, Aether, Swift Sparrow, Renewal, Attack Smoke, Atk/Spd Bond.

AA: 

Sothe, Fae, L!Azura,

+10 Cherche (+atk) (Water) - Cherche's Axe (panic), Rally Up Atk+, Galeforce, G Duel Flying, Wings of Mercy, Def Tactic, Res Tactic.

Good week with Naesala, AA was rather annoying, but managed to snag a good score still. Next week will be amazing with water season once again.

On 7/20/2019 at 11:48 AM, Stroud said:

I just spam surrender honestly. Fishing for an easy team is a lot less stressful than trying to actually win. If I see anything Galeforce, armor effectiveness, or horse emblem related, I just immediately surrender since using an armor team is a huge drain on my brain with how freaking slow they are movement wise.

Edited by XRay

Oof, I was so close to reaching T20 this time, but I dropped out in the final hour - I scored above 3600, and it looked really promising, but oh well.

Not pushing hard for T20, my arena team was Lazura +1 with B Duel Flying, Nino +10, Lilina +10 and bonus unit was Summer Fiora (don't know if she was +1 at the time or not)

When you face 3 Surtr out of 6 teams when your bonus unit is Sharena.

:))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Weekly Scores:

T21 arena score: 3,832 - rank 109/1,261 (/4,206)

AA score: 5,328 - rank 106

Teams:

T21 Arena:

+10 Sothe (+spd) (Water) - Peshkatz, Rally Atk/Spd+, Aether, C Duel Infantry, Watersweep, Odd Spd Wave, Poison Strike.

+10 Fae (+spd) (Water) - Lightning Breath (spd), Rally Atk/Spd+, Aether, G Duel Infantry, Poison Strike, Joint Hone Spd, Spur Def/Res.

+9 Legendary Azura (+spd) - Prayer Wheel, Gray Waves, Aether, B Duel Flying, Chill Def, Hone Spd 4, Guidance.

+6 Baesala (neutral) (Water) - Raven King Beak, Rally Spd/Def, Aether, Swift Sparrow, Renewal, Attack Smoke, Atk/Spd Bond.

AA: 

Sothe, Fae, L!Azura,

+10 Cherche (+atk) (Water) - Cherche's Axe (panic), Rally Up Atk+, Galeforce, G Duel Flying, Wings of Mercy, Def Tactic, Res Tactic.

Normal water week, not much else to say. Hopefully I can get my last L!Azura merge this week, though sturdy impact stole most of my orbs.

Weekly Scores:

T21 arena score: 3,814 - rank 365/1,263 (/4,210)

AA score: 5,290 - rank 656

Teams:

T21 Arena:

+10 Fae (+spd) (Water) - Lightning Breath (spd), Rally Atk/Spd+, Aether, G Duel Infantry, Renewal, Joint Hone Spd, Spur Def/Res.

+7 Baesala (neutral) (Water) - Raven King Beak, Rally Spd/Def, Aether, Swift Sparrow, Renewal, Attack Smoke, Atk/Spd Bond.

AA: 

Sothe, Fae, L!Azura,

Nothing special this week, just a lot of pain and suffering caused by the insane amount of green units running around in arena trying to eat Naesala's face. Next week might be a bit painful as well with M!Byleth, since my max score will be awful.

Fuck Anna weeks. I think I will just focus on winning perfectly rather than score fishing. As much as I like her as a waifu, she is utter shit as a unit.

13 hours ago, XRay said:

Fuck Anna weeks. I think I will just focus on winning perfectly rather than score fishing. As much as I like her as a waifu, she is utter shit as a unit.

That is so not true!!!

2 hours ago, Hilda said:

That is so not true!!!

Her Atk and Def are crap. She is wielding Slaying Hammer because her damage output is abysmal.

She does not have Alfonse's high Atk to do Desperation-Brash Assault. She does not have Sharena's balanced bulk and buff nullification to drag out fights. She can handle dragons and that is about it, which the other two have no trouble handling either.

I do pretty consistently well as a tier 20.5 player using Anna.

Her kit isn't too expensive to build if you didn't merge or otherwise discard your Rutger copies.

Def Slaying Hammer+
Rally Spd/Def
Aether
Atk/Def Bond 3
Renewal 3
Atk Smoke 3
Atk/Def Bond 3

I run her with MCorrin (her ally support with eff. Yato, Rally Atk/Spd+, Chill Atk 3, Spur Atk/Spd 2, Spur Def/Res 2), Sheena (has Rally Up Res+. Atk Ploy, and Def Ploy), and Gwen (has Wagasa+, Rally Def/Res, and Panic Ploy).

In other news, Yune's AB was pretty easy though I attribute it to the map being easy to do well in; lots of space to move around in, player's team starts on defense tiles, and no dumb chokepoints.

1 hour ago, Roflolxp54 said:

I do pretty consistently well as a tier 20.5 player using Anna.

Her kit isn't too expensive to build if you didn't merge or otherwise discard your Rutger copies.

Def Slaying Hammer+
 Rally Spd/Def
Aether
Atk/Def Bond 3
Renewal 3
Atk Smoke 3
Atk/Def Bond 3

I run her with MCorrin (her ally support with eff. Yato, Rally Atk/Spd+, Chill Atk 3, Spur Atk/Spd 2, Spur Def/Res 2), Sheena (has Rally Up Res+. Atk Ploy, and Def Ploy), and Gwen (has Wagasa+, Rally Def/Res, and Panic Ploy).

In other news, Yune's AB was pretty easy though I attribute it to the map being easy to do well in; lots of space to move around in, player's team starts on defense tiles, and no dumb chokepoints.

Almost the same build as mine. I run Reposition to make my life easier. I also gave mine Distant Counter to counter ranged units. I rely on Tactics buffs instead of M!Corrin buffs though.

Edited by XRay

• 2 weeks later...

I just did my Arena Run for this season, using Alfonse, Prince of Askr. It was pretty easy! He was able to defeat Legendary Tikis, Sothis and Idunns without much problems. I just didn't get 2 kills with him: a Reinhardt and a Brave Hector.

I used Alfonse with Fólkvangr (Spd refinement), Rally Atk/Def, Aether, Brazen Atk/Def, Renewal 3, Atk Smoke 3 and Spd/Res Bond 3 Sacred Seal.

My place in Tier 21 is guaranteed!

I feel dirty putting Lazura in my defense team, but until I get around to levelling Sigrun, I have no other option. Oh well. Finding she can't kill anything on offense either, but I'm fine with that as bonus points really makes no difference to my ongoing T19.5 status.

1 hour ago, Humanoid said:

I feel dirty putting Lazura in my defense team, but until I get around to levelling Sigrun, I have no other option. Oh well. Finding she can't kill anything on offense either, but I'm fine with that as bonus points really makes no difference to my ongoing T19.5 status.

Azura is a great Arena unit, but not a good bonus unit. She can deal with red foes, but she can have some problems with blue foes, and she will have problems with green foes. I never used a dancer in Arena, but I can see that using a dancer that attack instead of dance sound... weird.

You will have a better time with Sigrun. Just give her a Slaying Spear, so she can deal with Armored Units, and she is good to go. I could do it as well, but Alfonse was enough to make me get a good score to return to Tier 21.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Azura is a great Arena unit, but not a good bonus unit. She can deal with red foes, but she can have some problems with blue foes, and she will have problems with green foes. I never used a dancer in Arena, but I can see that using a dancer that attack instead of dance sound... weird.

You will have a better time with Sigrun. Just give her a Slaying Spear, so she can deal with Armored Units, and she is good to go. I could do it as well, but Alfonse was enough to make me get a good score to return to Tier 21.

If it would cost me an orb, sure, but my investment into units for arena generally amounts to a movement assist and a cheap special if they lack one. 😛 Did my sums and after dropping this week, there'd be no issue getting into T20 even with zero bonus kills (at ~730x5).

Got my one and only crown last year and content with that, at least with the current state of the game. Feathers are going towards "fun" projects for now rather than cheerleaders. Maybe next year I'll finally promote Alfonse, ha.