Triangle Adept - Yay or Nay?

Big Smoke

Triangle Adept - Yay or Nay?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of this ability?

• Good
    • Bad
    • Situational
    • Other

What does everyone think of this ability?

In case you don't know, this ability raises your attack by a percent (I think it ranges from 10-20%) when you have a triangle advantage, but decreases it when there's a disadvantage.

I think it's situational. It may be able to save you in a pinch, but could very easily screw you over as well.

I use it on Roy to deal with Hector's in the Arena. He ORKO's them and gets almost no damage taken in return. While he indeed does no damage to blue, I feel like he shouldn't attack those very much anyway. I'd rather have a unit that has very distinctive strengths and weaknesses than be kinda 'meh' all around. So, I like the skill =).

A lot of the time, it's possible to maneuver into good matchups so you get the upside more than the downside, but still, it's a lot harder to be excited about than the skills that are all upside.

I wonder if we will get a character later down the line that will have both... a saffire weapon... triangle adept.... and a colorless effective skill all at once..... course that would have to be reserved for a super dangerous final boss in some later update.

1 hour ago, Thany said:

I wonder if we will get a character later down the line that will have both... a saffire weapon... triangle adept.... and a colorless effective skill all at once..... course that would have to be reserved for a super dangerous final boss in some later update.

I don't think there are currently any colorless effective skills. It seems to only be available through the Raven tomes, at least at the moment. But Raven plus Triangle Adept would be entertaining.

I think it's situational--Friend of mine got fed up with Narcian's Hard map and asked me to play it for her and I put it on her Roy to take negligible damage from Green Cav and none from Narcian---as she didn't have a solid archer in that file, deleting Narcian became Roy's job and he also needed to alternate tanking with Robin. It's also useful going into a map that you know will have mostly the color you're good against. Then you go into a map with enemies that are good against your color and you just take it off.

I think ... all you need is Triangle adept at level 2. 15% is enough. 20% is too one sided. You just have to play around.

Remember there's Emerald Axe that gives 20% immediately.

I say triangle adept is more useful for certains setups or characters!! I thinks it is a better skill for 3 movement units, wings of mercy etc and when you have a dancer in your team because it will help you reach your triangle advantage against enemies. Besides that... i think its better remove it because sometimes facing a disavantage triangle is inevitable and this skill will surely hurt your character performance specially against 5*star...