Best Fire Emblem Fates game?

Hiro08

Favourite Fire Emblem Fates game  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What was your favorite Fates game out of the three?

• My favorite is Birthright
    • My favorite is Conquest
    • My favorite is Revelations

As someone who went in wanting the classic FE experience but had a bias for the Hoshidan character designs and classes..... Yeah, Conquest won me over pretty hard haha. It's story might not be the BEST (none of them are though let's be honest), but its characters on the whole were more interesting/better written in the supports, and it's hard to deny the gameplay improvements that Conquest has made for the series in general. As someone who liked Awakening's story and characters but was disappointed with the steps backward in gameplay, Conquest was quite a breath of fresh air for the series.

If Birthright had the level of gameplay and writing that Conquest had, it would be my uncontested favorite; I still like the character designs way better than those of Blondesville Nohr, and the new classes and weapons they introduced for Hoshido have a lot of fun and appealing affects, but the gameplay is what matters most to me at the end of the day and Conquest has it.

Conquest for me. For one, the maps. The maps were very fun, challenging, and required quite a bit of thinking. It was fairly enjoyable. If there's anything that IS did well, it was this. Conquest also has the story I...*KIND OF* like? I definitely prefer it over the other two, which I know is...strange. But I also much prefer Conquest's CHARACTERS over Birthright's (who I didn't care that much for).

To be honest, Conquest mainly because of the maps and the gameplay. I really wish I could say the plot was good, but, honestly, the plot was not very good for all three. I think they were in a rush to write the plot for all three games. Revelations in particular could have been really interesting as a "What would have happened if you couldn't side with one kingdom over the other?" But it was really a "good" story branch to Birthright and Conquest being the "bad" story branches, and I wish it hadn't been that you basically are left in the dark about who the true bad guy is in the two main routes.

I prefer Conquest overall. Mostly cuz the characters on that route are my faves. Like, Hoshido has some cool guys like Kagero, Orochi, Oboro, Ryoma, Sakura, and stuff. But Conquest has Niles and Odin, Leo, Charlotte, Benny, Camilla, Xan man, and Elise. I also like the Nohr kids better. Ophelia and Forrest being chief among them. So i tend to lean in that direction more. I dont mind Birthright tho. 

I like Conquest best because I think that the gameplay is pretty fun, and I like most of the characters on that route. Birthright is cool too but the challenge isn't quite like Conquest's. I don't like Revelations gameplay though. It feels too sluggish because of all the map gimmicks. 

22 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

To be honest, Conquest mainly because of the maps and the gameplay. I really wish I could say the plot was good, but, honestly, the plot was not very good for all three. I think they were in a rush to write the plot for all three games. Revelations in particular could have been really interesting as a "What would have happened if you couldn't side with one kingdom over the other?" But it was really a "good" story branch to Birthright and Conquest being the "bad" story branches, and I wish it hadn't been that you basically are left in the dark about who the true bad guy is in the two main routes.

Yeah and it's weird to because Anankos is MENTIONED in Conquest, too (...or maybe I'm remembering wrong and it was before the route split....? Could have sworn that happens in Conq ch7 but IDR I've been skipping cutscenes in all my subsequent runs lol). Whenever I saw that mentioned I was always like 'oh hey that's a lovely shotgun you've got there, Chekhov'. But nope. No mention of it. You even see Valla and everything, but... nothin'. lol

22 hours ago, Loki Laufeyson said:

I prefer Conquest overall. Mostly cuz the characters on that route are my faves. Like, Hoshido has some cool guys like Kagero, Orochi, Oboro, Ryoma, Sakura, and stuff. But Conquest has Niles and Odin, Leo, Charlotte, Benny, Camilla, Xan man, and Elise. I also like the Nohr kids better. Ophelia and Forrest being chief among them. So i tend to lean in that direction more. I dont mind Birthright tho. 

It just makes me sad that the BR characters were nowhere near as interesting as their Nohr counterparts on the whole because of what great designs they had and whatnot... I'd love for the characters on both sides to have been well-designed AND well-written, but... guess they were stretched too thin for that haha ;; it's a shame. 

On 2/21/2017 at 4:28 PM, BANRYU said:

It just makes me sad that the BR characters were nowhere near as interesting as their Nohr counterparts on the whole because of what great designs they had and whatnot... I'd love for the characters on both sides to have been well-designed AND well-written, but... guess they were stretched too thin for that haha ;; it's a shame

Yeah. Theres only like three or four people in Hoshido that are interesting and three of them are royals. (the fourth being Oboro) I feel like if they took out Hinoka and her squad and replaced them with better written characters and then got rid of the Awakening expies, things would have been a bit better. I do love Orochi and Kagero, but they arent super amazingly written. Saizo kinda is, but he gets really shunted to the side a lot. Im kinda grateful for that chapter in Conquest where you team up with him. 

Conquest due to gameplay, characters and designs. While I didn't mind the designs in Birthright or their Eastern inspirations, I just can't help preferring the classic Western armors of Nohr. Particularly, the Spear Fighter/Spear Master. Please give me a playable Lance, IS. Give me back the Soldier class. And, I quite like some of the characters from Hoshido like Hinata, Hisame, Saizou, Tsubaki, Mozu and Kaze.

But, yeah, I can't really bring myself to enjoy Birthright, mainly due to the gameplay. I can't even finish it, which I feel is pretty bad, because it could have been better had it had a difficulty similar to Conquest. Surely, they could have done something to make it more challenging, though I know they were catering to the Awakening crowd, which I don't mind.