To merge, or not to merge?

NutOfDeath

So, I have 3 five star Tikis because I have the worst (best?) luck. My level 40 Tiki is very strong, and my 5 star whole team can basically take on any advanced arena team (Azura, Abel, Tiki, and Takumi), with only having difficulty with Robin. I could just sell the two dupes for 2,000 feathers in total. When I try to merge two Tikis, all Tikis give the same stat boosts: +1 Def and +1 HP. Does the stat boosts stay the same, so it would be in the end +2 Def and +2 HP? Would it be worth it to merge or should I get the feathers so once my beloved Kaden comes out (if ever) I can upgrade him?

26 minutes ago, NutOfDeath said:

So, I have 3 five star Tikis because I have the worst (best?) luck. My level 40 Tiki is very strong, and my 5 star whole team can basically take on any advanced arena team (Azura, Abel, Tiki, and Takumi), with only having difficulty with Robin. I could just sell the two dupes for 2,000 feathers in total. When I try to merge two Tikis, all Tikis give the same stat boosts: +1 Def and +1 HP. Does the stat boosts stay the same, so it would be in the end +2 Def and +2 HP? Would it be worth it to merge or should I get the feathers so once my beloved Kaden comes out (if ever) I can upgrade him?

Merge and make sure you merge the tiki with best boon and bane you want the best possible out come and you get 4 random stats which in long run is better dont send home it isnt worth it trust me.

1 hour ago, NutOfDeath said:

That's some pretty interesting pull luck right there. On one hand, 3 5* units. On the other ... all the same unit :P

Anyway, if you're not into running 3x Tiki, I would merge them. 2000 feathers is a single season of arena's worth of feathers, so it's not worth sending them home. Find the Tiki with the best boon/bane and merge the others into her.

(If you're me, you might even get enough SP to unlock that last pesky skill.)

Are all of them Level 40? If not, I'd suggest taking them all to 40 (pain, I know), because one may come out with better stats than the others.
Then I'd merge them. The feather gain for a 5* is way too low.
Or maybe save one of them, in case there is some period in the future where having two Tikis might be beneficial for a mission.

2 minutes ago, Arteris said:

Are all of them Level 40? If not, I'd suggest taking them all to 40 (pain, I know), because one may come out with better stats than the others.
Or maybe save one of them, in case there is some period in the future where having two Tikis might be beneficial for a mission.

If all are lvl 1 you can check boon and bane there on wiki or some other site maxing them all out is unconventional and a terrible waste of time...

Or train 2 Tiki (not level 40 ...) drop whichever is weaker. at like level 20.... Then use your judgement to your level 40.

If you didnt snap their photo at level 1

13 minutes ago, Ryuke said:

Or train 2 Tiki (not level 40 ...) drop whichever is weaker. at like level 20.... Then use your judgement to your level 40.

It's a very very bad advice. Stat gains are random. Only the final level is fixed. Which means that the Tiki that falls behind on level 20 can have better boon/bane that the one who seemingly is better.

1 minute ago, Avestus said:

It's a very very bad advice. Stat gains are random. Only the final level is fixed. Which means that the Tiki that falls behind on level 20 can have better boon/bane that the one who seemingly is better.

Whelp. then train to 40.

No other choice then...

I screen all my 5* usually. Unless they are planned to be level 40. To get 4 x 5*

Unfortunately, I did not screen cap my Tikis. One is level 12 and the other is level 13. I guess since I don't have much to do in game I might as well grind them up to level 40 and see who has the best stats then merge.

EDIT: BTW, I just checked, my Level 40 Tiki has -ATK +RES, which honestly I don't think is the best configuration of her. Still, I really don't wanna grind Tiki up lol. Thank god for the sword mastery quests I guess.

Edited by NutOfDeath

Okay, so I basically gave up on grinding the Tikis, so I just merged both of them into the Level 40 I already have. I made an interesting discovery this way: levels are fixed even after Level 40. So while merging either Tiki would give me +1 DEF and +1 HP, merging a second time will always raise my Tiki by +1 ATK and +1 RES, even though using that same Tiki earlier would give me the former stat boost. Interesting...

Hey guys, I'm a long time lurker (lol) so let me know if i should be doing this in another thread or something, but the title seemed most relevant to my question:

Is it worth it to upgrade units to 4 star THEN merge? I can't imagine spending 2000 feathers for 2 stat bonuses.  I have the common dupes like Olivia, Donnel, and am thinking of just merging and keeping them at 3 star.  I guess my question is how much of a difference does rarity make?  Most of the skills from 4 star I feel like I can live without.

6 minutes ago, jesus-desu said:

Hey guys, I'm a long time lurker (lol) so let me know if i should be doing this in another thread or something, but the title seemed most relevant to my question:

Is it worth it to upgrade units to 4 star THEN merge? I can't imagine spending 2000 feathers for 2 stat bonuses.  I have the common dupes like Olivia, Donnel, and am thinking of just merging and keeping them at 3 star.  I guess my question is how much of a difference does rarity make?  Most of the skills from 4 star I feel like I can live without.

It's heavily unit-dependent.  For units that have a hard timing gaining SP (Olivia), I think it's worth it.  4* skills are almost always worth it, though.  Olivia's Hone Attack bonus goes up, which is great if you have a Brave user on your team.  Odin's special cooldown goes down by 1, and he gets R Tomebreaker 3.  Virion gets Seal Speed 3 and Astra.  Donnel seems to be a notable exception, only receiving HP +5.

4 minutes ago, eclipse said:

It's heavily unit-dependent.  For units that have a hard timing gaining SP (Olivia), I think it's worth it.  4* skills are almost always worth it, though.  Olivia's Hone Attack bonus goes up, which is great if you have a Brave user on your team.  Odin's special cooldown goes down by 1, and he gets R Tomebreaker 3.  Virion gets Seal Speed 3 and Astra.  Donnel seems to be a notable exception, only receiving HP +5.

This has been said a million times but...feathers :cry:  I'll probably end up promoting who I can but I'm 4 rounds of pulls in and have no 5-stars so I need to save up.  Initially I wanted to get everyone up to 4 star and merge but I don't think that's within the limits of the game (or my wallet).  Thanks for the reply~

7 hours ago, Arteris said:

6 hours ago, Ryuke said:

If you didnt snap their photo at level 1

6 hours ago, Avestus said:

Do I have to correct people every time this gets mentioned? Is the thread titled "How stats work in this game" not descriptive enough?

1. There's no need to level up a unit to level 40 to check its stats. Looking at its stats at level 1 will tell you exactly what its stats at level 40 are.
  2. Growths are not random. They are erratic. There is a huge difference.
  3. Because growths are erratic, a character's stats at level 20 are not indicative of their stats at level 40. Unless you consult a chart that has the character's stats at all levels, there's no good way to determine a character's final stats except at level 1 (where deviations are exactly +/-1) and level 40 (where you can see the final stats in front of you).

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Do I have to correct people every time this gets mentioned? Is the thread titled "How stats work in this game" not descriptive enough?

1. There's no need to level up a unit to level 40 to check its stats. Looking at its stats at level 1 will tell you exactly what its stats at level 40 are.
  2. Growths are not random. They are erratic. There is a huge difference.
  3. Because growths are erratic, a character's stats at level 20 are not indicative of their stats at level 40. Unless you consult a chart that has the character's stats at all levels, there's no good way to determine a character's final stats except at level 1 (where deviations are exactly +/-1) and level 40 (where you can see the final stats in front of you).

My bad. I read your research early on... like the first day and have not check for updated post. In anycase... if you miss out level 1... you pretty much have to wait for level 40.