4* to 5* upgrade priority

Sain_FEH

Don't know if someone has done this already, but I dove back a couple pages and didn't see it:

Since feathers are a major limiting factor in upgrades and the jump from 4* to 5* takes a ton, I went through the drop list to iron out which 4* you should upgrade vs. which ones you shouldn't because they have a natural 5* drop.

I'd recommend not spending the feathers to upgrade these folks from 4* to 5*:

Red: Ogma, Cain, Corrin (male), Chrom, Caeda, Marth, Roy, Tiki, Tharja, Lilina
Blue: Abel, Effie, Catria, Peri, Nowi
Green: Camilla, Sheena, Hawkeye, Raven, Fae, Merric
Grey: Jeorge, Kagero, Jakob, Sakura, Maria

Any other 4* that drops doesn't have a higher version (such as Eliwood or Azama, for example), so I would make those a priority to take up to 5* if you have the feathers. 
All of those "other" 4* do also have a 3* version so don't bother updating a 3* to a 4* unless you love them and want them boosted ASAP. If you can wait for drops, wait for drops.

Its much better to accidentally end up with multiple copies of a really worthwhile 5*, then to waste feathers promoting a crappy unit even if they never show up in a 5* pull. You can still pick the one with the better IV, and make them a +1 unit out of it.

Marth, Roy, Tiki, Tharja, Abel, Effie, Catria, Nowi, Camilla, Fae, Kagero are all excellent units that should be promoted if you need a 5* but have them in 4*. Even Cain, Lilina, Raven, and Jeorge aren't horrible options to do that with if you really need to.

The way heroes works, its more important to get good units up to 5*, then it is to worry about getting duplicates. Because duplicates still have value.

Plenty of these are good to upgrade from 4* -> 5*. But if you already own one version of them. It's not. Unless he's completely in the meta... aka broken Takumi then ... 2xTakumi + a Takumi counter (people w/ bowbreaker) + Olivia = GG no re.

27 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Sharena, Nino and Tharja are the units who can't be naturally 5*, but definitely deserve to be 5* on your team.

Gotten Tharja at 5*.

Sharena defintely imo.

Tharja is a really good Takumi killer if you know how to read their movement.

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Wait, Tharja is a natural 5* now? I could have sworn she wasn't. Oh well. Just the other two then.

In my defense ... I literally pulled her from 5* ... since I never gotten 20K feathers. Dont know how else to word it. Haha :)

I think she's a 4*/5* type. If there is any... Probably 5* because of the huge fanservice. She probably have the same rate as Ryoma.. 0.067 (or something like that)

7 minutes ago, eclipse said:

You're assuming that I can pull a given 5* unit.

I'll use my feathers on whoever's pulling their weight.

This, this so much.

If I ever get to 20,000 feathers (which is unlikely since I like getting my 2* and 3* guys to 4* :P: ), Kagero's definitely first in line. She's too invaluable for me in the arena.

I'll welcome a duplicate 5* with open arms if one comes my way too

It depends. For example, a promoted Merric was a godsend for me because my team was very red-heavy and I didn't have a good green unit. It wouldn't have been as useful if I had someone like Nino or Hector beforehand.

5 hours ago, eclipse said:

You're assuming that I can pull a given 5* unit.

I'll use my feathers on whoever's pulling their weight. Right now, that's Virion, followed by Raven.

It continues to mystify me that Virion is putting in work for you. I have struggled so hard to get him to a point where he even does a single point of damage when I need him to. I want to use him, I really do, because I like his goofy, foppish ways and seal speed, but I wonder if the 3* version I got has a bad boon/bane or something.

4 minutes ago, Omegaprism said:

It continues to mystify me that Virion is putting in work for you. I have struggled so hard to get him to a point where he even does a single point of damage when I need him to. I want to use him, I really do, because I like his goofy, foppish ways and seal speed, but I wonder if the 3* version I got has a bad boon/bane or something.

The secret is to get him to 4*, and not have him target the likes of armors.  He'll murder fliers/some mages/other squishies like no tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Except most of us are not whales? Even if they can be pulled as a nat5*, it's not like we're going to get them easily.

Pretty much this.

I think it's more worthwhile to check if the role your unit fulfills is (relatively) niche than if they can be pulled as a 5*. Which is why I personally wouldn't upgrade Virion, since I think he's outclassed by every other archer minus maybe Niles :P

45 minutes ago, Fly_or_Die said:

Pretty much this.

I think it's more worthwhile to check if the role your unit fulfills is (relatively) niche than if they can be pulled as a 5*. Which is why I personally wouldn't upgrade Virion, since I think he's outclassed by every other archer minus maybe Niles :P

Since my strategy heavily involves enemy Speed manipulation, Virion's perfect.  Unfortunately, my Gordin has Brave weapon and -Atk, so yeah. . .