My Strength Comes from Diligence - A Lunatic Chrom Only Documentary

Big Smoke

I'm calling it a documentary because I don't know what else to call it :p

Here I will be documenting my run through of Lunatic with only Chrom. I have done Chrom-only runs in the past on normal. This will probably be a lot harder to start up.

Rules I have set:

•You can only use Chrom for everything. Even Risen encounters and the like

•On maps where you don't get to choose who to bring into battle or where units join the fight afterward,  you can use those units. Chrom should still get most of the experience.

•I will post (with a picture) each time I complete a chapter or paralouge

The few things I have planned out are these:

I will marry Chrom and the Female MU

As soon as I get to 20 in a class I'll use a seal

Chrom will probably get most kills in the early chapters, as much as I have control over that

So if anyone really wants to follow my Lunatic Chrom Only run, tune in over the next few days! (I would link to a stream but I don't have a capture card :p)

Okay, I'll post a picture for the Premonition just to show my avatar. I decided to throw in some comedic effect with the name, making it a sentence filler. :)

Edited by Big Smoke
Forgot picture :p

I tried this, and can attest that you either need crazy RNG on your side (we're talking "your everything procs, and the enemy's nothing procs"), or it's not happening.  Also, please make sure that you have something significant to update if you're going to double-post.  Lastly, playthroughs and the like go in Let's Plays, so I'm going to move that there.

10 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I tried this, and can attest that you either need crazy RNG on your side (we're talking "your everything procs, and the enemy's nothing procs"), or it's not happening.  Also, please make sure that you have something significant to update if you're going to double-post.  Lastly, playthroughs and the like go in Let's Plays, so I'm going to move that there.

Ah wonderful, thank you. I didn't know there was a separate area for that, still kinda new to navigation.

New update: 

Finished the prolouge, went down to hard. Chrom is level 3 with 90 exp. didn't use Frederick at all so that's a good sign :)

Sorry for the double post!

UPDATE 3:

Chapter 1 is finished. Chrom is level  6, and him and MU have C support already.

Don't hurt me for double posting eclipse plz I love you

Update 4:

Chapters 2 and 3 are complete.

Chrom is now level 10.

Nothing noteworthy happened in Chapter 2

In Chapter 3, Kellam and Sumia were both killed, in the same turn! Jeez.

This will be the format of most updates

Pssst, just a little tip; you can take screenshots through Miiverse! Underneath the option to make a play journal entry should be the option to add the screen capture to your screenshot gallery! They'll be .jpgs, sadly, but still much higher-quality than taking photos of your screen with your phone.

6 minutes ago, Topaz Light said:

Pssst, just a little tip; you can take screenshots through Miiverse! Underneath the option to make a play journal entry should be the option to add the screen capture to your screenshot gallery! They'll be .jpgs, sadly, but still much higher-quality than taking photos of your screen with your phone.

Ahh, hehe. Thanks for the tip!

I will update again tomorrow.

Like eclipse, I have also tried this (it was in the same project thread, actually) and my findings are as follows:

• You need to rig near-perfect Speed and/or Defence levelups all the way until chapter 6 or you will lose there
  • Hit+20 is a godsend but you need EXPonential Growth to level at all in Sniper
  • Lategame maps are going to be cancerous turtles for the most part
  • You're invincible from chapter 7 through to ~15, but enemies do catch up
  • Endgame is going to be impossible unless you have several thousand (no, I'm not kidding, you read correctly, thousand) uses of Def+5 weapons

EDIT: These findings are only really accurate for Lunatic. On Hard, you become basically invincible about midway into chapter 6 and never lose that status.

Edited by Sodium Hydroxide

11 hours ago, Sodium Hydroxide said:

Like eclipse, I have also tried this (it was in the same project thread, actually) and my findings are as follows:

• You need to rig near-perfect Speed and/or Defence levelups all the way until chapter 6 or you will lose there
  • Hit+20 is a godsend but you need EXPonential Growth to level at all in Sniper
  • Lategame maps are going to be cancerous turtles for the most part
  • You're invincible from chapter 7 through to ~15, but enemies do catch up
  • Endgame is going to be impossible unless you have several thousand (no, I'm not kidding, you read correctly, thousand) uses of Def+5 weapons

EDIT: These findings are only really accurate for Lunatic. On Hard, you become basically invincible about midway into chapter 6 and never lose that status.

Yeah Hard isn't too bad so far. In normal you were invincible by about Chapter 3

Update 5:

I have decided that during Risen encounters, I will pair up Avatar and Chrom to further their relationship (until the Valm arc of course)

I died on a double Risen encounter :p

Chapter 5 Results:

Chrom is Level 18

Ricken is dead

Maribelle is dead, but her scene where she talked to Lissa still played. I'm very confused.

(I followed your advice topaz are you proud of me? :])

IMG_3312.JPG

Edited by Big Smoke

Update 6:

I have done Paraloges 1 and 2, and Chapter 6. Chapter 6 took a few tries :p I never died, but Emmeryn did. Turns out defense wasn't the best strategy, oddly.

Chrom was promoted to a Great Lord. He is already level 7, and B with lances. I've already gone through a whole Javelin, and then some :O

Panne is dead

Gaius is alive :D Not like I'll use him, but I'd hate to see the guy die. He's like a sneaky embodiement of myself

IMG_3319.JPG