Which likely characters will you use the most?

Ertrick36

With the speculation and talk about FE characters that'll be in this game, I've thought a bit about which of the likely candidates I'd want to use.  People almost unanimously seem to think we'll at least get all the Fates royals, Lucina, Tiki, Caeda, and (obviously) all the other owners of the blades we saw in the trailer.

So from that pool of characters (and others you think are likely), which do you think you'll be using the most/maining?  And for what reasons?  Do you simply like the characters, or do you think they'll play better than the others?  Or do you think you'll give everyone equal time?

I'm thinking I'll probably be fiddling around with fliers just to see how they'd play, and then moving on to using mostly Marth and his family.  If Hector or Ike get in, I'll probably be putting some time into using them as well, as I always like playing heavy hitters in these kinds of games.  I might also see about playing a sword and magic user, like Leo, Robin, or Celica.

Ike, of course! He's my big hero. <3

If Elincia doesn't make it in, Freddy and Ryoma will be my second most used. Ryoma for sure if Freddy also doesn't make it. I pray that all four are in tho! Freddy could represent Jagens, and Elincia the Pegasus classes.

Edited by Anacybele

Soren, Lyn, Lucina, Edit Officer (it's a staple feature in certain Warriors games and would most certainly fit in FEW), Lethe, Black Knight, Hector, Ephraim, Robin, Siegbert, Owain, Inigo, Noire, Sue, Lilina, Validader and Marcus.

They're amongst the characters I'd most like to use anyway. I'd definitely see myself using a custom character the most because that's just typically how I am, though Lyn, Lucina, Soren, Robin, Owain, Lethe, Black Knight and Ephraim would probably be amongst my top choices based on unique fighting styles and the requirement to mix things up in combat with each of these characters having a wide array of versatile options to use.

15 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

@Light Strategist

If there's a CaC, I'll probably just make someone from the series that I like who isn't present in the game.

Or as close as possible since exact replicas are never allowed in these kinds of things.

• 2 weeks later...

If there's a healer in the game, I'm probably maining them. Elise, L'Arachel, Maribelle, Brady, Elincia, Forrest, and Adean/ Aideen/ Edain are some of my favorite characters in the franchise.

Mages are second priority. Odin's at the top of the list, but Nyx, Celica, Miriel, Sanaki, Lilina, Cecilia, Nimue, and Pent are pretty high up there as well. Never Micaiah, though. I despise her (sorry, Micaiah fans).

Archers that aren't Takumi, Manaketes that aren't Nowi, Laguz that aren't Lyre, Dancers, and Pegasus Knights will definitely get the old college try to see if I enjoy playing them. Also any female Cavaliers that make it in, i.e. Sully or Mathilda. And a lot of other female fighter-types, come to think of it... I'd definitely play the hell out of Charlotte, for example.

And of course, any of the many hot husbandos who may not fit my playstyle but who I will need to take out for a test drive anyway. Y'know. As you do.

I'll generally make use of all the characters, just to test out their move sets and level them up as I'm a completionist. However, of the characters likely to be in, I'll probably end up using Robin or Leo (particularly if he stays mounted) the most. If the battle system uses the team/swap formation, I'll probably have a designated character that I use as "mentor" when I'm leveling up weaker characters on higher difficulties who will likely be either mounted or ranged in some manner.  

4 hours ago, Luninareph said:

If there's a healer in the game, I'm probably maining them. Elise, L'Arachel, Maribelle, Brady, Elincia, Forrest, and Adean/ Aideen/ Edain are some of my favorite characters in the franchise.

Definitely gonna at least give 'em a try, especially if they're Maribelle, L'Arachel, Brady, Forrest, and/or Serra.

4 hours ago, saisymbolic said:

However, of the characters likely to be in, I'll probably end up using Robin or Leo (particularly if he stays mounted) the most.

I don't care if they turn him into a prancing troubador or a hulkish fighter, I've gotta give our favorite Tomato Prince a fair shake.

Chances are I'll use anyone who falls under the umbrella of my favorite classes, Dark Mages / Wyvern Riders. Hoping for GBA Dark Mages the most, but knowing that most of them aren't that popular I'll settle for Tharja/Henry/Odin. Any wyvern rider would be cool with me. 

Honestly...

Probably Chrom because I'm boring. Playing the crazy characters sounds fun, until you release how weird they feel to play.

Unless Yukimura's in. Because playing as a mechanist would be the best.

i would mostly play as mia,zihark,joshua, tana, saizo,gaius,ryoma,setsuna, nehpenee, lucius, canas, raven, hugh, inigo, severa, black knight

most of these would probably not be in the game but i am hoping for at least some of them

i also did not include main characters/lords because who wouldn't play them 

Edited by King of all Swordmasters

When playing Warriors games, I tend to use everyone... partially because I'm a completionist (everyone to max level... woo.) and partially because I've learned that initially unappealing characters can actually be pretty awesome.

My favorites in Warriors games tend to be characters with a ton of reach, so if Ephraim is in, I'll probably like him a lot as long as his moveset isn't overly stabby.

And speaking of long reach... here's hoping GBA!Generals will be incorporated in some way!

I'd probably main a dancer unit, since they'll probably get a really flashy moveset like the Qiao sisters, Koshosho, Diao Chan, or Zhen Ji.