"Is Female Robin good?"

Dr. Tarrasque

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Got Robin (F) to 5-star. Her base stats at all rarities are identical to Robin (M)'s. I'm going to guess that her final stats at level 40 5-star are going to be identical to Robin (M)'s also. If that's true, you're looking at

• 40 HP
  • 39 Atk
  • 29 Spd
  • 29 Def
  • 22 Res

with Groenn Wolf equipped.

We'll see.

Wow, swimming in feathers, huh.

If you're right, then without considering any Banes and Boons, she can ORKO Linde and M!Robin perfectly fine. However, that Attack is too low to deal with the likes of Effie, Sharena and even Azura. That definitely spells trouble for her usability.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Rallys get the full effect, regardless of unit rarity.  You'll need to keep Cecilia away from Robin, since you'll eat a lot of damage.

Kagero might work, again with Rally Resistance and maybe Olivia's Hone Attack on top of it.  If you can kill the axe guy before he attacks you, you're set.

Oh... OH -facepalm- yeah you're right... I'm thinking of the hone/spur/etc. skills OTL Might try running that with Marth, maybe, since he can make up for his lack of Eliwood's movement with Pivot and his Res is already decent I think (he's Str-/Res+ IIRC).

14 minutes ago, Dual Dragons said:

On Hard, my MVPs were actually melee! Marth with Robin's Spur Defense 3 tanked enough to activate Escape Route and both got out of there. Marth took the Axe down before so. Olivia danced for Camilla. Once there was two people left, Marth Escape Route'd to Camilla to kill someone and she cleared map. The only worry was the second turn where I had to think on where Robin and Marth had to go. Camilla has enough Res to tank the Red Tome and other attacks, despite mine being -HP.

Red/Green is best on this map. If anything, they just need the support from Dance/Hone/Spurs to clean house.

It's maps like these that I really love my Robin and Marth synergy.

Assuming your Robin is 5*... think this is doable with 4* Robin alongside 5* Marth....?

11 minutes ago, SHSL Ninja said:

If you're concerned about her Res, definitely, if you have anyone, that can rally her Res, maybe even her Atk too.  All you have to do is defeat that Axe guy and you're good.  You can do it!

And on the subject of F!Robin's usefulness, she does seem to be a bit of a somewhat weaker version of Julia, but her Tomebreaker could be really useful.  I don't think she can fare against M!Robin though since he's pretty defensive, but we'll have to see when people use her more often,if people use her more often.

Yeah, I got Cecilia... Running two units for hard support seems risky, but Marth/Kagero for offense and Cecilia/Olivia for support might be what I'll try... Though I can't help but wonder if it's more practical to have another offense unit in there...? Shrug haha I'll have to trial and error it a bit probably.

2 minutes ago, TEHPWNZOR said:

I'm not going to be a douchebag and tell people to strategize when summoning the right heroes is clearly the way to go. I've clearly experienced it 1st hand both clearing Narcian on hard last hour after summoning a Camilla and now F.Robin on my alt that may very become my main. 

I mean... arguably telling people to just summon the right units is the douchier move here since not everyone can get lucky and/or afford to spend money on the game. So...??

Just now, BANRYU said:

Assuming your Robin is 5*... think this is doable with 4* Robin alongside 5* Marth....?

It might be dependent on your Boons/Banes but the one point less of Spur Def shouldn't matter. The only thing Robin's doing in Hard is supporting Marth so I think it's doable with 4* Robin.

If I had enough Stamina, I would show how it went down. Keep in mind I had 4* Olivia and 5* Camilla so Hone Attack 3 and Dance is a factor.

10 minutes ago, TEHPWNZOR said:

Concentrate on strategizing rather than whining? You're talking as if I'm here whining because I can't clear the map, lmao. I cleared both the maps with Julia 5*, Seliph 5*+1, Tharja 4* and Kagero 4* 1st go. Yes, I did faceroll the map completely. Hence why I'm complaining since it's close to being 100% pay to win. I got 2 accounts, this one I facerolled the map on was made this monday. Hence, I've had the chance to use all gained orbs on this banner with good results. The other one was made day 2 and no matter how much I strategize I can't clear the map on hard because of heroes lacking. All my heroes are level 40 on that account too and put alot of effort and analysis and calculations throughout all their/mine stats/movements and all possible combos. Results always end up the same on that account; completely futile. Meanwhile, I completely faceroll the same map on my other account with this week's banner hereos without even trying. Highest leveled unit of mine there is lvl 37 too, lol. 

So, yes. I complain about it being completely utter bullshit map just like last weeks. Difference between last week is that I actually expected this to happen this time around so I made this alternative account just to see how it would do compared to my main account. The map is clearly designed for Julia to just go in and kill everyone while getting buffed by Seliph/Eirika/Ephraim. Of course, there are loopholes like Tharja who does extremely well vs F.Robin once Julia has tanked all the hits and killed half the map in one turn. Then there are other loopholes like Caeda who could easily replace Seliphs +SPD support skills if your Julia needs it, I happen to have her, like I also do on my alt account. Then again, having Tharja and Caeda in my opinion is too much asked for tbh. Both of them are "rare" and not everyone can get them. Same thing with Julia. 

I'm not going to be a douchebag and tell people to strategize when summoning the right heroes is clearly the way to go. I've clearly experienced it 1st hand both clearing Narcian on hard last hour after summoning a Camilla and now F.Robin on my alt that may very become my main. 

You see, what you basically prove is that map can be effectively done with banner units. It's no surprise and it's actually not worth discussing.

But your other claim (the map can't be effectively done f2p) is still to be proven. People here speak of Kagero being able to solo map too. The units in the game have massive amounts of buffs and position manipulating abilities. Of course in any random distribution of characters you get from orbs there will be "unlucky" combinations that don't allow you to pass the map. But I'm not sure it's even remotely provable that such combinations make up the major part of general distribution.

Edited by Avestus

11 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Wow, swimming in feathers, huh.

Happens when you pull as much as I do.

11 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

If you're right, then without considering any Banes and Boons, she can ORKO Linde and M!Robin perfectly fine. However, that Attack is too low to deal with the likes of Effie, Sharena and even Azura. That definitely spells trouble for her usability.

Robin (F) is guaranteed to be perfectly neutral, just like Narcian and all of the daily 1- and 2-star characters. Unless you're meaning the target characters.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

Happens when you pull as much as I do.

Robin (F) is guaranteed to be perfectly neutral, just like Narcian and all of the daily 1- and 2-star characters.

I knew about that, I was just too lazy to do math regarding the Banes/Boons for F!Robin's targets. I think F!Robin can't ORKO +Res Linde (whales don't run that but you'll probably see one eventually), since she barely kills neutral Linde, but I haven't actually ran any numbers with those.

14 minutes ago, Splondir said:

Found an easy way to beat hard if you have Camilla. Use a dancer to have her kill the sword guy right away. I also used Cecilia for rally resist but I doubt it matters.

Screenshot_20170223-031600.png

Wow, good job.

@TEHPWNZOR should see this - only Camilla is random-dependent here and you could get her from initial banner, you could even reroll for her. Which proves my point - good strategizing and using your uints well solves it unless you got some extremely unlucky case.

24 minutes ago, Splondir said:

Found an easy way to beat hard if you have Camilla. Use a dancer to have her kill the sword guy right away. I also used Cecilia for rally resist but I doubt it matters.

Nice! It's the exact same Camilla I have too. I didn't use Rally Res but she did get banged up a bit. Good job improvising.

32 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I knew about that, I was just too lazy to do math regarding the Banes/Boons for F!Robin's targets. I think F!Robin can't ORKO +Res Linde (whales don't run that but you'll probably see one eventually), since she barely kills neutral Linde, but I haven't actually ran any numbers with those.

Le'see... Linde [+Res] has 30 Res. Robin (F) has 46 Atk with weapon triangle advantage, so 16 damage per hit. Linde has 32/35/39 HP, so she'll only die if she's [+Res, -HP].

Linde [=Res] has 27 Res, so Robin (F) will deal 19 damage per hit, which will kill Linde as long as she isn't [=Res, +HP].

Robin (F) kills Linde [-Res] regardless of other stats.

59 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

I mean... arguably telling people to just summon the right units is the douchier move here since not everyone can get lucky and/or afford to spend money on the game. So...??

In what way is that a douche move? What I'm saying is that people may think that they're at fault because they can't strategize well thinking they are really bad at this game. When people tell them to "just" strategize and tell everyone how easy that map was completely ignoring the major factor why they even won in the 1st place to begin with. Like with Narcian, I lost count of how many people bragged how easy it was and putting down everyone else who couldn't clear the map while they all used Camilla... 

What I'm saying is that these Grand Hero maps are designed towards specific hereos and their attributes. Most of the time it's those that were in the banner, cashgrab. Of course, there are going to be plenty of loopholes because alot of hereos have similar skills. If you don't have the specific heroes the map was originally aimed for you have to find the heroes who performance simularly to the the featured banner heroes. 

I think I cleared the whole map on hard in 3 turns in total. I'll not brag, though. Because I realize more than anything that it was a matter of luck of the draw and not how well you strategize. 

54 minutes ago, Avestus said:

You see, that you basically prove is that map can be effectively done with banner units. It's no surprise and it's actually not worth discussing.

But your other claim (the map can't be effectively done f2p) is still to be proven. People here speak of Kagero being able to solo map too. The units in the game have massive amounts of buffs and position manipulating abilities. Of course in any random distribution of characters you get from orbs there will be "unlucky" combinations that don't sllow you to pass the map. But I'm not sure it's even remotely provable that such combinations consists the major part of general distribution.

The map can't be effectively done by F2P players. Maybe at 50% rating at most but not close to 100% depending on what heroes you've managed to summon. Like, on my 1st account I summoned hereos that can do really well on Narcian map but not that good on F.Robin map. Meanwhile, on my 2nd account I think I've managed to summon few of the best heroes possible for F.Robin map, outside the banner aswell. However, I don't think I'll be able to clear the Narcian map as easily on my 2nd account tho. So both of my accounts have a 50% rating so far because of the heroes summoned. I'll admit it, though. Narcian map allowed more options and I'd definetely consider it more of a strategizing because you could approuch it from different directions. F.Robin only have one entrance/exit with enemies waiting right outside.

Anyway, for people still struggling with the map I'll give you a few tips on how to clear F.Robin map. 

Rekommended: Strong green unit. When you go outside of the entrance you will get attacked by a blue mage, red mage was in rage but completely ignored me and let the blue one take his place. Then you will get attacked by the lance users. They will do less damage on you because of weapon triangle and last we have F.Robin. I don't remember if she's in range or not, though.

For green units I recommend:

Julia. Map is clearly designed for her and that's how I facerolled it. If you don't have Julia I think

Tomahawk can be a good replacement. He will be able to tank the blue mage, probably kill the lance users coming after him and tank F.Robin aswell. His special skill should active during that time too and deal massive aoe damage since everyone should be pretty close to him.

Hector? Should be very effective as he's very tanky in general and his counterattacks should more than enough to deal with everyone attacking him despite not having the movement. I don't know what order the AI will attack since I've never started at Hectors starting point before getting engaged.

Camilla? Could perhaps work but you need a workaround. The only way I could see her working is if you have a dancer on the team. You could start off by positioning the dancer and Camilla. Take Camilla one step into dangerzone then use dance on her. That way she should be able to reach and OHKO the mage infront of her and tank everything barely surviving. Once it's your turn again you need to retreat next to your dancer. Then use dance on Camilla again to get her inside a safezone because she's 1 hit from being dead. The main issue with this tactic is that you still have a blue mage at the top and F.Robin at the bottom to OHKO your dancer through the wall. A unit with pullback might help if it's possible to pullback the dancer in a safe zone. I've never tried and the wall is really tight. My Camilla is -Res so haven't tried. Perhaps if you buff her res all the hassle isnt needed.

Cecilia? I have absolutely no idea if she can actually tank everything at the very beginning because F.Robin is very effective against her. If she can survive with 1 hp you only need to use escape route and the game is on.

Red units: Few could perhaps tank the blue mage and lancers but I don't see it the game not reaching game over early unless the unit has an escape route skill. 

Recommended: Lyn, Fir, Lon'Qu, Lucina, whoever can just go in and OHKO F.Robin really fast soon as she's baited out and the lancers and optionally blue mage is taken care of. 

Blue: I can't think of any good for this map. M.Robin could easily take out the blue/red mage but those are probably already taken care off. In my calculations the lancers/mage dies 1st. Then there's 1 mage(color varies depending on who you took care off/F.Robin left 

Edited by TEHPWNZOR

18 minutes ago, Avestus said:

Wow, good job.

@TEHPWNZOR should see this - only Camilla is random-dependent here and you could get her from initial banner, you could even reroll for her. Which proves my point - good strategizing and using your uints well solves it unless you got some extremely unlucky case.

Camilla is a banner hero. That's exactly my point. You can't re-roll for her now as her banner is gone leaving her with very low rates to get. If you're going to re-roll now you might aswell get the better and easier option, Julia. 

3 minutes ago, TEHPWNZOR said:

Camilla is a banner hero. That's exactly my point. You can't re-roll for her now as her banner is gone leaving her with very low rates to get. If you're going to re-roll now you might aswell get the better and easier option, Julia. 

She's a hero from the first banner ever and that's a big difference. Your point was that you should take heroes from current banner. But the game proves that those from old ones are still perfectly viable. And while with orbs depleted chances of getting Julia can be low, chances of ever getting Camilla (since the start of the game)  are way higher. 

Okay, for the sake of discussion - what are your gold/silver heroes on main account? I really don't believe that with free Olivia and Cecilia (who give you attak and res buffs if needed) there's no way for your roster to clear the map.

Edited by Avestus

I managed to beat the normal map with just Sheena. Hard mode is just impossible for me at the moment. Not even Sheena can tank that much magical abuse. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

17 minutes ago, Avestus said:

She's a hero from the first banner ever and that's a big difference. Your point was that you should take heroes from current banner. But the game proves that those from old ones are still perfectly viable. And while with orbs depleted chances of getting Julia can be low, chances of ever getting Camilla (since the start of the game)  are way higher. 

Okay, for the sake of discussion - what are your gold/silver heroes on main account? I really don't believe that with free Olivia and Cecilia (who give you attak and res buffs if needed) there's no way for your roster to clear the map.

I know I can clear it as I completely missed out I still had Cecilia. Was pretty sure I had sent her home for feathers as she had boon/bane against her when checking her lvl 5* in potential. Camilla being -RES really gets wrecked by those mages. Anyway, the reason is because of the banner 5* heroes none the less. Which, happened to be one of the few best possible heroes in those banners available for the quests. Let's say if I rolled Roy instead of Camilla and Eirika instead of Julia I wouldn've been beyond screwed on my accounts. I say this as it's extremely hard to roll those compared to other heroes available. Even when I get them they get really bad boon/bane. Lyn being -ATK/RES. Camilla being +DEF/-RES. Robin is +SPD/-DEF but I made him from 3* and had 2 other Robins to choose from so wouldn't really consider it to be as much of a RNG luck but more about me and how I play because I don't think alot of people level 3x Robins to 4* to level 20 just to see the best possible IVs before going for 5*

That being said, my alternative account suffers the same despite being the more lucky account when it comes to draws. Caeda is -SPD/+HP, Julia is neautral. Seliph is +1 but both of them were bad. Sheena I don't even remember but I recall it wasn't awesome but not bad either. Tharja at 4* that I summoned I'm really happy with. She turned out to be +SPD/-DEF which is by far the only and luckiest pull I've got despite being 4* and needing alot of feathers. She alone is the sole reason I even touch my alternative account. I really like her, tbh.

Too bad my Lyn ended up being really bad because she's my #1 favorite character but with my luck I couldn't just reroll until I got her with good IVs. I had to settle with being able to get her at all.

The map is not that hard tbh, I actually dealt with it with my Lilina(obtained since day 1 through rerolling) and Azura(she only dances so Olivia works the same).

I dont know why people complain that you cannot pass it as a F2P player when rerolling is possible, "But I dont like to reroll" well then just dont complain about not getting X unit because in theory anyone that spends its time from the beginning can get 2 or 3 good units from the start, like the game has thrown around 200 orbs atm for free, 10k free feathers and getting 1.5k or 2k from arena is doable a week+arena quests , so as long as you pull a decent 4* mage you can upgrade it and pass the map, which with around 100 summons I dont think there is someone that has pulled 100 3* Virions in a row, heck you can use Cecilia+ Olivia at worst(which doesnt involves Orbs at all).

Also, I think RobinF has some potential, maybe not in the current meta but having a super effective weapon against a certain type of unit does give it a niche, especially if in the future more cavalry units become a threat.

Edited by Roxachronc

3 hours ago, TEHPWNZOR said:

Heroes you can get for free no matter how hard the map is to clear will never be good compared to the heroes you can roll. Let me repeat, they'll never ever be able to compete with summoned heroes. This is the kind of game it is. Whale to win.

Say that to Sharon/Sharena.

one of the very best units in the game, and you don't even have to clear any map for her!

I'm a f2p player and I beat hard mode with 5* Roy and Lilina and 4* Sakura and Olivia.

Send Roy as bait and he killed the axe wielder in enemy turn and took damage from mages. Then I retreat and left Roy on the door, Lilina as support behind, Sakura healing in distance and Olivia danced to double heal with Sakura. With that strategy I killed every one one by one.

Screenshot_20170223-121036.png

The female Robin has what is currently a unique weapon and thus will always have a niche for the moment. Wait for another infantry unit with access to Gronnwolf to be released before evaluating whether she is worth raising or not.

I'll still get her, but I think that Nino, Merric, and Cecilia are still better. Merric has Excalibur, which can one shot powerful fliers (e.g. Camilla, Minerva, Cordelia), and he also has a-o-e skills. Nino has Gronnblade, which is very powerful, and Drag Back is good for repositioning. Cecilia has high Magic, Resistance, and Mobility, as well as Rally Resistance.

F!Robin just isn't that viable right now due to the lack of mounted units in the current meta. The only ones I even see are Cain, Abel, and on rare occasions, Leo.