"Is Female Robin good?"

Dr. Tarrasque

At first I tried to use Camilla, being pushed two squares by Bartre to reach the red mage as soon as possible. It didn't work since level 40 5* Camilla didn't deal enough damage to it without buffs. (Hard Mode)

How I managed to beat is like this, though it is not an impressive strategy: Wrys, Caeda (both as supports, 4*), Hector (40, 5*) and... also brought Camilla along, though she didn't really do much.

-Prepare Hector to get in enemy range, with Caeda next to him to buff his Res with her passive.

-Buff Hector's speed to try to avoid being double while he has the Res buff and send him into enemy range, he got rid of several mages and just by counter and he received no damage from the physical units (unlike Camilla, who was tankier against mages but received damage from all).

-Hector survived with 1 HP, Wrys used rehabilitate to bring him back to full HP (Wrys was the key to victory back at Narcian's map thanks to Rehabilitate too).

-I did send Camilla too to attack the enemies remaning since she could deal with them, but let them suicide on Hector would have worked well enough too.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually had a really easy time with this compared to everyone else. I just used Fae and put her up north of the crossroad, Then i had Lyn and Takumi deal with everyone else after Faes attack drop took effect. I thought i was going to struggle... But it turned out to be alot easier then i possibly imagined.

5 hours ago, BANRYU said:

Managed to beat Narcien's map on hard, so I think I can probably manage this one too. Curious as to what other people are using for it.

I ended up just having res-boosted (+7, from Cecilia and Anna) Ryoma take 4 dudes out at once on EP, then fed lancer to Anna. 

While I didn't exactly find it a walk in the park, it was pretty straightforward with a little bit of strategising. I tried hard mode first and just about did it with 4hp left on Camilla. After getting rid of that initial red mage, I think by pushing Camilla forward with Roy, and then just taking it out, she was able to tank somewhat well, but obviously not just steamroll the map. I of course had to pull her out of the range of some units, block paths and whatnot to keep units alive. The blue axe unit did nothing to her, and Robin I think initially did 10 and then only did 4 afterwards. I may be confused there or remembering it wrong. The 10 may have been the green axe. The point was that Robin didn't do a whole lot of damage to her. My main issue was the blue mage, only because it managed to have its skill ready, and that made things more complicated than they could have been. Otherwise, it wasn't too difficult for me.

Anyway, my team was Eirika, Camilla, Roy and blue Robin, all 5* level 40.

Edited by Frenzify

Easy map for me, Linde one-rounds Green Axe (-Atk, but with Eirika's buff) while up top out of range of Robin(F) and kills Blue and Red mages on enemy phase. Blue lance and Robin(F) are baited closer. Next turn Linde kills Blue lance and Eirika is danced to reach Robin.

Narcian's map was harder, but even then I think it could be done with free characters and the 10k feathers. Sharena to aggro, Wrys/Olivia from special maps for support. And some archer/Red for Narcian. I imagine there's some combination of common/free characters that can handle this map. An initial thought is Felicia+Wrys+Olivia+someone. Or take advantage of the free Cecilia's Rally Res, etc.

Not too impressed with Robin(F) though. Will likely keep trying to pull a good Nino for my feathers, or any Julia. Or wait for Veronica. >_>

I think I got nature screwed because Robín is super slow and can't kill anything at all. She won't be good, just like every green unit.

5 minutes ago, L9999 said:

She won't be good, just like every green unit.

Hey man, Julia is positively stellar. 

Also fwiw, the free daily unit Felicia at about level 30 (which in tower should take you about two runs of your 50 Stamina to pump up your free 2*) has enough res to tank basically every magic attack there is if positioned adjacent to the water tile.

Edited by Elieson

11 minutes ago, L9999 said:

I think I got nature screwed because Robín is super slow and can't kill anything at all. She won't be good, just like every green unit.

Special characters like F!Robin and Narcian don't have "natures" or individual values., if I'm not mistaken.

Edited by Water Mage

I did the Hard level on the first try with 5* Marth, 4* Nino, 4* Serra and 3* Olivia.  I used Marth to draw them in and take out the axe guy, then from there it was tricky positioning in the back.  There were a few points where one wrong move would have meant failure, but it wasn't too bad  (unlike the ridiculous Narcian map).

As for the character, she looks like a definite bench warmer for sure.  If you can beat this map then you have way better characters than this.  Which was the problem with the Narcian map too...they really need to rethink these things.

I completed this map on my first go with Roy, Lyn, Cain, Merric

Roy went into the breach first and tanked all of the magic (He's Res Boon so he had about 50% HP afterwards. Anyone without a Res Bane Roy should be able to have him tank there), then I had Merric/Lyn/Cain carefully pick off characters while never stepping pass where Roy had been. They were all able to eat a couple of magic attacks, and Merric took out the blue spear guy over the wall.

My problem with Robin, is that her skillset and stats make no sense, unlike Narcian who is much better IMO (and not a worst Camilla as people think). You've got Tomebreaker (B) when you're above 50% HP, but Defiant Res (Res +7) when you're under 50% HP, so they will almost never stack (unless you're exactly at 50% HP) and her Res sucks, so she's always terrible against Mages (like Odin). She has low Atk, meh speed, so she's just very good against mounted blue mages that are absent from Arena, but that we met quite often in solo modes (as AI, but they will disappear when you'll reach the last stratums of the training tower). She'll be probably good against Blue Cavaliers too, but not that much compared to better Green units. Her only assets are her "unique" Tome and Ignis.

She's a pain to level up too.

Edited by Brand_Of_The_Exalt

Like Narcian before her she's kinda a niche unit, personally I like the anti-cavalry mage idea (though she's probably worse than Raigh at this).

Funny how female Robin & Corrin have the weapon advantage over their male counterparts.

8 minutes ago, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:

Blue Cavaliers too

Jagen and Sully are the only two here. Granted, All-Cav teams aren't bad and this could work out in a pinch but Sully's already losing to green with her Sapphire Lance and doesn't need Robin to do work that basically any green could do. It'd be nice against [blue] Jagen, who's a staple on teams but has fairly high res when paired with [green] Gunter especially.

No wonder it's not possible for me to beat this map. If everyone is using only 5 star units at high levels, I'm wasting my time. I still have no 5 star units. It's not fair. I could really use more mages since male Robin sucks... I don't have many green units either.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

I still have no 5 star units. It's not fair. I could really use more mages since male Robin sucks

FWIW, Female robin's stats appear to be identical to Male robin's, just with a weaker weapon that's effective v Cavalry compared to MRobin's slightly stronger effective v colorless. Other than their weapons and colors, they're basically the same unit.

1 minute ago, Elieson said:

FWIW, Female robin's stats appear to be identical to Male robin's, just with a weaker weapon that's effective v Cavalry compared to MRobin's slightly stronger effective v colorless. Other than their weapons and colors, they're basically the same unit.

For all I know though, the female Robin I get could have a better bane and boon. My male Robin appears to have a shitty one.

2 minutes ago, Elieson said:

Jagen and Sully are the only two here. Granted, All-Cav teams aren't bad and this could work out in a pinch but Sully's already losing to green with her Sapphire Lance and doesn't need Robin to do work that basically any green could do. It'd be nice against [blue] Jagen, who's a staple on teams but has fairly high res when paired with [green] Gunter especially.

There are generic soldiers too, but yeah, Jagen has a high Res, so she's not that good against him either, not much better than a good green for example, so her usefulness is rather limited indeed. She can struggle with Green Cavs too, but you better bring Raigh in that case, or a good Red. So she's not even that good in her niche, unlike Narcian, especially since you can't predict if a unit is mounted or not, whereas you know if he wields a Lance or not.

She's unique, that's all. And maybe they'll release grand heroes later, so we don't know.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

For all I know though, the female Robin I get could have a better bane and boon.

Event Map characters (like Narcian) i believe are confirmed to not have +/- natures, meaning that while MRobin can have varying stats, FRobin should not.

These should be F!Robin's ending stats at 4* (for 2000 feathers)

0d43a7e5d0.png

1 minute ago, Elieson said:

Event Map characters (like Narcian) i believe are confirmed to not have +/- natures, meaning that while MRobin can have varying stats, FRobin should not.

0d43a7e5d0.png

Hm. Then maybe I'm still wasting my time after all. I don't need anymore slow low res characters.

Just now, Elieson said:

0d43a7e5d0.png

I believe her ATK is actually 39 from the pictures I've seen. It's identical to M!Robin (neutral), but she has -1 ATK compared to him because of their tomes.  

Just now, Birdy said:

I believe her ATK is actually 39 from the pictures I've seen. It's identical to M!Robin (neutral), but she has -1 ATK compared to him because of their tomes.  

Good point; i forgot that these stats account for tome mt.

4 minutes ago, Elieson said:

0d43a7e5d0.png

This site seems to have bugged stats for 4* units, it displays their max stats at 5* instead.

Edited by Brand_Of_The_Exalt

1 minute ago, Birdy said:

I usually have that problem aswell =P. Also, isn't that the 5* Robin actually

Interestingly enough:

c18a6c7144.png

25033b27a4.png

I guess these 4* Stats are showing 5* stats...how odd.

Here's someone who 5*' 40'd Robin!F via Reddit though:

ced227d108.png