"Is Female Robin good?"

Dr. Tarrasque

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

No, I'm saying you probably need 5 star units to do maps like the hard version of female Robin's.

It should be doable with a 4 star. Just need one with high res and not pathetic defence. In one turn they have to tank 3 magic attacks and only one physical. If you can do that you've basically won at that point.

5* Roy did it easily, I'd think a 4* Roy would be able to. 4* Nino should be able to as long as somebody that gives defence in some form is beside her. 4* Caeda should be able to do it, same with Sheena and Camilla. If somebody is borderline, if you have Rally Res or Spur Res that would most likely make up the difference for your tank.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, TheNiddo said:

It should be doable with a 4 star. Just need one with high res and not pathetic defence. In one turn they have to tank 3 magic attacks and only one physical. If you can do that you've basically won at that point.

5* Roy did it easily, I'd think a 4* Roy would be able to. 4* Nino should be able to as long as somebody that gives defence in some form is beside her. 4* Caeda should be able to do it, same with Sheena and Camilla. If somebody is borderline, if you have Rally Res or Spur Res that would most likely make up the difference for your tank.

The only thing you mentioned that I have is Caeda and her defense and attack power are shit. I don't know why anyone would recommend her for anything.

22 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

The only thing you mentioned that I have is Caeda and her defense and attack power are shit. I don't know why anyone would recommend her for anything.

She has the absolute highest Res out of every Red unit in the game, and is fast enough to avoid getting doubled by every unit on their team (doubles several of them too).

Sounds like your team is lacking in power, meaning you need to chip the enemies safely before you can just roll in with Fred/Olivia/whoever else you're using, or draw them in to tackle them in one of the halls on your side of the map. Caeda should be able to do bait them without dying in return. Does not matter if her defense and attack power are shit, because none of the 1-range people should be hitting her (so she could have 0 defense and this would work) and her attack only lets her do things like rush in and smoosh F!Robin and the Axe guy later.

Palla could probably do this too (I'd need to know her Res), at 4* level...27 i'd guess, or 3* level 33, and her Wings of Mercy skill could easily let her run and hide and never look at battle again. Robin wouldn't hurt her at all, 

*Before you say "But Frederick is super powerful and can beat them all up in one hit" or something of the like, it's gonna be a lot easier if you lead them to fight on your terms, in one of the corners, where you could even stick a healer like the freebie Level 1 Wrys (who could significantly help even, for this strat).

Edited by Elieson

@Elieson IIRC there's no way to put someone in range of the mages without being in range of at least one of the two physical units as well, so being able to tank both is necessary, I believe.

Edited by BANRYU

22 minutes ago, Elieson said:

She has the absolute highest Res out of every Red unit in the game, and is fast enough to avoid getting doubled by every unit on their team (doubles several of them too).

Sounds like your team is lacking in power, meaning you need to chip the enemies safely before you can just roll in with Fred/Olivia/whoever else you're using, or draw them in to tackle them in one of the halls on your side of the map. Caeda should be able to do bait them without dying in return. Does not matter if her defense and attack power are shit, because none of the 1-range people should be hitting her (so she could have 0 defense and this would work) and her attack only lets her do things like rush in and smoosh F!Robin and the Axe guy later.

Palla could probably do this too (I'd need to know her Res), at 4* level...27 i'd guess, or 3* level 33, and her Wings of Mercy skill could easily let her run and hide and never look at battle again. Robin wouldn't hurt her at all, 

*Before you say "But Frederick is super powerful and can beat them all up in one hit" or something of the like, it's gonna be a lot easier if you lead them to fight on your terms, in one of the corners, where you could even stick a healer like the freebie Level 1 Wrys (who could significantly help even, for this strat).

Not just Freddy, there's also Palla, Sharena (she actually has the highest attack of all my units), and Hawkeye for some good power. I just need more levels. I might try for female Robin again later, if only for pretend shipping with Freddy lol.

Also, baiting doesn't work, because the enemies don't move until you're in their range. I tried it, trust me.

18 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Because she's Res Bus and she can at least contest the Axe that's at the chokepoint.

Anyways, taking this from the "Post your Main Team" thread, where you posted your roster:

Spoiler

Capture_2017-02-23-17-27-59_zpsjghobxv8.

As a thing, people tell you to get 4*s of units because 3*s aren't cutting it except for story purposes and 5*s are too expensive unless you're whaling. If people ask you to research units, you can use gamepress (website) to look up stats, character details, and the IV calculator people are passing around. Here's the IV calculator. They seem to factor in the highest weapon tier obtainable in the rarity in the Attack. I personally think they should go raw Attack but their calculator, their way. Here's a reference: according to the calculators, 4* Robin averages 150 for stats. 5* Robin averages 160 for stats. 3* Robin would probably be similar by losing 10 stats across the board. So if you can, come back with what you think M!Robin's IVs are and provide his actual stats. He doesn't have +stat skills to further mess up the calculation.

Out of your roster, Caeda is one of the best at current levels. Olivia helps people escape or move in for kills. Jagen's high in Res but you don't have him leveled up. Anna leans on the side of Res but, again, you don't have her leveled up. You've sent other free units that would've helped (Cecilia, Felicia, and I know you had Niles one time).

You have some power in Sharena and Frederick but their Res is bad for this map. I'd tech in Olivia and/or Caeda. Caeda probably needs some grinding if you're going to try her out. If you're having trouble with that set-up, you probably need to grind. Narcian's map was known for using recommended levels people couldn't pass with, so it might be the same case for you.

@BANRYU Congrats!

46 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

@Elieson IIRC there's no way to put someone in range of the mages without being in range of at least one of the two physical units as well, so being able to tank both is necessary, I believe.

Its only one physical unit (green axe), as the blue knight moves too slow if you go to the upper trigger point.

@AnacybeleCaeda has amazing res, good speed, and has colour advantage against the one physical unit she'll be forced to run into. She's not there to kill them: she's there to force them to move by triggering them. Can retreat her back afterwards and use Rally Speed + Fortify Res to allow her allies to deal with the now oncoming enemies. You shouldn't dismiss her as a possibility. When I used Roy, he only attacked once the whole map. He was there to tank for exactly one turn, nothing more. Caeda, if she has enough levels, will do the exact same thing and offer more support when not tanking.

Hawkeye would be a horrible choice due to his speed. Higher-than-expected res or not, 22 speed (at 5*, 4* might be like, 20 tops) will just get him slaughtered trying to deal with that wall of enemies. Sharena's Res is horrible (22), won't work. Palla's res is... okay but I don't know if it will cut it. At 5* Caeda has 8 more Res at level 40.

Also baiting is moving a unit into enemy range and letting them absorb all of the hits, then have your allies move in the next turn. Which is exactly what we're telling you to do, because that is required to beat the map. Hence the recommendation of high res units with non-crap speed. You're focused too much on killing power, that isn't the issue its a bunch of mages most of the units on the map are squishy. The only difficultly is finding a unit to survive 4 mage attacks + 1 Axe attack in one round.

Maybe for that map in particular, Caeda would be fine, but notice she's lower level than most of my other units. I have trouble getting her levels because she can't deal damage or take hits for crap. She gets killed too much, making leveling her a pain.

Also, I never had Felicia, so I could never have sent her home.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Maybe for that map in particular, Caeda would be fine, but notice she's lower level than most of my other units. I have trouble getting her levels because she can't deal damage or take hits for crap. She gets killed too much, making leveling her a pain.

Caeda has an Armorslayer, meaning that she'll completely dominate green armors, and has a fighting chance against red ones (assuming that you have a healer handy).  In the training tower, try this:

1. Find a non-blue armor (have Freddy beat those up).
2. Use Sharena's Rally Attack on Caeda.
3. Preview the armor's damage - if Caeda can survive the hit, leave her in range of the armor.
4. Clean up when it's your turn.

This also works against non-blue mages.  Keep her away from blue units, high-damaging red physical units, and arrows, and she should get some experience to her name.

Just now, eclipse said:

Caeda has an Armorslayer, meaning that she'll completely dominate green armors, and has a fighting chance against red ones (assuming that you have a healer handy).  In the training tower, try this:

1. Find a non-blue armor (have Freddy beat those up).
2. Use Sharena's Rally Attack on Caeda.
3. Preview the armor's damage - if Caeda can survive the hit, leave her in range of the armor.
4. Clean up when it's your turn.

This also works against non-blue mages.  Keep her away from blue units, high-damaging red physical units, and arrows, and she should get some experience to her name.

Nope. There were instances where she could do very little damage even to armors. Sometimes NO damage. Remember that they have high defense. A healer really is the only option I have, and even then it probably won't work all the time because they don't heal much damage.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Nope. There were instances where she could do very little damage even to armors. Sometimes NO damage. Remember that they have high defense. A healer really is the only option I have, and even then it probably won't work all the time because they don't heal much damage.

But not all the time, right?

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Also, I never had Felicia, so I could never have sent her home.

Olivia with Hone Attack. Matthew for debuffs. Any of your higher-leveled units (preferably slow, decent attack, or de-equipped). I would ask how you're training your units since I've been able to get a -Atk Shanna from 3* to Level 40 4*. Raising Caeda and raising -Atk Shanna I would think would be similar.

Felicia is a character map unit, so then you never did her map. Hers was rotated in yesterday.

1 minute ago, Dual Dragons said:

Olivia with Hone Attack. Matthew for debuffs. Any of your higher-leveled units (preferably slow, decent attack, or de-equipped). I would ask how you're training your units since I've been able to get a -Atk Shanna from 3* to Level 40 4*. Raising Caeda and raising -Atk Shanna I would think would be similar.

Felicia is a character map unit, so then you never did her map. Hers was rotated in yesterday.

I actually had her alongside Matthew much of the time and his debuffs really didn't make much of a difference now that I think about it. But maybe I was using them wrong.

I know her map was rotated in yesterday, I just didn't want her.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Stats are not equivalent to each other, so losing or gaining those points in specific stats can make a large difference.

For example, [+Spd] Robin (M) cannot be double attacked by Takumi without buffs or debuffs active, whereas [=Spd] Robin (M) will be double attacked by [+Spd] Takumi and [-Spd] Robin (M) will be double attacked by any Takumi that isn't [-Spd].

Similarly, [=Atk] Ryoma will never fail to kill Takumi in 2 hits, again without buffs or debuffs active and without healing, whereas [-Atk] Ryoma will fail to kill certain Takumi variants in 2 hits. Ryoma is also guaranteed to avoid being killed by Takumi in 2 hits with certain natures regardless of Takumi's nature.

Yes, it is entirely possible to get a particular nature on a character that makes them suck. (Whether the particular example is one of them is up for debate; there's no need to bother with specifics here.)

Furthermore, because certain stats have a +4 or -4 on a positive or negative nature, it's entirely possible that one defensive combination dies whereas another survives with 1 HP in a particular match-up simply by trading Def and HP modifiers, for example.

I acknowledge the difference those natures can make.

However, at the current moment where Ana is evaluating units based on her feel and impression of a unit of getting "sucky IVs" despite not even knowing what they are at the current moment.

As you said, there aren't even any specifics to debate. Nor are the differences able to be compared without putting them able level 40.

It makes them sound like "Complain I don't have 5 stars first. Get around the situation later." Those IVs aren't definitely the only factor preventing them from beating maps. Her preconceived notions of unit value are.

Just now, Anacybele said:

I actually had her alongside Matthew much of the time and his debuffs really didn't make much of a difference now that I think about it. But maybe I was using them wrong.

I know her map was rotated in yesterday, I just didn't want her.

After the enemy has their turn, Matthew's debuffs go away. So say if the enemy just moves, they disappear. It's better to fight them on your turn. If Caeda is under Olivia's Hone Attack 3 and the enemy is under Matthew's Steel/Rogue Dagger, that's a seven-point difference, meaning only the tankiest of units can stand Caeda's assault. Caeda should be dominating any map with non-blue Tomes, provided she has boosts if you're attempting higher stratums.

Too bad your Alfonse isn't 3* since he has Spur Atk 1. Spurs stack unlike Hones/Rallies. Drawback, of course, being that you need to be in a particular position while Hones/Rallies mean you can spread out. So Fred's Fortify Defense 3 and M!Robin's Spur Defense 1 grants a total +6 if M!Robin's next to her in combat. If Alfonse was 4*, Hone Attack 3 and his Spur Atk 2 is +7 Attack if he's next to someone going into combat. Think if you had the perfect set-up and Matthew debuffed an enemy. That's a 10-point difference. Except blues and any really tanky units, I highly doubt Caeda wouldn't be able to take out someone given her massive Speed over many units.

Well, it was a perfect time for Felicia. Oh well.

I managed to beat the map earlier today. I used 5* Lyn, 5* Abel, 4* Kagero and 4* Cecilia.

Turn 1 was essentially a dead turn to set up positions.

Turn 2 I had Cecilia Rally Res. Lyn and then Lyn baited the two units in the upper choke point.

Turn 3... I don't recall exactly how it played, but I pretty much set up the units so that each one was hit once in enemy phase so that everyone managed to sponge one hit.

Turn 4 was basically clean up.

I beat it on both normal and hard on my first try. Team was a 4* Nino, 4* Felicia, 4* Olivia, and 5* Eirika.

For hard mode, Nino got buffed by Eirika and then took out the axe guy. Then I sent Felicia next to her. They managed to survive the onslaught of mages, and Nino even took out the red mage when he went after her. On the next turn Felicia finished the blue mage and F!Robin and Nino took out the spear dude.

15 hours ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

As a general rule, gacha games will never make free characters as good as characters you have to pull for, to incentivize you to pull for the better units. And yeah, sure, Nino and Julia are superior green mages, but there's no guarantee of ever pulling them while there IS a guarantee of getting F!Robin. And so this is good for those people without a Nino or Julia. 

Again, Say that to Sharon/Sharena

Totally free? Check

Amazing skillset? Check

Amazing stats? Check

I would've cleared the hard version of the map... had Roy had 1 more speed to avoid being doubled by the blue mage. And I can't keep him glued to Marth or Eirika. And I don't get a good flier (my best is fkin Florina) or Kagero. At least I still get Rehabilitate!Lissa, but she's greatly undeleveled.

3 hours ago, Wen Yang said:

Again, Say that to Sharon/Sharena

Starts at 2* and requires an ungodly amount of feathers to get to highest potential? Check. Don't get me wrong, Sharena is awesome, and the retweet event helped get her to 4*, but it's still quite an investment to unlock that potential. Ditto for Alfonse (highest attack out of everyone, yo) and Anna.

EDIT: I actually beat Hard Robin map just now. I did by leveling Roy until he no longer got doubled by Blue Mage then parking him in front of the pit. Lissa and Olivia moved to the top where mages couldn't get them. Roy tanked Robin and the blue mage, counterkilling an axe guy on EP. On the next turn I moved him bahind the walls where only one mage and one melee guy can attack him, healed him with Lissa, then got Lissa back to safety with Olivia. After that it was pretty much "lance guy attacks, gets countered, Robin scratches for 2, Lissa heals, gets dragged back by Olivia, rinse and repeat". Had it not been for idiot mages deciding to move in front of Roy, I wouldn't have won. It took 5 stamina pots, but I won) The 4th guy (Eirika) didn't even need to do anything, but I guess her buffs helped Roy ORKO the axe guy.

But yeah, Dance!Olivia's value is insane.

Edited by Kruggov

Yo, I just beat female Robin's hard map. I'm going to say, I got INSANELY lucky with my team. But even I was able to find a way to do it. This was my strategy.

Lumi says that I have a +spd -HP Takumi, and this was a big issue for me because he would just barely die to the axe fighter and his resistance isn't good. I deployed Eliwood (3-star at level 32 with spur res 2), Linde (5-star level 21 with fortify res 2), and m!Robin (5-star level 40 apparently +spd -atk) alongside Takumi.

I let Takumi sit next to Linde to get the boost from fortify res 2, and then I moved him into the enemies' maximum range (the chokepoint). Then I moved Eliwood right behind Takumi so I could take advantage of his spur res 2. Robin and Linde hang back, but ideally you'll want them in a position where they can reach any enemies that are not dead in the following turn. Takumi gets hit by f!Robin and one of the mages and the axe fighter. If I'm not mistaken, he KO'd f!Robin and the axe fighter (he has close counter) and left the other mage that attacked him weakened. The lance fighter and the red mage moved in closer. Takumi survives with 1 HP. I then move Eliwood to chip the red mage, and Takumi moves one space up and finishes that guy off. I then move Robin to the space where Takumi was to finish off the mage Takumi didn't kill on the EP. Since m!Robin is at full health, he can eat a hit from the lance guy and no one else is in his range. After Robin eats an attack on the EP, you're pretty good to go from there.

Edited by Sunwoo

20 hours ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

As a general rule, gacha games will never make free characters as good as characters you have to pull for, to incentivize you to pull for the better units. And yeah, sure, Nino and Julia are superior green mages, but there's no guarantee of ever pulling them while there IS a guarantee of getting F!Robin. And so this is good for those people without a Nino or Julia. 

What about Merric?

1 hour ago, Canas said:

What about Merric?

I'd put Fem!Robin and Merric on roughly equal terms.

Both have more defence than res, both have so-so attack and speed. Merric has more HP, a tome effect that I would rate as being slightly better, and an AoE. Fem!Robin has B Tomebreaker and Ingis. 

They're both pretty much just sitting there waiting for the right meta. But in the right meta they would be what Male!Robin is now, though slightly less so in the case of Fem!Robin due to not having IVs and thus not able to end up with more speed (which she would really want).

15 hours ago, TheNiddo said:

I'd put Fem!Robin and Merric on roughly equal terms.

Both have more defence than res, both have so-so attack and speed. Merric has more HP, a tome effect that I would rate as being slightly better, and an AoE. Fem!Robin has B Tomebreaker and Ingis. 

They're both pretty much just sitting there waiting for the right meta. But in the right meta they would be what Male!Robin is now, though slightly less so in the case of Fem!Robin due to not having IVs and thus not able to end up with more speed (which she would really want).

But seriously, when will the meta not be OP, 50+ atk sword users?