Xander coming soon???

Shiro

Does anyone else think Xander from fe conquest will be the next grand hero battle? According to text they hint that next battle will either be a blue mage or mounted unit and seeing the pattern I think it will be Xander. Any insights on this?

Edited by Shiro

I doubt we'll be seeing Xander for a while. His exclusion so far is basically plot related, as he's willingly serving under Veronica presently.

Judging by the wording, I imagine the next GHB will be a blue unit, being either Ursula or Camus.

Edited by Sentinel07

Also, isn't Xander a red unit? Even if he's mounted, I think the effective against and WTD would cancel out each other. So I highly doubt they would release Xander after saying F!Robin is a counter for the next GHB.

EDIT: Nvm, it apparently results in Atk x 1.2! Thanks to the poster below for correcting me.

Edited by Minischew

Well, I could see Ursula also getting advertised as being good against the Grand Hero that would come after her, meaning that said Grand Hero would probably be Xander.

If nothing else then between Raigh, the female Robin and Ursula we'd have at least one character with each of Raudrwolf, Gronnwolf and Blarwolf as their weapon.

Speaking of the female Robin, did the enemy one from chapter 4 (or at least the version(s) of her that has a tier 3 or higher weapon) have her weapon changed to Gronnwolf(+) with this update?

Edited by RedEyedDrake

3 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

I doubt we'll be seeing Xander for a while. His exclusion so far is basically plot related, as he's willingly serving under Veronica presently.

Judging by the wording, I imagine the next GHB will be a blue unit, being either Ursula or Camus.

Yes. I really want Camus.

19 minutes ago, Lushen said:

My moneys on Camus.  Acc't the wiki he's already in the Japanese version.

Hmm, he's another blue cavalry like Ursula, so that does fit the hint as well, just not quite as directly.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Hmm, he's another blue cavalry like Ursula, so that does fit the hint as well, just not quite as directly.

I'd say it makes more sense, if F!Robin's just like M!Robin stat-wise.

If that's the case, then F!Robin will have more DEF than RES, making her better for taking physical hits and thus taking on physical-attacking opponents, and she's a magic attacker, so she'd probably be better fighting a physically-oriented blue unit like Camus than she would be against a magically-oriented blue unit like Ursula. So I'd bet that Camus is the next Great Hero Battle.

I wouldn't mind being wrong tho. Ursula would be neat too.

Just now, ILikeKirbys said:

I'd say it makes more sense, if F!Robin's just like M!Robin stat-wise.

If that's the case, then F!Robin will have more DEF than RES, making her better for taking physical hits and thus taking on physical-attacking opponents, and she's a magic attacker, so she'd probably be better fighting a physically-oriented blue unit like Camus than she would be against a magically-oriented blue unit like Ursula. So I'd bet that Camus is the next Great Hero Battle.

I wouldn't mind being wrong tho. Ursula would be neat too.

The thing is that f!Robin has Blue Tomebreaker. That played a big role in guessing Ursula, but I'm inclined to trust any data-mining over that.

Just now, Othin said:

The thing is that f!Robin has Blue Tomebreaker. That played a big role in guessing Ursula, but I'm inclined to trust any data-mining over that.

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about that! And she gets Defiant RES too! She'd actually be pretty alright at handling Blue mages too! F!Robin could be really useful against Ursula!

Still, if datamining says Camus is next, then I can't mind too much. I've seen Ursula before, but I really just forgot about her after beating Battle Before Dawn. Camus interests me tho, IIRC he shows up in a few FEs, yeah? And he has a super-lance in Gradivus(Gradvius?), which could be useful for taking on the endless swarm of Red units, which would be nice.

1 hour ago, Lushen said:

My moneys on Camus.  Acc't the wiki he's already in the Japanese version.

I don't see anything that hints at such.

The game runs on single global server, so events and updates hit all regions at the same time. The Japanese news feeds and articles have time stamps that line up perfectly with the updates in the West.