Female Robin Special Map - Discussion/Tip

Ryuke

kagero --> top-most square of the 3 vertical squares beyond the choke to kill the axe unit

enemy turn: the mages kill themselves on kagero

2nd turn: kagero kills the lancer, lyn/ryoma/any red unit w/ solid spd gets boosted in by azura/ophelia to kill robin

i don't recall entirely b/c i did this so quickly, but it may be possible to just have kagero handle this entire map (after killing the lancer w/ kagero, robin would probably suicide herself on kagero, and kagero probably had enough hp to take 1 more hit)

Edited by ZXApocrypha

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roy and Camilla completely wrecked this map. Add Olivia so they can attack more/travel further and this was a cake walk. Not sure if my units are just fitted for this particular map or its a step down in difficulty compared to the Narcian Map.  

4 hours ago, Ryuke said:

4* Fir?

Yep.  She was Level 33 so I'm gonna try and get her to at least level 35 and definitely train Olivia up (the annoying thing about unlocking a unit's potential is it drops them to Level 1 and honestly ranking up to 5* wasn't very worth it for Olivia

I've been having some trouble with the hard version of this map. My Takumi unfortunately seems to be -HP, so even if I rally defense him and put him next to Eliwood for spur res, he just barely dies (by 1 HP!!!) to the green axe fighter. M!Robin gets doubled by f!Robin, so that's not good for me either. I have an untrained Lyn, though, and I've heard people say that she should be able to tank everything here. Hoping that it'll be enough to get through this map.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

I've been having some trouble with the hard version of this map. My Takumi unfortunately seems to be -HP, so even if I rally defense him and put him next to Eliwood for spur res, he just barely dies (by 1 HP!!!) to the green axe fighter. M!Robin gets doubled by f!Robin, so that's not good for me either. I have an untrained Lyn, though, and I've heard people say that she should be able to tank everything here. Hoping that it'll be enough to get through this map.

If you feel like it, take pics of the rest of your units!  There's a lot of interesting strategies being thrown around!

Can't post pictures, but here are some units that I have:

5-star Lyn (level 21, currently training)
5-star Alfonse (level 34, speed and res are likely too unreliable to do anything)
3-star Eliwood (level 32, useful for spur res)
5-star Takumi (level 40, but -HP makes him die)
5-star m!Robin (level 40, gets doubled by f!Robin)
4-star Oboro and Tsubaki (levels 30 and 29, probably not going to be useful here)
5-star Lucina (level 14, haven't really done anything with her yet)
4-star Olivia (level 22, dancing)
4-star Nowi (level 20, haven't really used yet)
3-star adult!Tiki (level 1, haven't used at all)
3-star Felicia (level 20, haven't really used yet)

EDIT: I do have a couple of other units, but they don't seem practical for this map, and/or are too underleveled)

Edited by Sunwoo

8 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

5-star Alfonse (level 34, speed and res are likely too unreliable to do anything)
4-star Oboro and Tsubaki (levels 30 and 29, probably not going to be useful here)

EDIT: I do have a couple of other units, but they don't seem practical for this map, and/or are too underleveled)

Hmmm. . .can Takumi survive if he has Rally Resistance + Eliwood right behind him?  I have a terrible idea.

4 hours ago, Ryuke said:

Risky for the lance guy. Which chokepoint did you go... (There's 4 ... possible one... middle in ... middle out. top .. bottom.) My Roy 25 res w/o any boost went to the top... and survived with 9hp in the first round. (Or was it 17 hp ... lol and i forgot)

Not at all. Ryoma doesn't need to fight the lance guy. Ryoma stands right in front of the water (mid-in I guess? it's like, right on the edge of the danger zone smack in the middle)  and just uses his range counter to kill all 3 mages in one go and give 0 fucks. Lance guy moves closer, but doesn't reach him. Anna steps in and punts lance guy.

9hp sounds about right---17 HP is how Ryoma ended up with with 21+7 res, a Ryoma with 21+4 (just Rally Res) would have 8 hp left.

Edited by Thor Odinson

17 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Hmmm. . .can Takumi survive if he has Rally Resistance + Eliwood right behind him?  I have a terrible idea.

He probably would survive in that case, but the problem is that I seem to have no one with rally resistance.

I agree with the Kagero clearing things up by herself. I have a 4* Kagero and with dancer help, could get rid of the Axe unit and the mage besides him. Used Nino to draw back Oliva to safety and just let the remaining mages along with F Robin kill themselves on Kagero in the enemy phase. Next turn, finish off the lancer unit and then it done.

15 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

He probably would survive in that case, but the problem is that I seem to have no one with rally resistance.

Did you pick up Cecilia on the free maps?  She has it!

14 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Did you pick up Cecilia on the free maps?  She has it!

Sadly, I don't. I think that on her day(s) I wasn't playing Heroes or something.

Nevertheless, I have a plan and I'll let you know if it works!

I used my current team of 4 stars at lv. 28-29: Freddy, Hawkeye, Palla, and Sharena. Hawkeye baited and tanked those attacks like a friggin BOSS. Then it was just a matter of who should attack who after that. Hawkeye's Growing Light and Sharena's Rally Attack were helpful too.

...Wait, Hawkeye is also on the Battling Robin focus banner. Damn it, why didn't that hit me earlier? xP Oh well, at least I figured it out. lol

11 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Bro, you have 2 five stars sitting there doing nothing. Lyn on this map is a major key if you have anyone with spur/rally/fortify res. Another issue is no ax user which is why Anna is there cause she solves both issues. If you put lyn on the first tile she takes no damage from Robin, and 10 damage from the blue and think a little less from red. If you leave Robin behind the wall he can surprise raven the red tome and an arrow user can get chip on anyone on the other side of the wall at the bottom so lyn and Anna can wipe everything. That plan all depends on having those heroes high leveled at decent stars so if you don't have them that high then I don't really know what to tell you.

Takumi single-handedly took out everyone on normal without any buffs or dances.

On hard I used Lucina and Takumi as attackers, Olivia for Dance, and Sharena for Rally Attack.  Takumi focused on the left and Lucina focused on the right.

I already finished the map this morning. Apparently no one wanted to post after me so that I couldn't post an update without double posting or editing.

Double resistance buffs from Eliwood and Linde saved Takumi so hard.

EDIT: Either way, the key to beating this map (and probably any other challenge maps) is to strategize and to think outside the box, and most importantly to consider using units that you haven't used at all. There's so much that characters outside your "core team" can do, and sometimes you will need to use them. Deciding against using theme entirely because "you hate them" is only setting yourself up for failure.

Edited by Sunwoo

So I need some serious help. Got a friend who really wants Robin, but he hasn't beaten the main story yet and we only have a few hours a day to play the game.

Currently the team I'm building for him is Lon'qu, Nino, Palla and Olivia (all 4 star). All are Level 20~23 right now.

Is there any way we could do the Level 25 map in time?

Right now, I am hoping to somehow fluke it with Nino and Olivia support. Palla is there to take out Robin and Lon'qu to bait the physical units just in case.

Other possibilities include Arthur, Virion, Sophia and maybe Jagen if I can somehow train him from Level 2.

I even tried a last-ditch summoning, but got junk 3/4 star units. Poor guy can't catch a break it seems o__o

Edited by VincentASM

Finished the map on hard this morning too! I'm a bit late to the party but here was my strat: 

I don't have any good Dagger user and my 5* Jakob has been sitting on the bench for now). But I had to rely on Julia  as a green mage user (I suppose Nino could work too if she has high ATK, at least 27 SPD since the axe user has 26 SPD and high RES, but I haven't trained her yet, so I can't tell, other like Cecilia or Merric just didn't work) and Seliph (Caeda for Rally Speed or Palla equipped with Spur Spd 2 if your magic user has 28 SPD are safer but I didn't level them enough as I did Seliph) Olivia and Elise (Serra is actually safer with high ATK/RES and unmounted but I wanted to train Elise since my Serra already hit lvl40. Don't have Sakura or Maria so can't tell either)

Personally, I had went with Julia since she's the only mage I have capable of doubling and killing the axe user (though with the help of Seliph's Rally speed) and resisting the two other mages' attacks and almost killing them (slightly above 5 HP left each)

Then I healed her with Elise and put her above the water spot with the blue tome user above her and the red tome user on the right, and made her attack lance user who was below the water spot and finished him with Seliph (I remember he had some Hp left but even if he died, just leave Seliph on the left of the lance user's last position). Meanwhile, I had Elise was able to move again thanks to Olivia's Dance, and finish the red tome user on Julia's left. Now the blue mage can't damage Seliph and and the blue mage can't and Julia has enough RES to withstand blue mage's attack (0 damage so not a threat) and Robin's attack who preffered to attack Seliph who barely survived.

If it can be of any help ~

2 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

So I need some serious help. Got a friend who really wants Robin, but he hasn't beaten the main story yet and we only have a few hours a day to play the game.

Currently the team I'm building for him is Lon'qu, Nino, Palla and Olivia (all 4 star). All are Level 20~23 right now.

Is there any way we could do the Level 25 map in time?

Right now, I am hoping to somehow fluke it with Nino and Olivia support. Palla is there to take out Robin and Lon'qu to bait the physical units just in case.

I even tried a last-ditch summoning, but got junk 3/4 star units. Poor guy can't catch a break it seems o__o

I'd say focus on Nino. One high-lv character would be better than a few substandard ones. Do you have any other units? Lonqu isn't very useful due to his low res. A healer might be useful or someone that can buff attack or res. 

9 minutes ago, Kiran said:

I'd say focus on Nino. One high-lv character would be better than a few substandard ones. Do you have any other units? Lonqu isn't very useful due to his low res. A healer might be useful or someone that can buff attack or res. 

Hmm, I gotcha. It's just a bit hard to level her separately since she's squishy.

Oh, I forgot we've got Maria who's Level 17 or so, but I swapped her out for Olivia since Olivia looks like a must for this map. I guess I could replace Lon'qu with Maria.

We may have Cecilia, I don't really remember. She's probably the 1 or 2 star one, so I don't remember if she has Rally Resistance or not ^^;;;

27 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Hmm, I gotcha. It's just a bit hard to level her separately since she's squishy.

Oh, I forgot we've got Maria who's Level 17 or so, but I swapped her out for Olivia since Olivia looks like a must for this map. I guess I could replace Lon'qu with Maria.

We may have Cecilia, I don't really remember. She's probably the 1 or 2 star one, so I don't remember if she has Rally Resistance or not ^^;;;

Well, I'd say that Cecilia is a bit risky on this map because she's mounted and might be redundant with Nino on a map with 3 different tome users. On the other hand, Sophia has Fortify Res (if she learned it), hich is imo just aweakerversion of Rally Res but not that different and WTA against Robin, minus the SPD/DEF and mobility, so you could use her to buff Nino while staying in the rear. and hurt Robin quite enough while taking less damage (as Cecilia would)

Using Maria to heal Nino as she (hopefully) storms the upper side of the map is also a good idea. But imo either will be much more useful than Lon'qu on this map.

Edited by Luxian

I'm getting frustrated. I haven't beaten the lv25 FRobin special map and every time I attempt with different peeps or different strategies, I wind up dying by the second enemy phase. Any suggestions or advice would be awesome. Attached are the images of my pool of heroes. The current team is one I'm considering training up. My main game team is Camilla/Nino, Alfonse, Lissa, and Corrin and they aren't able to do much of anything.

Screenshot_2017-02-24-15-45-36.png

Screenshot_2017-02-24-15-45-42.png

Edited by Gregora

So after complaining about it endlessly for days, I just handily beat the Hard version of the F!Robin map.  All I had to do was swap my placement of Lucina and Fir.  I put Lucina on the top and Fir in the middle to draw out the forces, Lucina also killed the Axe dude on her retaliation.  Then had Fir kill the Blue Mage with the help of her activation skill and Lucina kill Robin.  Finally, Cordelia came in and took out the Red Mage, then Olivia danced for her so she could take out the Lance dude.

Can't believe I couldn't figure that out.

38 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Bring both Maria and Olivia.  Maria gets Fortify Res, Olivia gets Hone Attack.  Give Nino a few more levels, and I think the map is doable.

7 minutes ago, Gregora said:

I'm getting frustrated. I haven't beaten the lv25 FRobin special map and every time I attempt with different peeps or different strategies, I wind up dying by the second enemy phase. Any suggestions or advice would be awesome. Attached are the images of my pool of heroes. The current team is one I'm considering training up. My main game team is Camilla/Nino, Alfonse, Lissa, and Corrin and they aren't able to do much of anything.

Reveal hidden contents

You've got your work cut out for you.  Your team should be Caeda, Nino, Lissa, and Camilla.  Change Caeda's buff to Fortify Res 2.  Level Caeda/Nino up to ~25 each.

Once you do that, have Nino wait next to Caeda for a turn, then have her walk in front of the water tile.  This should draw all three mages, whose damage will range from meh to trivial.  After that, use Camilla to take out the lance dude, and Caeda for general clean-up duty.  Lissa should hand out heals as necessary.