Inherit Skill Coming Soon

Oshimos

So, NoA just tweeted this:

There's no actual info on how it works, but presumably you're going to be able to give skills from one unit to another (probably by sacrificing the unit with the skill). So, get ready for Advanced arena to have 4 people who can counter at 1-2 range. :P

Edited by Oshimos

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Oshimos said:

So, NoA just tweeted this:

There's no actual info on how it works, but presumably you're going to be able to give skills from one unit to another (probably by sacrificing the unit with the skill). So, get ready for Advanced arena to have 4 people who can counter at 1-2 range. :P

I hope that's not what they mean, otherwise the game will be impossible without p2p. It sounds like a really cool idea at first but now I'm just worried. 

Well then, this looks interesting...

While I am thrilled at the prospect, this somewhat throws my current "min-maxing" plans out the window as I now need to make adjustments to accommodate this new addition. I also wonder how this will impact Arena play.

HOW INTERESTING

Imagines Close/Distant counter on literally everybody

Cries a little on the inside at prospects of having fun in the Arena with no Takumis or Hectors of his own

As long as the Counter skills aren't transferable (because I don't want to deal with Distant Counter Lucina), this will be interesting.  Oh, and healing skills, because who the hell wants to see a Hector that can heal?

Takumi better not get tomebreaker. Wished they released this a bit later though since I haven't finished polishing up my main team. Though it would be interesting to see lower tier units possibly not being so useless after all. Another good thing is that SP won't be so useless and just sitting there. This might make the arena tougher as units are now semi-customizable. 

I just want to say I called it before, not about inheriting skill per se, but the fact that characters could learn more skills on top of what they already have, since some having special artwork and not using it, there being 3 types of passives when heroes can only learn 2 max, and Nino's weapon that slows special countdown when she doesnt have one.

I also think that maybe it is not between characters but instead there is like a  "shop" for this, you pay 1 orb then hero gets the skill in his skill tree and then it needs to learn it through SP.

Edited by Roxachronc

15 minutes ago, Roxachronc said:

I just want to say I called it before, not about inheriting skill per se, but the fact that characters could learn more skills on top of what they already have, since some having special artwork and not using it, there being 3 types of passives when heroes can only learn 2 max, and Nino's weapon that slows special countdown when she doesnt have one.

I also think that maybe it is not between characters but instead there is like a  "shop" for this, you pay 1 orb then hero gets the skill in his skill tree and then it needs to learn it through SP.

I love the shop idea! But only if they restrict it like no counter skills or sing skills or rally speed etc etc because those are very rare and specific to certain heroes.

Hopefully characters will be limited to only learning skills of types that they don't naturally have access to. Like, for example, Sharena being able to learn an activation skill via this new mechanic but being unable to learn any new skills of the type that goes in, say, the "Rally & co." slot.

Edited by RedEyedDrake

This will be very handy for the higher tiers to give like Robin Sol. As long as you can also transfer the skills back...it'll be good!

Well...this looks interesting. 

18 minutes ago, Elieson said:

[Fujin Yumi]

[ ]

[Miracle]

[Distant Counter]

[Vantage]

[Wary Fighter]

CAN YOU FEEL IT COMING

Vantage & Wary Fighter are both B skills. Hopefully they won't break that.

I'm personally hoping for Svalinn Shield F!Corrin. Come at me, Falchions!

Edit: Running under the assumption that A, B, & C skills would be available, it'd also be interesting to see stuff like Wings of Mercy on Olivia/Azura/Healers, Death Blow, Darting Blow, or Life and Death on ranged nukes (Nino, Julia, etc.), Knock Back on ranged nukes, Quick Riposte on...anything, but especially slow things, Wary Fighter on slow things, Death Blow on Braves...I'm just gonna stop now, because I don't want to get overhyped before it's released & explained and my dreams are crushed.

Edited by LordFrigid
Possibilities

21 minutes ago, ZXApocrypha said:

oh dear. welp, i only have regrets merging heroes before this patch now.

That is something we could not calculate of the future. Just have to be more careful now who we can fuse and or send home. But...the more amount of time to invest for skill passing before sending junk unloved units home is something that the shards will come in handy for.

-----

@Ana

I would hate to have to see that too since it'll eat up your dueling crests when you lose alot. -.-

Hmm... Well, if we can pass down proc skills between units, then the first thing I'm gonna do with that is give my Nino Dragon Fang via free Sophia (or maybe Draconic Aura?), and maybe give my Roy Ignis via my extra F!Robin.
Also, wonder if we'll be able to put attacking proc skills on healers? Because I kinda wanna give my Lissa Luna. There's no reason behind this really, I just wanna try it out.

And maybe I could give Olivia Miracle or something, find out of Dancing actually lowers the cooldown like healing skills do.

And I could maybe put Seal ATK on Julia and Nino
That would be pretty helpful

The possibilities for this are endless, unless Nintendo puts limits on this. Which they hopefully will.

2 minutes ago, Elieson said:

[Fujin Yumi]

[ ]

[Miracle]

[Distant Counter]

[Vantage]

[Wary Fighter]

CAN YOU FEEL IT COMING

Yes, I'm feeling it.

I'm really feeling it!

IT FEELS AWFUL

I WANT TO STOP FEELING IT NOW

I like this idea that they are doing so you can do much more from your junk pulls especially if you've paid for them.

-Base Values

-Skill Passings

-Sending home for feathers.

Yeah. It's all good to make up for those not getting the more loved 5 star heroes.