Inherit Skill Coming Soon

Oshimos

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Thany said:

This could also be a chance to give units who didnt have skill activations their activations to hear their quotes. neato.

You could already hear them if you use the ckbplayer program. Such as Eliwood and Lilina.

7 hours ago, Raven said:

Not interested. I'd prefer it not be implemented if it can be abused by the whales to have overpowered units flood the arena.

I at least hope it will be impossible to change skills on existing units, and only possible to change those that are newly summoned.

I'm somewhat glad that the units giving up their skills will be unusable, but at the same time, I want my own units back that I've already sent home/merged.

So basically screw over all the whales in the game is what you want lul too funny good sir!

From Elieson's post on Serenes FP.

"Namely there will be certain restrictions; some skills cannot be inherited due to a clashing weapon type, clashing movement type or simply because they’re exclusive skills."

In terms of exclusive skills, wonder what's gonna qualify as that? Hector's distant counter, and Takumi's close counter, maybe? Or just the weapon skills?

Also would clashing weapon type mean you could only receive the skills from another sword user if sword... but an axe users skills are not usable?

Edited by ErrantDShepherd

1 hour ago, Shiro said:

So basically screw over all the whales in the game is what you want lul too funny good sir!

Why would it "screw over" whales? So what if they can't modify their currently owned units? F2P and light spenders wouldn't be able to modify theirs either, would they?

I'm just interested if we can give everyone dance now or let everyone obtain mend and heal away. There probably will be some restrictions and I don't think close counter is great for that many units. Most mage units in the arena can't take a lot of hits excluding Robin. Still imagine Fury Nino with miracle, fun~

On restricitons I think it's along the lines of the breaker skills as well as fortify X type of unit if the unit trying to get that skill isn't part of that type.

I see all these empty support and special slots. Honestly having the weakest link get dance or sing and Olivia and Azura are officially useless. Though I don't like how we might have to merge units to get these skills (I already have a limited number of units being f2p) I can see the logic behind it. Glad to see my hoarding instincts prevented me from sending anyone home. 

Edited by Kiran

I doubt they will do this to skills like Dance and Sing. I don't see why anyone would keep playing, when all their heroes become worthless at once? Other skills can have a terrible impact on the game aswell. I just don't see any way this could turn out an improvement to the game. We don't have much info right now, so let's wait for that, but atm; this sounds really demotivating =D

Edited by Armend

At the minimum, I'm assuming the following:

• Weapon skills (i.e. weapons) can only be transferred between characters of the same weapon type.
  • Exclusive weapon skills (e.g. Falchion) cannot be transferred at all.
  • Assist skills on colorless staff units can only be transferred to other colorless staff units.
  • Dance and Sing cannot be transferred.
  • Effective damage protection skills (e.g. Svalinn Shield) can only be transferred between characters of the same movement type.

I'm hoping there are restrictions to certain other extremely powerful skills. As much as I would love to be able to do it, things like Lilina with Swordbreaker would be pretty insane, even without touching the counterattack skills.

Perhaps only allow a character to receive a maximum of one skill (not like that would affect Lilina with Swordbreaker at all)?

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 hour ago, Raven said:

Why would it "screw over" whales? So what if they can't modify their currently owned units? F2P and light spenders wouldn't be able to modify theirs either, would they?

So basically all that money spent on +10 heroes and they cant get other skills on that hero?? you dream too much :) also what you said makes no sense at all really

1 hour ago, Shiro said:

So basically all that money spent on +10 heroes and they cant get other skills on that hero?? you dream too much :) also what you said makes no sense at all really

My heart bleeds for them.

I feel this is a stupid mechanic to put in. Depending on what restrictions there are to it, characters are going to become less unique and some will just become nothing more than fodder. One thing I like about gachas is that the characters tend to be unique in their own way, and can have their own niche, but this goes against that.

1 hour ago, Shiro said:

Last time I checked you guys(I take it you're one of the whales) spent your money to get all the exclusives in a short period of time, ahead of everyone else, so far ahead the F2P players will never be able to get to your current standing giving them a lifetime worth of playing. Light spenders(140~ orbs a month) wouldn't get close to your exclusives in 1 year of playing if you all stopped spending money all together from now. All of that which you got. None of you spent it to get these passover skills as they weren't out and nobody knew about it.

Game has been out for what, 3 weeks? Pretty sad, that's coming from someone who's had an account that was spent over 20k USD on another mobile P2W game called Taichi Panda. Whaling is what ruins the games. It got to the point in Taichi Panda where they made these things called Talismans, crucial items that revived you in PvP with 50% HP. Was only obtainable through cashing out and no other way around and that one single item cost exactly 1400 USD to make. That's when I quit. Because despite being maxed out they kept making more and more expensive updates to keep whaling which got more expensive every single update.

Now, every single whaling game I've either been on top at or have just played are literally dying out one by one because every single player are leaving only leaving the whales left on pretty much empty servers. Sure, they keep the games going but the servers and community on the internet forums are literally like in the ghost towns. 

Games like League of Legends have absolutely 0 P2W and is grossing more than any of these mobile games will ever do. Despite getting 0 advantage in the actual game by playing people are still whaling. I, myself have probably spent 3000 USD on LoL since 2013 so far. You still get to "stick out" by paying for exclusive skins etc. That's how games should be. That alone should be enough to support the company who made the game you enjoy playing.

People who who spend money only to get advantage over everyone else and will only support the company if they get to do exactly that, honestly suck. Really lame. 

Raven is just stating balancing facts. I do disagree with him, though. Some skills should be able to be passed down because every hero have atleast one empty skill to fill atm. However, it should be carefully done with huge restrictions. 

But hey, according to you. Why not give all the whalers one extra nuke button? Should be next to surrender saying "If you've spent 10x more than your opponent press this button and you win by default" when PvP is available. Since, you seem to think you deserve everything on a silver plate just because you've spent money on it. 

Edited by TEHPWNZOR

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

At the minimum, I'm assuming the following:

• Weapon skills (i.e. weapons) can only be transferred between characters of the same weapon type.
  • Exclusive weapon skills (e.g. Falchion) cannot be transferred at all.
  • Assist skills on colorless staff units can only be transferred to other colorless staff units.
  • Dance and Sing cannot be transferred.
  • Effective damage protection skills (e.g. Svalinn Shield) can only be transferred between characters of the same movement type.

I'm hoping there are restrictions to certain other extremely powerful skills. As much as I would love to be able to do it, things like Lilina with Swordbreaker would be pretty insane, even without touching the counterattack skills.

Perhaps only allow a character to receive a maximum of one skill (not like that would affect Lilina with Swordbreaker at all)?

What I am pretty sure is that Passive&Specials skills will be allowed to be inhereted at least from units of the same color, like the wording from Leo's Special that says ATK-DEF/RES mostly supports that physical units can have access to it.

I think that  Weapon skills will be untransferable.

Dance and Sing may not be as OP when transferred, since that just means that the unit cannot be danced also, with this into account I dont think people will run more than 2 max.

I dont think this will cause such a huge impact on things that are already OP(like Takumi), but mostly on units that have bad skillsets mostly because the units that are OP already have almost godlike skills.

I get the hype of Takumi getting Vantage, but Lilina getting access to Death Blow and the like seems more meaningful for me, since OHKOing him is just easier than it already is with her.

First off, I think its impossible for them to make the weapon skills inheritable.  When you 5* a unit and unlock their weapon, it changes their sprite to include their special weapon.  I'm not sure how this games assets work, but I doubt they will let you take X's sword and put it on Y unit because their sprite would be wrong.  

If they also restrict it so that their assist skills cannot be inherited, I would have no problem with this update.  A, B, and C skills are pretty generic so opening them all up to everyone wouldn't be an issue.

10 minutes ago, Lushen said:

First off, I think its impossible for them to make the weapon skills inheritable.  When you 5* a unit and unlock their weapon, it changes their sprite to include their special weapon.  I'm not sure how this games assets work, but I doubt they will let you take X's sword and put it on Y unit because their sprite would be wrong.  

If they also restrict it so that their assist skills cannot be inherited, I would have no problem with this update.  A, B, and C skills are pretty generic so opening them all up to everyone wouldn't be an issue.

MOST A, B, and C skills are generic.  Effie with Wings of Mercy is a terrifying thought.

1 hour ago, RedRob said:

I feel this is a stupid mechanic to put in. Depending on what restrictions there are to it, characters are going to become less unique and some will just become nothing more than fodder. One thing I like about gachas is that the characters tend to be unique in their own way, and can have their own niche, but this goes against that.

Yeah, this doesn't strike me as very appealing. Heroes has been really striking in how much of a better job it does of differentiating characters' abilities than previous FE games, and while that comes at the cost of restricting each character's own options, that's been shaping up quite well. So hopefully there are enough restrictions on this to not cheapen things.

Perhaps all weapons will stay character-specific? That'd ensure a fair bit of differentiation, even if it's not as much as before. I think we can safely assume that song/dance will stay character-exclusive and that healing skills will only be available to healers, and I think it's likely that similarly, the counter skills will be character-exclusive and the breaker skills will be restricted to certain weapon types. I've seen unusual breaker allocations on enemies, but that doesn't necessarily reflect on player options.

2 hours ago, TEHPWNZOR said:

Last time I checked you guys(I take it you're one of the whales) spent your money to get all the exclusives in a short period of time, ahead of everyone else, so far ahead the F2P players will never be able to get to your current standing giving them a lifetime worth of playing. Light spenders(140~ orbs a month) wouldn't get close to your exclusives in 1 year of playing if you all stopped spending money all together from now. All of that which you got. None of you spent it to get these passover skills as they weren't out and nobody knew about it.

Game has been out for what, 3 weeks? Pretty sad, that's coming from someone who's had an account that was spent over 20k USD on another mobile P2W game called Taichi Panda. Whaling is what ruins the games. It got to the point in Taichi Panda where they made these things called Talismans, crucial items that revived you in PvP with 50% HP. Was only obtainable through cashing out and no other way around and that one single item cost exactly 1400 USD to make. That's when I quit. Because despite being maxed out they kept making more and more expensive updates to keep whaling which got more expensive every single update.

Now, every single whaling game I've either been on top at or have just played are literally dying out one by one because every single player are leaving only leaving the whales left on pretty much empty servers. Sure, they keep the games going but the servers and community on the internet forums are literally like in the ghost towns. 

Games like League of Legends have absolutely 0 P2W and is grossing more than any of these mobile games will ever do. Despite getting 0 advantage in the actual game by playing people are still whaling. I, myself have probably spent 3000 USD on LoL since 2013 so far. You still get to "stick out" by paying for exclusive skins etc. That's how games should be. That alone should be enough to support the company who made the game you enjoy playing.

People who who spend money only to get advantage over everyone else and will only support the company if they get to do exactly that, honestly suck. Really lame. 

Raven is just stating balancing facts. I do disagree with him, though. Some skills should be able to be passed down because every hero have atleast one empty skill to fill atm. However, it should be carefully done with huge restrictions. 

But hey, according to you. Why not give all the whalers one extra nuke button? Should be next to surrender saying "If you've spent 10x more than your opponent press this button and you win by default" when PvP is available. Since, you seem to think you deserve everything on a silver plate just because you've spent money on it. 

We need to have more opportunities for the free orbs in a way to not get Nintendo to lose their profits. Like they should make every chapter  March onward getting three orbs as opposed to only one. The app login bonuses should be permanent.

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

MOST A, B, and C skills are generic.  Effie with Wings of Mercy is a terrifying thought.

Not sure if this gets you to lose your turn afterwards. But...should make it so that to not make it too ridiculous.

----

We do need restrictions since the arena is the source to getting our feathers.

Edited by PuffPuff

My preferred way of inheritance is that you can only write skills onto empty slots. Yes, meaning I can't have Death Blow M!Robin. Overwriting Defiant Speed takes away his uniqueness, even if it's not synergistic with my particular M!Robin.

- Some inaccessible how it would be lore-wise. Sharena with the Draconic series, since it implies dragon blood or having a dragon-like mount (Camilla).

- No weapon inheritance. Even if I want my (theoretical) Lazward to have Brave Sword, it makes sense for him to have Silver since Olivia does too. It's a nice touch that, while not optimal for him, gives it implied lore. Besides, pretty much everyone would be running Braves and hell no do I want to see Swords with Braves.

- Thankfully, they've already balanced Dance/Sing. You can't just put it on all your combat units since they'd become Dance/Sing immune.

- I'd agree somewhat with Othin on Breaker. I think it could be extended to colors that already have WTA over what they want to break. I don't know how it would be coded for Bowbreaker M!Robin since it might associate his color than his tome. Though it would be hilarious.

However, I'm a bit on the fence with this. On one hand, I find it good because there were characters without special skills but had special skill portraits in the game. On the other hand, the whales are going to have a ball. I guess that's the whole point but Arena is already hard for some people as is with the Takumi's and Sword's running around. Also would rather not get into a whaling discussion. While Blue Tomebreaker Takumi doesn't necessarily change how I would play my M!Robin, would it be more annoying? Yeah. 12 Damage > 6 Damage and I see double Takumi teams.

If the method of inheritance is like merging, good thing I kept most of my units! Just one Hana missing.

Just now, PuffPuff said:

Not sure if this gets you to lose your turn afterwards. But...should make it that to not make it too ridiculous.

Wings of Mercy and Escape Route is moving for the turn. They get to attack the same turn they warp.

1 hour ago, Lushen said:

All weapons have their own sprite, and the sprites in this game are modular based on rips of the graphics assets in the game. There is no issue at all with swapping out weapons for other weapons from a graphics standpoint.

inb4 children are introduced in Heroes

So basically Arena becomes Training Tower's Tenth Stratum V.2 ? Not sure I'd like it... It'd make the characters lose their uniqueness.

That said, I'm curious about how this will be implemented.