Inherit Skill Coming Soon

Oshimos

I am somewhat terrified. Imagine, say, M!Robin with Swordbreaker, doubling and ORKO'ing all red sword users. Julia with Wary Fighter, suddenly unable to be ORKO'd by Takumi or other mages. Brave users with Death Blow. Takumi with Death Blow or Darting Blow, or Vantage. Draug with Ignis. Seal or Threaten Atk on armored units. A pack of fliers all with Fortify Fliers and Svalinn Shield.

Oh god I am very terrified...

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Delfino said:

I am somewhat terrified. Imagine, say, M!Robin with Swordbreaker, doubling and ORKO'ing all red sword users. Julia with Wary Fighter, suddenly unable to be ORKO'd by Takumi or other mages. Brave users with Death Blow. Takumi with Death Blow or Darting Blow, or Vantage. Draug with Ignis. Seal or Threaten Atk on armored units. A pack of fliers all with Fortify Fliers and Svalinn Shield.

Oh god I am very terrified...

I mentioned in my post in general a team of 3 takumis with spur atk/spd with vantage and close counter and an Azura to bring it all together XD I knew this game was too good to be non-cater-to-whales. 

The Japan Twitter also tweeted. I can't read it but ran it through Google Translate. 

From the hero to the hero, a new function "Skill Inheritance" that can take over some skills is said to be added in mid-March. (The hero who handed the skill returns to the different world) Which skill will be handed over to which hero ... Also it seems fun spreading ♪

From the sounds of it, we pass skills by merging. Okay fine.  However we might not be able to choose which skill gets passed down. Which sucks because that means you basically gave up a unit for no reason. Already disliking this system. 

1 minute ago, Kiran said:

The Japan Twitter also tweeted. I can't read it but ran it through Google Translate. 

From the hero to the hero, a new function "Skill Inheritance" that can take over some skills is said to be added in mid-March. (The hero who handed the skill returns to the different world) Which skill will be handed over to which hero ... Also it seems fun spreading ♪

From the sounds of it, we pass skills by merging. Okay fine.  However we might not be able to choose which skill gets passed down. Which sucks because that means you basically gave up a unit for no reason. Already disliking this system. 

If it works like that then we have hope at last! Even so whales are just gonna eat this up like its endless pancakes at I-hop. Good thing it'll take a while to grind up the sp to buy the skills in the first place. Hopefully we can get our ranks before everyone has their vantage takumis sent out for blood.

28 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I mentioned in my post in general a team of 3 takumis with spur atk/spd with vantage and close counter and an Azura to bring it all together XD I knew this game was too good to be non-cater-to-whales. 

Oh god, why...

I can see my win streak in the arena getting slaughtered already.

This change really worries me.  I don't see this boding well for Arena.  I hope they limit the skills that can be passed, since it will basically be only units that can counter at 1 and 2 range being viable in Arena.  I've already tried to deal with 4 Takumi teams.  I don't want that being literally every team now.  The game seems to be balanced around units only being able to counter at either 1 or 2 range, but not both.  This just throws that out the window.

7 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

This change really worries me.  I don't see this boding well for Arena.  I hope they limit the skills that can be passed, since it will basically be only units that can counter at 1 and 2 range being viable in Arena.  I've already tried to deal with 4 Takumi teams.  I don't want that being literally every team now.  The game seems to be balanced around units only being able to counter at either 1 or 2 range, but not both.  This just throws that out the window.

There probably aren't as many takumis ou there as you think let alone multiple teams. Besides as long as you have a Hippo's butt ton of dueling crests we should be fine. 

Spoiler

Just to be safe, I've started making animal sacrifices to Anna so that the spirits are in my favor.

Edited by Arcanite

1 hour ago, phokingbeast said:

It will suck if you're level 40 characters will need sp to learn the skills

Lv 40 characters can still get SP through fighting other Lv 40s.

My Ryoma and Takumi are up to 1k unused SP since they're my arena mainstay.

Anyway I've fought vantage takumi in strat 10 towers before. They are not fun to deal with at all. Would not recommend.

Going off my current team, if I can inherit passives for empty slots I can see..

Ryoma (Defense) - Give him Vantage so even when on low HP and enemies try to attack him, he can still deal damage. Synergies with Defiant Attack and is probably best on Defensive teams.
Ryoma (Offense) - Desperation for kicks and landing 2 hits before the enemy has a chance to retaliate. This combines well with Defiant Attack. Alternatively, I could give him one of the Seal skills since he is my main tank & DPS.

Camilla - Swordbreaker to mitigate sword users killing Camilla easily. Seal skills can work (especially when countering Effie) but Wings of Mercy can be fun to surprise people.

Sharena - Desperation to land her hits before the enemy can retaliate when below 75% HP.

Ephraim - Distant Counter so ranged units can think twice before attacking Ephraim. Death Blow sounds good for him. Debuff the enemy with Seal or Threaten DEF, finish them off with Death Blow.

Nowi - Wary Fighter so she can tank better.

Takumi - I don't have him, but he has an empty "B" slot. Guess what's in B? Vantage, Quick Riposte, Desperation, Daggerbreaker, B Tome Breaker...
Of course, if it allows changing of skills for Specials, Assists, Passives, heck, even weapons, then things will become become insane very quickly. Soon, it will be less about individual heroes and simply "who has the best total stats and do we want an Infantry, Flier, or Cavalry unit?"

Honestly, I just see the Passives being inheritable and perhaps being restricted to empty slots. If inheritance is more free-form and even allows Specials and Assists, then I am somewhat worried about the overall meta and Arena play. Arena is especially concerning considering it is the primary source of Feathers for players.

Well...I know one thing. These are the skills I'd get to the characters...

Example...

Mag Users

-Tomebreaker

-Bowbreaker

-Counter Attack skill (Needed for 1~2 range)

Sword Users

-Lancebreaker(Can get from Arthur)

Lance Users

-Axebreaker

Still. The arena is going to be a harder grind soon and this will downright suck. >.<

Edited by PuffPuff

Ohoho, they're adding skill inheritance earlier than I thought.

I actually have a few ideas from the text dump.

Firstly, there will be limits to inheritance. Some skills can't be inherited due to weapon restrictions or movement type restrictions. Can't think of any examples though.

Another is that some skills can't be inherited since they're personal/unique skills. I'm assuming stuff like Takumi's Close Counter or Sheena's Svalinn Shield won't be leaving them.

6 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Firstly, there will be limits to inheritance. Some skills can't be inherited due to weapon restrictions or movement type restrictions. Can't think of any examples though.

Another is that some skills can't be inherited since they're personal/unique skills. I'm assuming stuff like Takumi's Close Counter or Sheena's Svalinn Shield won't be leaving them.

You have no idea how relieved this makes me.

Now excuse me while I put Spd +5 on Virion, so the only thing that will double him is a Brave weapon.  I have my priorities straight, I swear!

2 hours ago, Kiran said:

The tweet doesn't actually imply the skill passed down is random, what they meant was more like "I wonder what kind of skills we should pass down", to get people thinking and whatnot. Never trust Google Translate lol.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

14 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Yeah, I think this is how it will be implemented. To add on to this, I believe that skills on characters cannot be replaced, and the inheritance system will just allow you to fill in the empty skill slots.

Meanwhile, on Reddit, some people seem to think that they will be able to put dance on everyone. No idea why they would ever think that.

1 minute ago, Korath88 said:

Yeah, I think this is how it will be implemented. To add on to this, I believe that skills on characters cannot be replaced, and the inheritance system will just allow you to fill in the empty skill slots.

Meanwhile, on Reddit, some people seem to think that they will be able to put dance on everyone. No idea why they would ever think that.

So NO ONE can be danced!

On a more serious note, Dance/Sing inherently don't work with other units that have Dance/Sing, so I don't see what the big deal is.  Healing skills are more worrisome, IMO.

2 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Oh yeah, Sing and Dance. Those 99% fall under exclusive skills. I mean OIivia and Azura couldn't even pass down their dance/sing-related skills in their respective games.

5 minutes ago, eclipse said:

So NO ONE can be danced!

On a more serious note, Dance/Sing inherently don't work with other units that have Dance/Sing, so I don't see what the big deal is.  Healing skills are more worrisome, IMO.

Healing requires staff animations, which only healers have, so those should be locked.

So... turns out keeping ALL my characters was the right choice. Smart me.

I think you should be able to give only one skill to a unit and that's it, with Distant Counter and stuff obviously banned.

Edited by Orson

Defiant skills count as a buffs right? Cause +14 attack or +7 Atk +7 Speed nino sounds kind of tantalizing (not that getting her to bellow 50% hp is an easy task without her dying). Could also maybe push the goad and ward and other such abilities into more use. (I like the idea of robin + 3 super flyers)

But ya this sounds both very interesting... and very terrifying.

Edited by leingodf8

Not interested. I'd prefer it not be implemented if it can be abused by the whales to have overpowered units flood the arena.

I at least hope it will be impossible to change skills on existing units, and only possible to change those that are newly summoned.

I'm somewhat glad that the units giving up their skills will be unusable, but at the same time, I want my own units back that I've already sent home/merged.

5 hours ago, VincentASM said:

That still doesn't stop takumi from getting vantage or giving spur atk or speed to everyone on your team. Still glad there is a limit though.

Death Blow 3 (+6 ATK when initiating an attack) on any Brave weapon user is gonna be nasty.

Breaker skills on all sorts of units to let them 1RKO heros who normally check them.

Renewal 3 on tanks...

This could get really messy.

If you thought Takumi was bad now, you haven't seen anything yet. Just wait till we see Vantage/Desperation/Daggerbreaker/Quick Riposte/B Tomebreaker On Takumi.

Now Robin and Kagero can't counter him as effectively.

Ugh. Naga save us.