how do you deal with Luna?

GuiltyLove

Luna users typically have horrible MAG to work off of. You're probably working on killing Zoldam on the boat chapter, in which you'll want to just rush in with a high-avoid fighter like Slim Lance Florina, Javelin/Hand Axe Marcus or Iron Sword Matthew. The higher LUK you have, the better your Crit dodge will be, so Florina may be your best bet in many cases.

4 minutes ago, Elieson said:

Luna users typically have horrible MAG to work off of. You're probably working on killing Zoldam on the boat chapter, in which you'll want to just rush in with a high-avoid fighter like Slim Lance Florina, Javelin/Hand Axe Marcus or Iron Sword Matthew. The higher LUK you have, the better your Crit dodge will be, so Florina may be your best bet in many cases.

Yep I'm on that chapter. Doesn't Luna negate Res though? Florina doesn't seem to have that much HP :(

2 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Yep I'm on that chapter. Doesn't Luna negate Res though? Florina doesn't seem to have that much HP :(

It ignores Res, but has 0 Attack power. Your best bet is to either attempt to dodge it with dodgy characters, or just plow through it with a High HP character and soak up the hit. Florina should be able to survive a hit; you have 11 turns to beat your way there after all, and Zoldam doesn't move ever.

1 minute ago, GuiltyLove said:

Luna doesn't negate anything if it doesn't hit ;) 

Just make sure you finish him on your turn. Letting him have a go at hitting someone is pushing your luck a bit.

In the early game, mostly the boss of chapter 18, I just take my chances. He has a 5% chance of criting marcus IIRC, so I go for it.

Later in the game, like in Cog of Destiny, I just use my brave weapons to kill them before they can react.