Remakes

Metal Rabbit

How are they starting to realize they could make a bunch of money here in the west through remakes, when not one has ever hit the west in the first place o_O

I doubt we'd see a remake of Monshou or Seisen (FE3;FE4), as the Japanese already have their Virtual Console ports of said games.

Really? Not by much--the attention actually came after Americans got their first game. Anything before that is harmless curiosity, something where no people really gave a damn about the series other than two characters. The attention was for the two Lords, and that's about it. Really, if someone wanted to prove that wrong all you'd have to do is find someone curios about their trophy descriptions from Melee. You know, asking who the hell Medeus was, where's Aritia, perhaps Pherae, or some thing like that. Not where's my tiara and crappy Lord :/

If Nintendo wanted to sell American and European to franchise, specifically remakes, they wouldn't have removed the Monshou demo in the JAP version of Brawl. That is something to spark interest in the games.

The Chinese had a remake of Gaiden don in SRPGMaker I think. It's alright--I couldn't stand in inclusion of clicking for dodging and critical hits though. not sure if there's any location for its upload now :/

FE7's coming to the west was because of melee, and they obviously removed the game from the trials because they haven't officially translated it into english. The people who made the english patches were another party.

Of course the people behind the translation patches were of a different "party." Nintendo has nothing to do with fan translations and pirating :o

FE7's coming to the west was because of melee, and they obviously removed the game from the trials because they haven't officially translated it into english.

Fat chance Rekka (FE7) got in solely due to a cameo or two in Melee. Now, if it was Fuuin (FE6) I could see, as they could sell out on the appearance. The decision to bring over the series was more that the audience was ready for it, Nintendo felt, not that the interest was finally there. There was always interest.

The point was on the Monshou VC port was that if they did want to make money off a remake, they would have translated the three minutes of gameplay to get idiotic fanboys even more in a bunch in wanting Marth over. giving people an actual game is a hell'a'va method for getting people into wanting a series, as it's the actual game. Most customers aren't going to shell out their money for a game they've heard of only through an appearance in a other game. Saying that Melee was the reason for Fire emblem is like saying it was also the Reason for Animal Crossing. ti just ain't it completely, there's larger factors to take into account than something so menial as a new, random character who looks cool and hardly no background.

Remakes would be cool, but I'd be fine with simply getting the rest of the series on the VC. Also, if they remade every game in the series, that could end up delaying FE11 from coming out. I guess it would depend on how much time and effort they choose to put into the game though.

since FE1 is being remade, does that give hope to the others as well?

i would kill to play a modern version of FE4 on the Wii.

I don't see much hope. Remakes of more than one game in a series is rare for Nintendo, if possible.