Fire Emblem: Piano Collections

OishiiSushi

Alrighty all you lovely individuals~

I stumbled across this just now despite having heard news of it awhile ago, only now am I hearing any of the piano arrangements. As a pianist and aspiring Video Game Composer, I absolutely love this trend that happens with Video Games where they create a Piano Collections of pieces from the very game. It's lovely.

I can't give any review atm since I'm currently listening to it (and loving it even though I've yet to listen to all these songs from all the games) but I just wanted to share!

Here's the link to purchase the actual CD if you'd like, which I highly suggest:

EDIT:

This album is kinda cheating by having some other instruments with the piano, nonetheless it's GORGEOUS.

Also, the Gaiden rendition of the Main Theme is probably my most favorite arrangement of it. Fell in love with it after hearing it in the Shadows of Valentia trailer. There's also another version that's in minor but I can't find it at all. Anyhow, this album's take on it is great <3

Edited by OishiiSushi
Updating post

actually that song from gaiden isn't the fire emblem theme, it's the chapter 3 map theme

it just sort of has elements of the fire emblem theme

it is the same one that was at the beginning of the echoes trailer though

6 hours ago, unique said:

actually that song from gaiden isn't the fire emblem theme, it's the chapter 3 map theme

it just sort of has elements of the fire emblem theme

it is the same one that was at the beginning of the echoes trailer though

Ahh, I keep getting the title of the new 3DS game mixed up, it's echoes, my bad my bad.

On the matter with that piece though, in music there's something called motifs or leitmotifs. It is indeed the Main theme of Fire Emblem with slight variation to it. A game that makes use of motifs and leitmotifs real well is Bravely Default where you hear similar tunes replayed with variation in instrumentation as well as arrangement of the melody, etc.

But yeah, gonna stick with what I learned in music and stick with the fact it's the main them, just re-arranged.

Edited by OishiiSushi