Changing Mounts On Promotion Really Doesn't Bother Me

Jotari

Do you take issue with characters changing their mount upon promotion?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Do you take issue with characters changing their mount upon promotion?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sarcastic Neutral Answer

Personally, I would say I "take issue" with it so much as I just generally don't do it. I just usually feel the character fits better with their original mount, which is sort of the same reason why I generally don't use reclassing that much.

5 minutes ago, RedEyedDrake said:

@Dragrath:

Well, yes. I realized that from the beginning. I simply wanted to further explain the point that Aca brought up. Though, I'll admit that I actually prefer the tetrapodal design for the wyverns. Being hexapodal is reserved for the actual dragons, as far as I'm concerned.

Aye I have to agree with that myself(though it is worth pointing out that some games lore states the dragon mounts/Wyverns were degenerated dragons) I would honestly feel better with them being separate. Though I guess this is a bit of a tangent. XD Also You misspelled by name its Dragrath a compilation of "Dragon" and "Wrath" crafted in my younger years...

Well back on topic One of the main issues with the promotion to different mounts is that they tend to be affiliated with different countries affiliated with different mounts almost exclusivly In that case it shouldn't be possible to spontaneously reclass or promote into that class without explanation...

@Drag:

I'm aware. However, the versions of the wyverns that have a movement stat of twelve are also tetrapodal. So I have no problem with that one dragon type being tetrapodal (though, the only hexapodal Archanean dragon types are the Fire and Divine Dragons to begin with while the Ice, Mage and Earth Dragons as well as the 12 Mov wyverns are all tetrapodal) if that is what it takes to keep the other wyverns (as in, the one's used by the Macedonian Dragoons) as tetrapods.

Edited by RedEyedDrake

Now I kind of want to see a chapter set in some kind of Wyvern training grounds where all the wyverns on the continent are trained and sold. WIth wild wyverens in cages that you can break free to wreak havoc on the enemy (and the potentially the player).

Edited by Jotari

5 hours ago, RedEyedDrake said:

@Dragath:

Well, yes. I realized that from the beginning. I simply wanted to further explain the point that Aca brought up. Though, I'll admit that I actually prefer the tetrapodal design for the wyverns. Being hexapodal is reserved for the actual dragons, as far as I'm concerned.

To be fair, the Japanese class name for Wyvern Rider is "Dragon Knight", so while there is a distinction between Manaketes and the "Wyverns" humans can ride, they are in the same family of "dragons", as humans are to primates. Inb4 "If wyverns come from dragons, then why do we still have dragons!?"

I like the 4 legged variants (Elibe and Radiant Dawn especially) myself.

On 2/26/2017 at 8:39 PM, Jotari said:

Now I kind of want to see a chapter set in some kind of Wyvern training grounds where all the wyverns on the continent are trained and sold. With wild wyverens in cages that you can break free to wreak havoc on the enemy (and the potentially the player).

That would be quite interesting It reminds me of the chapter in RD where you sabotage a Begnion camp. That would probably be a fun chapter :D Bonus points if it features secondary objectives and the like Be free Wyverns! Freeee! *ROAR* crap that one seems to be an alpha.. *Whoosh* I thought they couldn't breathe fire?

*no they can it is just you can't make them do it on command so its useless on the battle* 

Well uh sabotage is complete so perhaps we run... now? 

Or at least something along that line of thought XD

Yeah, I loved that chapter in RD. I loved letting the horses out. Too bad there was a turn limit...I had to focus more on burning the supplies and I could only free like 2 horses.

Wyverns in my headcanon don't breathe fire, but they spit acidic venom. I'm pretty sure in most myths of wyverns, they're two legged and two winged dragons with either poison stingers on their tails or venom like rattlesnakes. So that's what I picture. Used to prefer the ones with arms but now I don't.

The venom can melt skin and corrode metal to a certain extent, so the support where Cherche talks about Minerva "burning" her works.

Yes, because it's not consistent at all. Plus, plenty of FE characters have named their mounts(Mostly wyverns), and it just feels wrong for a character to ditch an animal for a different one like that. Imagine Heath ditching Hyperion for some nameless griffon like he would in FE14.

Edited by Slumber

haha I thought I was the only one thinking about this. I usually do not change the mount on promotion because, well, I don't know how to put it,but...back then I once promoted Vanessa into a Wyvern Knight but had an uneasy feeling about it when I was using her, it feels different. So I reset the game  and since then, I never changed mount when doing class promotions. HAHAHA :Syrene:

I'm okay if the new mount is of "the same kind" as the original one, i.e from white pegasi to dark pegasi or standard wyvern to whatever Camilla's riding. But other than that it wouldn't make any sense.