Arena Fun - Could you kill four Hectors?

Katrisa

I was thinking today after some PvP about how unbearable four Hectors or four Takumi would be to fight.  As a number of folks have mentioned seeing four is highly unlikely (since the person would almost certainly stack them together).

None the less the theory is a bit fun.

So could your current team kill four Hectors?  What about four Takumi?

---

Personally The answer is absolute no for Takumi and maybe for Hector.  My issue is haven't maxed out a singer AND I don't have a max level ranged unit.  Normally I dismantle Takumi or double Takumi by baiting them into my own Hector or oneshotting them with Cordelia.  I deal with Hector by color countering him (but I take too much damage to reasonably clear four of him).  I know I can kill three Hectors... but that last one would be really really close 

What about your comp?  Could you deal with x4 of these nasties?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With my current setup, yes on 4 Hectors, and probably not on 4 Takumis. Young Tiki squishes Hector, especially on the Player Phase due to Armored Blow. I don't really have anything that could take out a Takumi without eating heavy return damage though...I guess Young Tiki could, but she takes more than she does from Hector due to Weapon Triangle.That, plus Takumi doesn't have Hector's movement issues and attacks from 2-range, so even if she set up the kill on one, 2-3 others would probably run her over on the EP.

Interestingly, the team I ran before my current one probably could handle 4 Takumis pretty easily with proper positioning, but I don't know if it could handle 4 Hectors.

Edited by LordFrigid

I have Marth, so I think I could have him just keep taking out Hectors and then running away to heal. Keeping my other team members alive might be difficult, though, depending on the map.

Four Takumis could be annoying since my Robin can only survive fighting 2-3, but between Hector and Marth, I think I could manage.

I think Lvl 40 Roy with Triangle Adept equipped can shred 4 Hectors by himself. Alfonse can also if not ORKO one, but at least come very close. IMO Tharja can ORKO Hectors reliably, so long as there's a dancer/singer and a healer to help her longiviety. Then there's also people with Armorslayers/Ruby Swords who can also deal with them at least somewhat. As said, Young Tiki.

The problem is that most guys who can reliably deal with Hectors are dismantled by all the blues running around, so using them is impractical. I use Roy, myself, but I shelve Triangle Adept, as he can actually deal with some blues without it.

As for Takumi, this a...abnormality can go burn in hell, I have lost god knows how many chains because of him.

Given my standard team (Ryoma, Takumi, Robin, Olivia) and not the one I taped together this season to have seasonal units:

4 Hectors should be doable. Ryoma can take 3 by himself easily (Hectors, in my experience, often do 11-13 damage to him and he has 41 HP, so he should take 33-39 damage from 3 Hectors), and the last one I may have to use Olivia to bait but Ryoma can certainly finish. Robin also provides extra defense for Ryoma to further negate Hector's damage down to 7-9, which I normally don't because usually there is only 1 Hector. Which means Ryoma can probably just straight up 4x kill Hector if I tape Robin to him.

4 Takumis are theoretically doable, but I think it's a lot more terrain dependent and also probably certain builds of Takumi could fuck me up. Ryoma can take 2 Takumis on average (esp when taped to Robin, Takumi 3hkos him and he 2hkos back usually, definitely when boosted by olivia, and doubles non-spd takumi variants). Ryoma gives Takumi speed so he can double himself, and Takumi should be able to take 1 of him. Robin should also be able to take 1 Takumi--he'll get doubled, but it won't kill him unless vengeance is up and vengeance shouldn't be up if they haven't attacked anyone yet. All initiation should be done on EP. Let the Takumi come to me, then punt him.

This is a lot more susceptible to being fucked over by too many Takumis having unfavorable builds for me or a bad map, though.

My seasonal team runs Catria instead of Robin, and while Catria is a fine unit on her own, she doesn't have the same level of synergy with my core team that Robin has. She also would mean my team would not be able to take 4 Takumis (unlike Robin she will get oneshot)  and I'd be iffy on 4 Hectors (her atk reducing is only one target at a time and requires her to go fight Hector first, at a disadvantage), so I just hope I can run Robin again at some point. He was a lot better for my team.

4 Lindes would be my nightmare.

Edited by Thor Odinson

With my usual arena setup (5* Marth / Tiki, 4* Robin / Kagero), I MIGHT be able to handle a couple Takumis since 3/4 of my units can handle him lol... Not so sure about Hector; If I had a healer then Tiki/Marth could probably mop up some hectors. 

I have Baby Tiki on my team, who might be able to handle 4 Hectors.  I've never run into more than one Hector.

For Takumi, I'm not sure, when I have Hector on my team, I might be able to, but I've never tested it, since I haven't run into a 3-4 Takumi team, since I got Hector leveled to 40.

Between my Julia and Ryoma, it'll be close for Hector. Luckily my Robin has some utility in mitigating some of the damage for Ryoma, and if he brings Hector to <20 hp, Julia can finish him off and heal Ryoma for a bit.

4 Takumi's is easy since I have Robin and Ryoma. Robin w/ spd boost from Ryoma takes ~10 dmg from 1 Takumi hit, and can kill it the next turn. Similarly, if more than 1 Takumi gets in range (hopefully 1 is already dead at this point), both Robin and Ryoma can tank ~4 and 3 hits, respectively, and it's pretty difficult to be in a situation where all 3 Takumis can get in range to do that. Azura on my team means any Takumi who attacks either of them will die (if it's <3 Takumis at that point); if not, Julia can also deal a finishing blow.

I have Ryoma and Lyn in teamso. I guess it's theoretically possible to handle 4 Hectors.

4 Takumis may need more setup to make it work though, Ryoma could kill off 2 at most.

4 Linde otoh, is easy for me because Julia just nuke everything blue, which had happened in one of the Arena battle II did where she literally solo'd a team consisting of Marth, Fem Corrin, Nowi, and Robin.

20 hours ago, eclipse said:
52 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

4 Takumis are theoretically doable, but I think it's a lot more terrain dependent and also probably certain builds of Takumi could fuck me up.

Terrain can be a real bear with Takumi and other ranged units. So sooo much sometimes.

4 Hectors: Yes, easily. Marth and Lucina combo with some tactical turn time planning will work out.

4 Takumi's: Yes, but it depends on the map. I can use Camilla to lure them away towards areas they can't cross as easily, such as mountains (total block) or forests (severe slow-down). Takumi will ALWAYS home in on her because of his guaranteed kill. Marth has high defense so he can take a hit, especially on a forest tile, but ideally I would lure them into some kind of chokepoint or heavily forested area, or split them up if the map allows it.

With the correct team, which isn't my main team, yes. +Atk/-Res Marth, Roy and Seliph (and maybe Olivia, Chrom, or even Fae) would slaughter 4 Hectors. 

4 Takumis though... I couldn't, 2 is the maximum and I may lose a unit depending on Takumis' boon/bane. Unless I bring 4 Robins, but I only have one.

Edited by Brand_Of_The_Exalt

Takumi yes. I regularly take on two without Robin dropping below half HP. As long as my Fem!Corrin can survive one round against one of them (she's speed blessed so she does) while they're bunched up they're all going to lose 5 attack/5 speed. After which Robin, Takumi, and Lyn clean up as needed, mainly Robin.

Hector would be easy though I've never had to try: take Roy in with somebody to rally his defence. Just one defence rally should let him take no damage or 1 damage per hit. Have Olivia give him extra attacks. Done.

I barely managed to win against three Takumis (Hector took two down, Lucina and Robin took care of the third one), so I don't think I would be able to deal with 4...

Though, if I bring Hector together with Wrys it should be doable, if Hector survives with low health after a turn I just need Rehabilitate from Wrys to bring him back to full strenght, and he usually kills Takumi on the counterattack anyway.

4 Hectors does seem troublesome... but unlike Takumi he has explotaible weaknesses, my Lucina can bring an Hector down and if Aether activates she should recover some damage while dealing good damage to Hector, I have no red mages though, the only mage on my main team being Robin and the only red unit being Lucina, so it would be troublesome...  but Lucina with some source of healing (like Aether) or some defense buffs for the counterattacks should be able to do it, I guess.

(My main team usually consists of 5* Lucina, Camilla, Hector (That 55 attack of his is scary...) and 4* Male Robin)

Edited by Vier Mill

4 Takumi would be easy with Camilla as bait and Robin murdering them. Being a +def means each Takumi deals 5dmg unless they were +spd or +atk. Hector on the other hand...I don't think I can deal with 3, let alone 4, considering my only red is Roy. Sadly I haven't yet pulled any stronger reds to replace him. 

Hector has Goad Armor. It gives +4 Atk and +4 Spd to any armored units within 2 spaces and it stacks. This means if the Hector are close together, each one gets +12 Atk and +12 Spd from the other 3. 24->36 speed means Hector is very difficult to double and Hector will even double a lot of other units including Roy and both Tiki. 52->64 Atk means Hector hits like a truck even when resisted.

11 minutes ago, Team Rocket Elite said:

Hector has Goad Armor. It gives +4 Atk and +4 Spd to any armored units within 2 spaces and it stacks. This means if the Hector are close together, each one gets +12 Atk and +12 Spd from the other 3. 24->36 speed means Hector is very difficult to double and Hector will even double a lot of other units including Roy and both Tiki. 52->64 Atk means Hector hits like a truck even when resisted.

I was under the impression that skills like that do not stack.

21 minutes ago, Team Rocket Elite said:

I'm sure skills like that don't stack. Otherwise Buff (Unit Type) teams would've been much more common. So Roy is still shredding Hectors left and right.

Also does anyone know if Alfonse is fast enough to double Hector at same level/rarity?

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Yup, they do not stack. Only the highest individual buff number for a stat will be used, so if you used Hone Atk 2 for +3 Atk, then Rally Attack for +4, you get +4 Atk in the end.

Goad Armor works like Spurs. I think Spurs don't stack with themself, but stack with any other buff (Spur Atk stacks with Rally Attack for example)

Edited by Kruggov