Arena Fun - Could you kill four Hectors?

Katrisa

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Kruggov said:

I'm sure skills like that don't stack. Otherwise Buff (Unit Type) teams would've been much more common. So Roy is still shredding Hectors left and right.

Also does anyone know if Alfonse is fast enough to double Hector at same level/rarity?

Goad Armor works like Spurs. I think Spurs don't stack with themself, but stack with any other buff (Spur Atk stacks with Rally Attack for example)

Oh, okay. I might have mixed up Goad with the other one that only works on Armors.

5* Level 40 Alfonse has 25 Speed. Yeah. Even -Speed Hector has 21 Speed, so RIP Alfonse.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

5* Level 40 Alfonse has 25 Speed. Yeah. Even -Speed Hector has 21 Speed, so RIP Alfonse.

Ouch, poor Alfonse. At least he still hits hard when needed. (He can actually oneshot not +HP or +Def Takumi with Folkvangr's buff)

1 hour ago, Kruggov said:

I'm sure skills like that don't stack. Otherwise Buff (Unit Type) teams would've been much more common. So Roy is still shredding Hectors left and right.

Also does anyone know if Alfonse is fast enough to double Hector at same level/rarity?

Goad Armor works like Spurs. I think Spurs don't stack with themself, but stack with any other buff (Spur Atk stacks with Rally Attack for example)

Actually, Spurs DO stack. Just tested it. I had my Julia with 17 def sit next to Draug with Spur Def 2 (+3 def) and Robin with Spur Def 3 (+4 def) and she took 19 damage from a 45 att axe knight.

45 - 17 - 3 - 4 - 2 (from Naga) = 19

In relation to the topic's subject, though, I'd be able to handle 4 Hector's rather easily since Draug doesn't really care. 4 Takumi's, though? Most likely, but probably not without heavy losses. I usually run Draug, Robin, Julia, and Camilla, but Julia has garbage defense AND gets doubled while my Camilla is -Atk, so she's not very helpful against them. Robin is really good against Takumi, but while mine is +Atk, he's also -Def, so he takes a bit more damage (and +Spd Takumi's double him). I imagine he'd be able to take out two of them and maybe dent the third one depending on their stats. Draug and Julia could probably mop up from there.

Edited by Delfino

49 minutes ago, Othin said:

I was under the impression that skills like that do not stack.

I certainly hope not.

34 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Four Hectors - GG opponent, I have Tiki.

Four Takumis - probably not, because my Takumi bait is a one-time only thing.

I've got Baby TIki as my designated Hector slayer, and I find it hilarious that a little girl is Hector's biggest counter.

Since I switched out Hector for Julia for the Arena Bonus, my only real Takumi counter is my own Takumi.  I draw him out and then kill him on a counter attack, which works in most cases, or leaves him weakened enough for someone else to go in and kill him.  Abel's Brave Lance is good for this as well.  A sub half-health Takumi is something that most of my team can handle.

4 Hectors: Roy says hi. And bye. Also I'm sure Julia could do major damage to one if necessary, though no way she survives the encounter. Robin and Sakura are mostly useless here, though Sakura would probably be healing every scratch on Roy (assuming he's taking damage here, never actually seen a max-level Hector in the arena but I'm assuning that even with Triangle Adept Roy'll still take a little damage from each Hector that kills himself on him) because she needs the EXP.

4 Takumis: I doubt it. Robin can probably take one out, Julia and Roy could maybe take one each if they initiate, and either I get lucky with multiple of those three being able to hit Takumi #4 to weaken him enough the kill (or for Sakura to kill him... Which is probably impossible, but still) or I lose. So yeah, I don't think this is winnable for my current team.

Hector is too easily kited and has too many counters for 4 of them to be a threat. I'm pretty sure my 4* Adult Tiki could sweep a team of Hectors, let alone 5* child Tiki. Almost any red melee unit backed up by a healer can take such a team out.

4 Takumis yeah not so much, every method my team has of dealing with one involves taking notable damage. I could build specific teams to counter 4 Takumis absolutely but I'd need some positioning/AI help with my default team for sure.

Main team has an Armourslayer, Hammer, Robin boosting defence and Clarine healing as needed (Likely Cherche of the 2)

I think I might do decently.

Really, 4 Takumis would be trying to boost Robin's defence but he's +Att/-Res, so he might be good.

27 minutes ago, Team Rocket Elite said:

Rally, Defiant, Fortify and Hone do not stack with each other (on the same stat). Goad, Spur and Ward skills stack endlessly.

Yeah the Goad, Spur, and Ward skills do indeed stack. It's been tested out.

Spoiler

Fj5Q29R.png

1 minute ago, autismoe said:

Yeah the Goad, Spur, and Ward skills do indeed stack. It's been tested out.

Daym. That means that as long as a team of Hectors stays together they get +12 Attack/Speed!

Now it seems a team of 4 Hectors will be quite the danger. Even Roy will have trouble taking several 40 Attack hits while being constantly doubled. By fkin armors. Unless he is +Spd, in which case only +Spd Hectors will double. Again, Daym.

Hector himself can take 4 Takumis if backed up by Nowi or a healer.

I know I can't take four hectors, I have only on red 5 star.

You'd need some combination of Roy and Tiki. One Roy can't take 4 hectors, nor can one tiki, but together, they can probably take four.

In fact, most red heroes can't take one hector. Lucina, Crom, Seliph, Marth, and Eirika all will get killed by one hector in a head to head if they attack first.

With Lucina and Eirika combined I should be able to take down 4 Hectors with not much effort, but 4 Takumi would probably be a problem. Currently running Lucina, Nowi, Eirika and Takumi. I'm thinking of swapping Takumi with Cecilia once I get enough feathers to upgrade her to gold.

Just now, NickV said:

With Lucina and Eirika combined I should be able to take down 4 Hectors with not much effort, but 4 Takumi would probably be a problem. Currently running Lucina, Nowi, Eirika and Takumi. I'm thinking of swapping Takumi with Cecilia once I get enough feathers to upgrade her to gold.

I actually know this doesn't work. I've gone up against LvL 40 Lucina and Eirika with a Lvl 40 hector. As long as Lucina or Eirika attacks first, Hector will kill one of them and seriously damage the other solo. Unless you've gotten some really weird level ups, those two have no chance.

20 minutes ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

Why are you assuming the player-controlled units attack first? Especially against Hector who penalizes that.

Because I'm using Tiki.  I'd be a complete idiot NOT to attack first.

EDIT: For the others?  No clue, I wouldn't use them against Hector unless I had no other choice!

Edited by eclipse

27 minutes ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

Why are you assuming the player-controlled units attack first? Especially against Hector who penalizes that.

I think that's the real question. Most units can just tank through the cpu. 

The real question is which units can take him head on, which I think just leaves Tiki, Roy, and maybe Lilina?

52 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

I actually know this doesn't work. I've gone up against LvL 40 Lucina and Eirika with a Lvl 40 hector. As long as Lucina or Eirika attacks first, Hector will kill one of them and seriously damage the other solo. Unless you've gotten some really weird level ups, those two have no chance.

I let Hector attack first and then counterattack for the kill. This way you will only receive damage when Hector attacks (once). Lucina alone should be able to tank them. If anything I can trap them where they can only attack Lucina, while Eirika and Nowi can buff Lucina from the sides. Lucina can take atleast 2 to 3 hits so that's already -2 or 3 Hectors. Then I swap her for Eirika once and she can take a hit or two. In that time Lucina should get the +10 heal and be able to tank yet another hit. So this way I should be able to take more than 4 Hectors out lol. Hell, even Nowi can tank a hit if necessary.

Edited by NickV

Beat them? Yes, easier on hector than on takumi due to him being eternally kiteable due to 1 mov.

Win WITHOUT casualty? Yes on hector, no on takumi. Being mobbed by 4 ranged units practically guarantees 1-2 casualty no matter what you do, while hector can be handle by kiting

10 minutes ago, pianime94 said:

Nice. Thanks for experimenting this. Now if only there's a cavalry that can Goad....

Jeigan has Fortify Cavalry.  There might be others with it.

2 minutes ago, Wen Yang said:

Beat them? Yes, easier on hector than on takumi due to him being eternally kiteable due to 1 mov.

Win WITHOUT casualty? Yes on hector, no on takumi. Being mobbed by 4 ranged units practically guarantees 1-2 casualty no matter what you do, while hector can be handle by kiting

Hector will still counter at 2 range, so unless you one-shot him or have really high defense with WTA, you'll be taking some damage.

46 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Hector will still counter at 2 range, so unless you one-shot him or have really high defense with WTA, you'll be taking some damage.

ah, sorry forgot to mention that I use Lucina. With Falchion regen she can literally solo all the hectors while kiting.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

Fortify and Hone skills are not stackable unfortunately. Though it is a nice thing to have.

So far, only Eliwood has Ward Cavalry. So if I run 4 Eliwood...non-WTA mages can't scratch him.

4 Hectors seems pretty easy (yes, I'm one of the lucky ones with Young Tiki), though my Tiki is -HP, so it might require some fairly involved healing.

4 Tacomeats, on the other hand... It *might* be possible with Wrys as my designated healer (my team's 5* Young Tiki/4* Effie/4* Camilla/a designated healer, currently out of the pool of 4* Azama, 4* Maria, and 4* Wrys) as Effie can handle one Takumi fairly comfortably, and Baby Tiki can somewhat deal, but it would require some godly kiting/a really helpful map (that Labyrinth map for example :P).