Jokes and Memes about Heroes

The Geek

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

I know there is an option to embed links into text but how do you do that with images?

Good old BBCode magic: {url=<link>}{img}<link to image>{/img}{/url} with brackets instead of braces.

On 8/3/2017 at 2:21 AM, Lushen said:

Whyyyyyyyyy.............

Hide contents

r8ibidmh79dz.jpg

I would so do this if I was a whale and could actually pull seasonal characters more often

I still think Lucius the Light with Candlelight would be the most fitting thing

21 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

SI in a nutshell. 

I thought it was "Tip the scales"?  Maybe it's because he's only 3*.

Edited by Rezzy

43 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I thought it was "Tip the scales"?  Maybe it's because he's only 3*.

I believe it has to do with contracts, actually. Greg Chun wanted to say "disgusting." for the fans, but couldn't, according to his Twitter.

15 minutes ago, Thane said:

I believe it has to do with contracts, actually. Greg Chun wanted to say "disgusting." for the fans, but couldn't, according to his Twitter.

That's a weird thing to have in a contract.  I can see them trademarking things that are more specific to a series, but "tip the scales" and "disgusting" have existed as phrases/words for centuries, and it's not like Fire Emblem has an exclusive claim to them.

Just now, Rezzy said:

That's a weird thing to have in a contract.  I can see them trademarking things that are more specific to a series, but "tip the scales" and "disgusting" have existed as phrases/words for centuries, and it's not like Fire Emblem has an exclusive claim to them.

Hah, I know right? It was just something I heard; I don't know how those things work I'm afraid. It would be silly, I must say, but Greg Chun sounded like he wanted to do it.

3 hours ago, Thane said:

Geez, no wonder there's a V.A strike. Well besides being underpaid.

4 hours ago, Rezzy said:

It's probably more because they're specifically emulating the characters. They could probably say "Tip the scales" and "Disgusting" in their normal voices, but they wanted to do their specific character voices so hands were probably a little tied. I wouldn't be surprised if it was common in a lot of the industries, though not iron clad.

30 minutes ago, r_n said:

It's probably more because they're specifically emulating the characters. They could probably say "Tip the scales" and "Disgusting" in their normal voices, but they wanted to do their specific character voices so hands were probably a little tied. I wouldn't be surprised if it was common in a lot of the industries, though not iron clad.

Possibly, though a lot of voice actors use the same voice for multiple characters.

23 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Possibly, though a lot of voice actors use the same voice for multiple characters.

the voice plus the lines plus the context all probably matters depending on the contracts

Corrin-haters are even saltier than me trying and failing to get Celica.
They are even saltier than me after the reveal of Lachesis and Lucius getting relegated to staffbot duty.

Edited by Vaximillian

27 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

I think the better question here is why isn't Micaiah in the game yet

I expect her within the next 3 months, I just hope that she gets sacrifice as an exclusive skill, it would be great to actually have it be useful in a game where micaiah can't just use staves. As for her weapon, it would be either rexaura or thani, with the latter being more likely and probably op as crap, imagine a tome that deals bonus damage to knights and cavalry.