Jokes and Memes about Heroes

The Geek

8 hours ago, Thane said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Micaiah with the truth bombs.

Pretty much. Fan Service > Good Writing. At the same time though, this was a swimwear voting gauntlet. Its like having a playboy model voting contest and choosing the girl with the best personality.

But seriously. When the hell are we going to get Micaiah? I still am in disbelief we got Sanaki before her considering Sanaki was really nothing more than a supporting character until the later half of RD.

Edited by Tolvir

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Pretty much. Fan Service > Good Writing. At the same time though, this was a swimwear voting gauntlet. Its like having a playboy model voting contest and choosing the girl with the best personality.

But seriously. When the hell are we going to get Micaiah? I still am in disbelief we got Sanaki before her considering Sanaki was really nothing more than a supporting character until the later half of RD.

But Tiki has bigger boobs AND more depth... was it because Corrin is basically nude in her damaged portrait? 

And do we need the anti-armor effect? All armors have bad res already anyway, it's an overkill. Against whom she will need it? The Jugdrali barons? (the anti cavalry effect is surely neded with all the Reinhardts flooding arena)

10 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

But Tiki has bigger boobs AND more depth... was it because Corrin is basically nude in her damaged portrait? 

And do we need the anti-armor effect? All armors have bad res already anyway, it's an overkill. Against whom she will need it? The Jugdrali barons? (the anti cavalry effect is surely neded with all the Reinhardts flooding arena)

Honestly I am not sure what won there. I would of thought the same personally, Tiki also has her ass showing in the Japanese art. Robin's bikini was practically a thong, Corrin was the most conservative when it came to the bikinis. Maybe cute factor won her over there, or the damage portrait being one step away from 18+,

Thani also had anti Cavalry effect. So Micaiah could always have anti cav instead of anti armor. I really dont think anyone would complain about more anti cav magic users considering Horse Emblem. Honestly I just want more Tellius characters as a whole. Micaiah is just one of my favorites, along with the rest of the Dawn Brigade. If I could get a good chunk of the Tellius characters, like the Dawn Brigade and the Crimea Royal Knights, I would be set. They could put in whoever after that, I wouldnt have any other requests.

Edited by Tolvir

8 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Honestly I am not sure what won there. I would of thought the same personally, Tiki also has her ass showing in the Japanese art. Robin's bikini was practically a thong, Corrin was the most conservative when it came to the bikinis. Maybe cute factor won her over there, or the damage portrait being one step away from 18+,

People really like Corrin's design, and she's one of two flying mages. I wouldn't look too deeply into the results of the Voting Gauntlets, seeing as many people participating haven't even played the games in which the characters appear.

2 minutes ago, Thane said:

People really like Corrin's design, and she's one of two flying mages. I wouldn't look too deeply into the results of the Voting Gauntlets, seeing as many people participating haven't even played the games in which the characters appear.

That is why I really dont put much into the voting gauntlets. The fact that Gaius won over Leo is enough to show that most of these people really dont know, nor do they care, about who these characters are. I think some people take these voting gauntlets too seriously.

2 hours ago, Tolvir said:

Tiki also has her ass showing in the Japanese art.

She has the same art regardless of region.

Also, Corrin has silver hair and red eyes and is a dragon riding a dragon summoning Wishiwashis.

31 minutes ago, GustavoSouSil said:

Why people don't like Corrin?

A lot of people feel like Corrin didn't live up to their potential in Fates, and that their role was made worse by player worship and remaining static throughout the story, partially as a result of said worship.

22 minutes ago, Thane said:

A lot of people feel like Corrin didn't live up to their potential in Fates, and that their role was made worse by player worship and remaining static throughout the story, partially as a result of said worship.

Which is why “avatar” is a mislabeling.

6 hours ago, Tolvir said:

Thani also had anti Cavalry effect. So Micaiah could always have anti cav instead of anti armor. I really dont think anyone would complain about more anti cav magic users considering Horse Emblem. Honestly I just want more Tellius characters as a whole. Micaiah is just one of my favorites, along with the rest of the Dawn Brigade. If I could get a good chunk of the Tellius characters, like the Dawn Brigade and the Crimea Royal Knights, I would be set. They could put in whoever after that, I wouldnt have any other requests.

Honestly, the style of her art seems rather appealing in my opinion. It's strange and shiny...still don't like her, but the art looks pretty good. It's at least better than her default.

Edited by Arthur97

13 hours ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Effective weapons vs Cavalry aren't really a solution to Reinhardt because he's easy enough to kill if you attack him first. The issue is surviving a Dire Thunder attack. A real Reinhardt counter would be a ABC skill (or seal) that prevents Brave weapons from striking twice. Anti-cavalry weapons are good against horse tanks, however.

No one uses wolf tomes so I wonder how valuable this theoretical Thani would be. 14 attack is good but it might still fall behind other legendary tomes. Micaiah deserves the best. THE BEST.

13 hours ago, Tolvir said:

For me at least, supporting Corrin was a matter of not having any horse in the race so I sided with the character that:

1. I had.

2. Is a rare flying mage.

3. Is visually pleasing.

Corrin's still a bad character, but Heroes doesn't concern itself too much with the writing.

6 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

Effective weapons vs Cavalry aren't really a solution to Reinhardt because he's easy enough to kill if you attack him first. The issue is surviving a Dire Thunder attack. A real Reinhardt counter would be a ABC skill (or seal) that prevents Brave weapons from striking twice. Anti-cavalry weapons are good against horse tanks, however.

No one uses wolf tomes so I wonder how valuable this theoretical Thani would be. 14 attack is good but it might still fall behind other legendary tomes. Micaiah deserves the best. THE BEST.

Distant Def + Quick Riposte Julia tho. even Death Blow + Hone Cav Rein cannot win against that. And with the increase of anti cav weapons, Camus would be needed even more, although his res is still crap. I thought western fandom hates pacifist like her, Eirika, Eliwood, Celica, and Marth 

On 8/8/2017 at 8:36 AM, Thane said:

Based on what? Are you to tell me that we're really that outweigh by those who just play the game for sake of playing? That still doesn't make any sense on why she's more popular than Robin.

On 8/8/2017 at 0:44 PM, Vaximillian said:

Which is why “avatar” is a mislabeling.

Quote for the damn truth. I really did wish Corrin was a better avatar but alas. :/

2 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

Based on what? Are you to tell me that we're really that outweigh by those who just play the game for sake of playing? That still doesn't make any sense on why she's more popular than Robin.

Based on around 10 million people having played Heroes, and only around two million people having played Awakening and/or Fates. Naturally, this doesn't mean there are 10 million concurrent players, or that there isn't an overlap, obviously, but it doesn't change the fact that many people who play Heroes have never touched a main series installment.

Also, Robin's art, while she herself looks cute, is much more cluttered than Corrin's. Corrin also fills a much more specific niche than her Awakening counterpart gameplay-wise, and I believe all that plays into her popularity.

That, and I'm pretty sure the Japanese in particular love her. You can also blame recency bias and all that stuff, if you want.

Edited by Thane

3 hours ago, Thane said:

Based on around 10 million people having played Heroes, and only around two million people having played Awakening and/or Fates. Naturally, this doesn't mean there are 10 million concurrent players, or that there isn't an overlap, obviously, but it doesn't change the fact that many people who play Heroes have never touched a main series installment.

Also, Robin's art, while she herself looks cute, is much more cluttered than Corrin's. Corrin also fills a much more specific niche than her Awakening counterpart gameplay-wise, and I believe all that plays into her popularity.

That, and I'm pretty sure the Japanese in particular love her. You can also blame recency bias and all that stuff, if you want.

Whenever someone accuse them of being nothing but shameless fan-service I can defend both Camilla & Tharja but F-Corrin? I just can't believe someone actually values that over everything else. I should try to accept it but I'm drawing so much blanks when it comes to Corrin in general.

Edited by Zangetsu

8 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

Whenever someone accuse them of being nothing but shameless fan-service I can defend both Camilla & Tharja but F-Corrin? I just can't believe someone actually values that over everything else. I should try to accept it but I'm drawing so much blanks when it comes to Corrin in general.

Camilla even has more interaction to Leo and Elise than Hinoka ever have to Takumi and Sakura-literally Hinoka only cares about her own siblings when they are in mortal peril, when Camilla is mostly corrinsexual too, she has more character than Hinoka (although I still dislike her irresponsibility in BR ending and her support if her children inherited her fucked-upness-even Peri stop her children if they do), and for Tharja, when Noire claimed she abused her, keep in mind by the time Tharja does so, her possible husband likely to be dead already and she's not sane to begin with and she needs something to cope up with it-she is not Hilda who would abuse her own child for her own gain. But corrin? Is there any explanation about them but "running protagonist power" ? 

2 hours ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Camilla even has more interaction to Leo and Elise than Hinoka ever have to Takumi and Sakura-literally Hinoka only cares about her own siblings when they are in mortal peril, when Camilla is mostly corrinsexual too, she has more character than Hinoka (although I still dislike her irresponsibility in BR ending and her support if her children inherited her fucked-upness-even Peri stop her children if they do), and for Tharja, when Noire claimed she abused her, keep in mind by the time Tharja does so, her possible husband likely to be dead already and she's not sane to begin with and she needs something to cope up with it-she is not Hilda who would abuse her own child for her own gain. But corrin? Is there any explanation about them but "running protagonist power" ? 

That's exactly what I'm talking about except I still like them for the most part that's really not the point right now. The point being there's more to those 2 characters besides shameless fanservice if you're willing beyond the surface level.

I don't want to beat on dead horse anymore than I should especially since Corrin got enough crap as it is, but the whole reason why I don't Corrin is because they fail being the Avatar. They never react the way I would react in most of these scenario. I'm just gonna leave at that.

4 hours ago, GustavoSouSil said:

Thanks Thane for the explanation.

This topic is getting very serious, here is a comic : http://dragonith.deviantart.com/art/FE-Heroes-Summer-Wars-696637302

fe_heroes__summer_wars_by_dragonith-dbircs6.thumb.png.854b434d688c34eb346e62b499a198ca.png

This is still so great, but I'm still confuse if Effie is actually warding off the fanboys or forcing them to vote for Elise?

33 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

This is still so great, but I'm still confuse if Effie is actually warding off the fanboys or forcing them to vote for Elise?

Judging by the broken camera, she's trying to ward off the lolicon fanboys.

9 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Judging by the broken camera, she's trying to ward off the lolicon fanboys.

Thx,that makes sense. God for the longest time that's been bothering me.

On 8/8/2017 at 10:17 AM, DraceEmpressa said:

With Armors, since Wary Fighter and Distant Counter are a thing, being able to one-shot them would help quite a bit.  Even with low Res, they often have enough HP to eat a hit and then kill on follow up.