Jokes and Memes about Heroes

The Geek

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Hilda said:

i laughed. but then i thought what if F!Grima hit the ground later because M!Grima is an Armored unit and cant run fast enough to keep her up in the air lol

Oh, jeez, I want someone to draw that now.

@thecrimsonflash Using the stolen commentary without proof is a rather large pet peeve of mine. It is easy for the same/similar ideas to crop up without being stolen. You may as well spy kids 2 stole it from Azumanga, since I am pretty sure they had the flapping/flying pigtails before Spy Kids did. However, I am sure there was flying pigtails even before that. And even if it is inspired by a scene that doesn't equate to being stolen. The second image utilizes both the spinning type of flying pigtails and the flapping flying pigtails. So it could very well be a homage to the various flying pigtails from the past. Or it could just be an obvious joke that could just come up spontaneously without any need to have seen either of the aforementioned media.

Gerti's pigtails spin at a much higher angle than does the drawn Grima. Or at least the scene I saw seems that way. And while the squiggle fly line, veiwing from behind flapping seems like something Azumanga would do, I don't actually specifically recall such a scene. Point is even if flying pigtails was inspired by the aforementioned media(and frankly I would fully expect even earlier media to have utilized such an obvious joke) the fact that is not lock and step identical in presentation would indicate that it was not stolen. However, I am not a big repository of Spy Kids knowledge. Maybe they utilized both styles and had an earlier display of it than the second volume of Azumanga which was released in late 2000. However if 2 was the first display than even the animated version which aired in 5/2002 predates spy kids 2 6/2002 release.

Anyways. . . as I said pet peeve of mine. I am not one of those that believes Hunger Games stole Battle Royale's idea or vice versa(like some rather . . . passionate individuals) or that say Spy Kids 2 stole Azumanga's flying pigtails. *mutter mutter mutter* once on this I can't get off *mutter mutter mutter*.

11 hours ago, Usana said:

@thecrimsonflash Using the stolen commentary without proof is a rather large pet peeve of mine. It is easy for the same/similar ideas to crop up without being stolen. You may as well spy kids 2 stole it from Azumanga, since I am pretty sure they had the flapping/flying pigtails before Spy Kids did. However, I am sure there was flying pigtails even before that. And even if it is inspired by a scene that doesn't equate to being stolen. The second image utilizes both the spinning type of flying pigtails and the flapping flying pigtails. So it could very well be a homage to the various flying pigtails from the past. Or it could just be an obvious joke that could just come up spontaneously without any need to have seen either of the aforementioned media.

Gerti's pigtails spin at a much higher angle than does the drawn Grima. Or at least the scene I saw seems that way. And while the squiggle fly line, veiwing from behind flapping seems like something Azumanga would do, I don't actually specifically recall such a scene. Point is even if flying pigtails was inspired by the aforementioned media(and frankly I would fully expect even earlier media to have utilized such an obvious joke) the fact that is not lock and step identical in presentation would indicate that it was not stolen. However, I am not a big repository of Spy Kids knowledge. Maybe they utilized both styles and had an earlier display of it than the second volume of Azumanga which was released in late 2000. However if 2 was the first display than even the animated version which aired in 5/2002 predates spy kids 2 6/2002 release.

Anyways. . . as I said pet peeve of mine. I am not one of those that believes Hunger Games stole Battle Royale's idea or vice versa(like some rather . . . passionate individuals) or that say Spy Kids 2 stole Azumanga's flying pigtails. *mutter mutter mutter* once on this I can't get off *mutter mutter mutter*.

It was a joke.

57 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

It was a joke.

Ah, sorry for the rant then. Kinda hard to tell tone of conversation through a message board particularly when it happens to touch a pet peeve, since one tends to assume the worse.

1 hour ago, Roflolxp54 said:

It was only a matter of time before this happened (Celica the Toyota model):

https://mobile.twitter.com/__noii__/status/982122529375510528?s=20

Dammit, I was about to upload that.

It seems that Takumi has a challenger.

9 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Either Celica is really tall or that car is really short.

Eh, when you consider she's got heels on, it's not unreasonable.  Looking up car dimensions, it looks like many are below 1.4 meters tall.  I'm not sure how tall Celica is supposed to be, but I'm 1.8 meters tall.

3 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Eh, when you consider she's got heels on, it's not unreasonable.  Looking up car dimensions, it looks like many are below 1.4 meters tall.  I'm not sure how tall Celica is supposed to be, but I'm 1.8 meters tall.

Figuring in Japan average height for women is 5'2"-5'3"/1.6 meters and a Toyota Celica is 51.4"/1.3ish meters, all according to google, average women in Japan have about a foot/third of a meter on the car. Celica, by very rough eye-balling, in that art appears to have about a quarter of her total height above the car, meaning her total height with the heels is 4/3 of the car's height, which works out to 5'8.5"/1.73ish meters. I'm just basically blind guessing here, but those heels look noticeably tall, but not super tall, so I'm going to say 2-3 inches, which means Celica would be somewhere around 5'5"/1.65 meters to 5'7"/1.7ish meters.

So, basically a bit of both? She's tall, but not especially tall it would seem, and the car is somewhat short.

TL;DR: I put way too much effort into finding the proportions of fanart.