Jokes and Memes about Heroes

The Geek

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

Okay, indeed, that is a cool reference. Smart of the people who put that together. ... Though, the fact that they're not all red nodes is inaccurate, given Smash. 😛

• 3 months later...

0:26-0:28 of the Book 6 Trailer: Ash (the Miltank) used Rollout!

Also, Ash has a few other natural jokes:

Players: Moar cowbell.

IS: 'Kay.

2. Ash is literally a holy cow.

3. Cowgirl.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Okay, so, I just wanted to say that there's something hilarious about grinding in FEH (and, I imagine, summoning) to Bonnie Tyler's Holding out of a Hero (especially when using/summoning for a speedy nuke, with that lyric "he's got to be strong and he's got to be fast," or using Duma, Mila, Naga, etc. with "and where are all the gods?") I kind of want someone to make an animated music video/compilation with fitting bits from Heroes to this. It's just too funny.

On 4/30/2022 at 9:32 AM, Mercakete said:

I kind of want someone to make an animated music video/compilation with fitting bits from Heroes to this. It's just too funny.

This is YouTube gold just waiting to happen, thanks for putting this thought in my head!! Is there an abridged version of the song out there anywhere? I'm not good with this sort of thing but I may be able to cook something up with the FEH trailers...

On 5/7/2022 at 3:15 PM, DefyingFates said:

This is YouTube gold just waiting to happen, thanks for putting this thought in my head!! Is there an abridged version of the song out there anywhere? I'm not good with this sort of thing but I may be able to cook something up with the FEH trailers...

Oh man post it here if you manage to make this. I'm sure there's an abridged version somewhere, but I'm not really the person to ask about this; sorry. Glad to inspire! I don't spend much time on the FE side of YouTube, actually, but I'm sure there are FETubers who you could ask to take some summoning clips or something from. One particularly effective one could be if someone managed to really rack up a high pity percentage. "Holding out for a hero" indeed.

Edit:

Some lyrics which stand out to me as having easy correlations:

"Where have all the good men gone?" = Most of the powerful units are female, and banners tend to be mostly female. Meanwhile, guys becoming yet another high-def, low-res axe user seems to happen on the regular. You could just show a bunch of 3* units on a summoning circle, though.

"And where are all the gods?" = Either, again, showing the ratio of gods to goddesses (the guys have Duma, Freyr, and Muspell, off the top of my head (Askr and Alfador are not here yet.) Meanwhile, the gals have... Naga, Loki, Freyja, Mila, Nifl, Sothis, Hel, Thorr, Ashera, Yune, and to come is at least Embla.) Alternatively, a high percentage pity break trying to summon on a mythic banner.

"...and he's got to be larger than life." = Any/all of transformed Fallen Edelgard, dragon form Muspell, dragon form Dheginsea, dragon form Kurthnaga (I think), especially in a forested area just to make obvious how tall these guys are.

"like a fire in my blood" (especially the repeated part by the background singers) = Just all of Ascended Laegjarn, including that bit where Muspell was being a jerk to her and when, in Book 2, Laegjarn was dealing with the Rite of Flames in general.

There's some line about the singer having had a dream or whatever = Anything Book 3, I guess.

"some were beyond my reach and some were reaching back to me" (I may have this lyric slightly wrong; going off of memory here) = Both Alfonse and Sharena have "reaching out" animations, especially in the Book 3 opening movie. There's also at the end of Book 1's opening movie when Veronica has a sort of "reach" she does just before she closes the portal, but that might be better to conclude the song with.

Anyway, these are just some thoughts I had that might correlate well. Hope they help!

Edited by Mercakete

IS developers when asked about the villain of the next FE game.

REyjKLN.jpg?1

Inspired by the latest Forging Bonds. I just thought it was funny that Eitri was inadvertently lampshading the abundance of crazy dragons in the series.

On 5/8/2022 at 1:23 PM, Mercakete said:

Oh man post it here if you manage to make this. I'm sure there's an abridged version somewhere, but I'm not really the person to ask about this; sorry. Glad to inspire! I don't spend much time on the FE side of YouTube, actually, but I'm sure there are FETubers who you could ask to take some summoning clips or something from. One particularly effective one could be if someone managed to really rack up a high pity percentage. "Holding out for a hero" indeed.

Edit:

Some lyrics which stand out to me as having easy correlations:

"Where have all the good men gone?" = Most of the powerful units are female, and banners tend to be mostly female. Meanwhile, guys becoming yet another high-def, low-res axe user seems to happen on the regular. You could just show a bunch of 3* units on a summoning circle, though.

"And where are all the gods?" = Either, again, showing the ratio of gods to goddesses (the guys have Duma, Freyr, and Muspell, off the top of my head (Askr and Alfador are not here yet.) Meanwhile, the gals have... Naga, Loki, Freyja, Mila, Nifl, Sothis, Hel, Thorr, Ashera, Yune, and to come is at least Embla.) Alternatively, a high percentage pity break trying to summon on a mythic banner.

"...and he's got to be larger than life." = Any/all of transformed Fallen Edelgard, dragon form Muspell, dragon form Dheginsea, dragon form Kurthnaga (I think), especially in a forested area just to make obvious how tall these guys are.

"like a fire in my blood" (especially the repeated part by the background singers) = Just all of Ascended Laegjarn, including that bit where Muspell was being a jerk to her and when, in Book 2, Laegjarn was dealing with the Rite of Flames in general.

There's some line about the singer having had a dream or whatever = Anything Book 3, I guess.

"some were beyond my reach and some were reaching back to me" (I may have this lyric slightly wrong; going off of memory here) = Both Alfonse and Sharena have "reaching out" animations, especially in the Book 3 opening movie. There's also at the end of Book 1's opening movie when Veronica has a sort of "reach" she does just before she closes the portal, but that might be better to conclude the song with.

Anyway, these are just some thoughts I had that might correlate well. Hope they help!

I see these updates, thanks Merky! That's a lot of ideas too, thank you! I'll try and find a shorter version of the song and see how many of these I can fit in! Thanks again!

11 hours ago, KMT4ever said:

IS developers when asked about the villain of the next FE game.

REyjKLN.jpg?1

Inspired by the latest Forging Bonds. I just thought it was funny that Eitri was inadvertently lampshading the abundance of crazy dragons in the series.

XD I didn't see it like that! Nice perspective!

6 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

I see these updates, thanks Merky! That's a lot of ideas too, thank you! I'll try and find a shorter version of the song and see how many of these I can fit in! Thanks again!

Glad I could assist! I'm looking forward to seeing the project once it's done! And I'll be sure to hand out my ideas on this if I have any more. 🙂

Edit: Ah, like when it says "It's going to take a super man to sweep me off my feet" you could either go with Kiran holding Ash in the Book 6 opening movie, or put "*boon" when "man" comes up in the song, making it "It's going to take a super boon to sweep me off my feet" (or combine the ideas.)

Edit again: There's also a line about a "white knight upon a fiery steed." I don't think we have anyone riding a blazing equine, but there are plenty of white knights in the series to choose from. The first horse-riding white knight to come to mind for me is Conrad (who wears white armor and has "white knight" sort of behavior, always protecting Celica) but feel free to take your pick.

Edited by Mercakete

• 3 months later...

My first meme! Spoilers for the individual forging bonds, but if I were to sum up everything I've seen (at least so far) into a sentence each...

Spoiler

811384722_CYL6ForgingBondsinaNutshell.thumb.jpg.2cf44d1906e47bc94523659b35b5c730.jpg

Also, I love that we get to see how post-development Byleth talks to people. I've said it before, but Byleth was the absolute worst choice IS could have made when deciding which of their avatars was going to be mute, since they're by far the most interesting as a concept so... yeah, this FB was a little cathartic for me. Oh, also about her FB:

Spoiler

her snark while talking to Sothis. She took all of Sothis' jabs for a year, she more than earned the right to hit back and I love that change in their dynamic so much xD More of that, please!

• 4 months later...

I realized something when I was talking about a potential FE4 Valentine's Day banner focusing on Diedre, her husbands, and her kids.

Seliph: Okay, Julius, I know that the concept behind the Day of Devotion may be a bit hard for you to grasp...

Julius: This holiday is pointless.

Seliph: Buuut I made a little song to try to help you understand it! =D

Julius: Wait- what?

Seliph: It's about how fun the Day of Devotion can really be! (The summoner said that this tactic sometimes works on people like you, as long as people like me really believe in you!)

Julius: Why do you have a guitar?

Seliph: F is for family, expressing devotion! U is for all united! N is for nothing can break our bonds - not even after having been sliiiighted!

Julius: *too befuddled for words*

Seliph: Go on - your turn! =D

Julius: No.

Julia: Okay, then I'll go next! Let's pick a nice present for Mother, Julius!

Seliph: That's the spirit, Julia!

Julius: No, wait-

Julia: F is for family, expressing devotion! U is for all united! N is for nothing can break our bonds - not even after having been sliiiighted!

Seliph: Great job, Julia! Okay, Julius! Your turn! =D

Julius: Oh for the love of- FINE. F is for Falaflame, incinerating everyone! U is for untold destruction! N is for no escsape when LOPTOUS-

Seliph: AHEM uh, I don't think you're getting what the Day of Devotion is about...

Julius: No, actually, the song helped. Simply put, only those devoted to Loptous will survive in the end. That kind of devotion I can appreciate.

Seliph: Um, that's not...really...

Julius: It's supposed to be about people being devoted, right?

Seliph: Technically, yeah...but, it's-

Julius: Then my interpretation is correct.

Seliph: ... At...least he's trying...?

• 3 weeks later...