Sudden useage for female Robin?

Thany

With the sudden banner having 2 blue tomb cavalier users that have brave bow effects.... and an ursula Grand hero battle afterwards. could the robin that everyone said is terrible suddenly get a massive boost in usage in the arena? Im curious if anyone removed/didnt get female robin and slightly regret it.

Sadly the current ranking mechanism promotes using units with beefy stats and just one heavy hitter :/ High-ranking arena now is a bit devoid of tactical team compositioning. When (if) they do something about it - well, Robin will find her place. I think people will even build purely cavalery teams. I mean those blue brave tome guys should be insane under Gunter's +6/+6 atk/spd. As standalone... don't know, brave weapon users always have a problem of low atk :/

5 minutes ago, Avestus said:

Sadly the current ranking mechanism promotes using units with beefy stats and just one heavy hitter :/ High-ranking arena now is a bit devoid of tactical team compositioning. When (if) they do something about it - well, Robin will find her place. I think people will even build purely cavalery teams. I mean those blue brave tome guys should be insane under Gunter's +6/+6 atk/spd. As standalone... don't know, brave weapon users always have a problem of low atk :/

Dont one of the cavaliers give bonuses just by attacking while also having a brave weapon? or is it someone else im thinking of...

Just now, Thany said:

Dont one of the cavaliers give bonuses just by attacking while also having a brave weapon? or is it someone else im thinking of...

Yep.  Reinhardt.

He's going to be a gigantic pain in the neck to deal with.  I don't think Raven can handle that, so it's back to the drawing board for me!

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

Yep.  Reinhardt.

He's going to be a gigantic pain in the neck to deal with.  I don't think Raven can handle that, so it's back to the drawing board for me!

It may be even worse if his highest stat is speed. not many can take a 4+ magic attack at once.

4 minutes ago, Thany said:

It may be even worse if his highest stat is speed. not many can take a 4+ magic attack at once.

I hope he's not Linde on wheels.  She's already hard for my team to deal with.

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

Yep.  Reinhardt.

But isn't it Klein with Death Blow rather than Reinhardt?

"Sudden usage for Female Robin".

Pretty much, assuming Olwen and Reinhardt become prominent enough. They're (Olwen and Reinhardt) definitely useful characters in the current meta for killing off a swordie in the player phase so it's not impossible for them to be common but given how they're new heroes and they're more for countering than being overpowered enough to create a new meta, it's all up in the air right now.

Edited by Dr. Tarrasque

Defense wise, as long as Reinhardt and Olwen do not attack on enemy phase, they should be fairly easy to handle, Eldigan is just another sword (just watch out for lunge) and Klein doesn't seem to be anywhere near Takumi's level. Haven't seen Sanaki yet but I don't think the meta will change that much.

And given the fact that almost everyone has f!robin now, I doubt many would want to put the Mage Cavaliers on their defense teams. Their low stat totals are not very good for arena scoring on offense either.

Edited by Korath88

1 minute ago, Refa said:

Maybe there's something I'm missing, but wouldn't Nino be better?

I think the idea is because F!Robin has both Blue Tomebreaker and a tome with effective damage vs cavalry.

5 minutes ago, Refa said:

Oh right, makes sense.  Is she better enough than Nino against blue tome users to warrant training her?

Nino runs Hone Atk and benefits from buffs a lot more in terms of general effectiveness than Robin, who's stats are just kinda meh.

Unit   HP    ATK    SPD    DEF    RES
Nino  33    46    36    19    29

Robin 40    39    29    29    22

Nino runs on avg, way more attack, res and speed compared to Robin. Robin's gonna get doubled by lots of common things. Nino ain't. Between that and basically any buff at all automatically turning Nino into a 50 atk beast makes her basically better anyway. I think B Tomebreaker gives Robin!F an edge versus Lindes but that's about it, since Linde's have about 27 or so Res anyway (so two hits at 20 killing the avg Linde with only one hit taken in return for about 20 herself).

Edited by Elieson

2 hours ago, Elieson said:

Nino runs on avg, way more attack, res and speed compared to Robin. Robin's gonna get doubled by lots of common things. Nino ain't. Between that and basically any buff at all automatically turning Nino into a 50 atk beast makes her basically better anyway. I think B Tomebreaker gives Robin!F an edge versus Lindes but that's about it, since Linde's have about 27 or so Res anyway (so two hits at 20 killing the avg Linde with only one hit taken in return for about 20 herself).

I'd say F!Robin only really has the edge over Nino versus Linde in a vacuum. A properly buffed non-Atk-bane Nino should be one-shotting every Linde. (Numbers 'n stuff below)

-blade's damage buff is affected by weapon triangle, for whatever reason, so even if double-boon +HP/Res Linde was on the field (does double-boon even exist? I haven't seen any myself) Nino would need 58 in Atk + buffs to one-shot. Obviously she won't get that on her own...but running Eirika + Hone Def/Res or Sharena + Hone Spd/Res puts her at 60+. If you're running Nino, I'd hope you'd also be running the buffs to set her up.

tbh, the only instance where I can see F!Robin being better than Nino is against something so deeply entrenched in F!Robin's niche that not even Gronnblade can overcome it. Ex. a blue tome cavalier with seriously high Spd, and enough Res to not get obliterated by Gronnblade.

Edited by LordFrigid
Fixing some numbers, changed some theory stuff

17 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

If you're running Nino, I'd hope you'd also be running the buffs to set her up.

Nino absolutely belongs in a team with at the very least, one of Eirika/Sharena (both giving +4 Atk and +4 Atk through another buff) and a dancer (Azura for Spur Res > Olivia for Hone Atk since Eirika and Sharena already give +Atk buffs).

Ideally, Eirika/Nino/Azura and something else (why not Takumi) would be an ideal team for this setup to maximize Nino nuking and give coverage to the only handful of things that can resist her with buffs.

19 minutes ago, Elieson said:

Ideally, Eirika/Nino/Azura and something else (why not Takumi) would be an ideal team for this setup to maximize Nino nuking and give coverage to the only handful of things that can resist her with buffs.

Because my Takumi's got a Spd bane. Seriously though, the combination of those three and F!Corrin is actually my main Arena team. I'm pretty happy with sticking F!Corrin in the last slot, even though Hone Atk is somewhat redundant with Sieglinde. There are actually a lot of battles where F!Corrin's just sitting on the sidelines waiting for Nino to finish Nino-ing, but there are also battles where Dark Breath is exactly what I need to win the match (well...with no deaths). That, or I actually DO need Hone Atk 3 for a one-shot (it's pretty rare, but it happens).

Back on topic, that one-shot-every-Linde thing...that's from personal experience =P . I would never be able to do that with F!Robin, so I'm hesitant to say F!Robin has emerged into usefulness. Haven't run the numbers on Reinhardt, but from glancing at his stats I don't think he can escape the Nino nuke?

Edit: No, he can't. His HP+Res is lower than Linde's.

Edited by LordFrigid
Clipped part of the quote for clarity

Saw this circulate on reddit (no idea on IVs though), but with that speed, even F!Robin can double as a 3* Level 30, though her meh res will get her hammered back

3 minutes ago, Kruggov said:

It's actually -Spd Reinhardt, neutral speed is 18. Still terrible though.

If his Spd's 18 naturally, might as well go for a -Spd.  He's not going to be doubling anything anyway, not counting the Brave effect.