Voice Acting/Artwork Praising Thread

NoirCore

So I noticed something interesting about the topics made for this forum; we have threads on what VA work and artwork we find off, weird, or just don't like...

But what about topics specifically for the VA work and artwork we really like? We apparently have none of them. o3o So, let's add a little positivity here, no?

Take this time to gush over the voices or artwork for the characters. Don't be shy! Just make sure to keep the bashing of such stuff to a minimum; that's what those other two threads are for, after all. :P

(I'll mention my favorites later)

Sarah Blandy made a very good job overall, that's impressive considering her lack of experience in the realm of Voice Acting. She got some characters better than some experienced VA. Best surprise in the cast definitely.

Stephanie Sheh is still awesome too, same for Matt Mercer and Rena Strober. Yuri Lowenthal is surprisingly average here. I love what Travis Willingham made, even if his Lon'qu is a bit different. Kaiji Tang delivered a very true Odin, and a good Narcian, even if his battle and idle quotes sound very different, as if they weren't made by the same person.

Eirika's VA kinda missed her personality-wise (both don't really fit together) but the delivery is great. "If this is war, so be it"!

Edited by Brand_Of_The_Exalt

Senri Kita doesn't disappoint. Like, ever. And then she drew Ryoma and made my life. I was also very impressed with Cecilia as soon as I saw her.

Actually Ryo is just perfect---I feel Matt dropped his voice lower than he did in fates, and it works really well for Ryoma. Very happy with with his whole package. 

Otherwise, anything Sachiko Wada draws is on point, I like Minerva and Hinoka's as well. Navarre is really pretty. 

I was really impressed with Eirika's voice, and also Lachesis. I really like how Lach's VA conveyed her strength in the delivery.

24 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

Actually Ryo is just perfect---I feel Matt dropped his voice lower than he did in fates, and it works really well for Ryoma. Very happy with with his whole package. 

i feel like it's a big improvement since he no longer sounds exactly like chrom

it's still really fitting while also being more unique

the voice acting was actually the only reason I was looking forward to this game since hearing voices for characters that didn't previously have any usually excites me for reasons that are hard to explain and it did not disappoint me!!! nino's voice was probably my absolute favorite she sounds almost exactly like I expected her to and all her lines are delivered really well. her voice actor did a great job (i think she also did fa's voice which I liked too, she was pretty cute)

wendy was another one of my favorites, I barely knew anything about her character and she didn't really sound anything like I expected but her voice actor managed to give a lot of personality to a character that previously had very little I think that's admirable. i think she has the same voice actor as cecilia whose voice was also really great. 

lilina's kinda surprised me since her voice wasn't anything like I thought it would sound but her voice actor made all her lines sound super adorable and really made me love lilina even though I had barely any knowledge of her until now

raven's was really silly in a great way, his voice actor seemed like he was less trying to do a voice for raven the character and more just an edgy teenager who hates everything. i thought it was pretty funny when I first heard him. definitely wouldn't fit raven himself very well, but pretty great for what it is.

roy's voice was really nice too it had that nice warm feeling to it that I really liked. made him seem really likable. (i also just realized that roy and lilina have the same voice actors as the two main characters wow)

in terms of the artwork I have less to say but I really like navarre, lilina (her battle portrait in particular looks really nice), cecilia, caeda, eliwood except for the eyes, hector, and linde. and that's just those that i'm fairly familiar with, i'm sure there's a lot more that I like.

-In terms of designs, Elise is by far my favourite, and Sharena/Ephraim are running close and whatever HAKO and Wada Sachiko draw is pure gold. Eirika is a little flashier than her brother which makes her lose good points in my eyes but very good nonetheless. 

-Then I also love Kusugi Toku's artwork. His depiction of Serra and Henry is close to their personnality, and they feel lively. And they look close enough to the original in my mind without being outright copies. I love their facial expressions. Just noticed he also did Setsuna and it's also true to her pesonnality. 

-I love Okaya's work here too. Azama, Donny and Matthew's artist. Also Bartre and his Mustache's. Only Azama looks weird but it's because it's Azama, and I was never fond of his design, so it's still a pass. Suekane Kumiko's Laslow, Frederick, Odin and Camus are most impressive, as is cuboon's Palla, Reinhardt, Olwen.

-M!Robin never disappoints, Maria and Fir are fantastic. Eldigan is gorgeous, Klein is a pleasure to watch. I also like Jeorge, Nino, Lyn, Narcian/Arthur (for the giggles), Eldiggan, and Klein. Jakob looks iintimidating andaggressive and I love it. And he gives a Xerxes Break feel so bonus points. Effie is hilarious.

-I would have mentioned Kita Senri earlier if not for Cecilia's eyes in her normal pose. Other than that it's top rank. And Ryoma in a pinch is a pleasure to watch xD Talking about eyes, Ursula, Eliwood, Est and Laquesis would have been very good if not for those eyes too. Iack's characters isn't half bad too but those don't need eyes but nose. F!Corrin and Catria are fine but it's their normal pose that are the problem.

-Fae/Raigh for Chibi-ish style that works pretty well here.

-Camilla's face is always nice to look at as long as its just her face.  

-Leo/Takumi are a different artstyle, but I like it. 

I'd say, the artsyle is really really good in Heroes in general.

___

Concerning VA, I'm not disappointed by the ones from Awakening/Fates, so far. I don't remember Tharja's performance in Awakening but it suits her iin Heroes. And I somehow prefer Lon'qu performance here. 

Other than that, I love Serra, Cecilia, Shanna, Julia, Palla, Bartre, Clarine, Fir, Roy (though it's a little deep), Cain, Barst and Sheena

I can't picture myself Eirika saying "If this is war so be it", sounds too aggressive for her, but the VA herself isn't bad. On the other hand, Ephraim sounds too soft. Nobody says "Oh, don't startle me. You almost met the tip of my lance" (one of the barrack lines) with such a calm voice... and then yell  "Give me more! - MORE!!" or "Alright, let's fight" in combat.

Raven's is always fun to listen to. and Minerva's grunts made me think it was her dragon, so I'm fine with it. x)

Klein's art actually looks really nice, I was pretty impressed when I booted up the game this morning.

Roy, Shanna, Eirika, Marth, and Ephraim all look really nice too.  Oh, and Nowi.

For Voicing... Shanna sounds like a perky teenage girl, I like that.  Nino's voice is cute.  

First impressions was that every teenage female character sounded like 12, or something. They're adorable, though generally too squeaky. 

The males are done really well, in general.

Antony Del Rio and Matt Mercer are definitely my two favorite male VAs from FE. Antony Del Rio, although the characters he voices are side characters, he breathes so much life and personality into them, also seen in Kid Icarus Uprising. ugh i love it so much send help

44 minutes ago, pppantsu said:

Antony Del Rio and Matt Mercer are definitely my two favorite male VAs from FE. Antony Del Rio, although the characters he voices are side characters, he breathes so much life and personality into them, also seen in Kid Icarus Uprising. ugh i love it so much send help

His voice was probably the only reason I ever used Percy in Fates.

2 hours ago, pppantsu said:

Er, I don't think Del Rio voices anyone in this game yet. :P

Nino definitely wins my award for "most faithful transition into Heroes". She looks like she was ripped straight out of the GBA title and given a touch up. 10/10. 

Frederick and Gunter are appropriately imposing and gentleman-like and Jakob looks absolutely classy in his default pose. Also a fan of Felicia's attacking art.

Echoing the praise already present for Wada Sachiko and Kita Senri's work.

5 hours ago, Luxian said:

-I would have mentioned Kita Senri earlier if not for Cecilia's eyes in her normal pose. Other than that it's top rank.

This is really the only problem I have with her work on females. But everything else usually more than makes up for it. 

I'm practically a broken record at this point, but Wendee Lee's Lyn (Heroes) blows Lani Minella's Lyn (Super Smash Bros. Brawl and 3DS/Wii U) out of the water. Makiko Omoto (Lyn's Japanese VA and also the JP VA for Kirby, Ness, and Viridi) does a good job as usual even though the voice can be considered standard fare for female protagonists in anime and Japanese video games.

Sarah Blandy's Nino is absolutely adorable.

I also enjoy Linde's voice though that's because I already like Julie Ann Taylor's voice acting in the Fire Emblem series so far (she also did Cordelia, Severa, Caeldori, and Flora).

Artwork for Lyn, Nino, and Linde of them are wonderful - not much else to be said.

42 minutes ago, Thany said:

There is nothing more cute then hearing an English Fae go "raaaa" in battle.

There is. 

It's JP Fae going all "GAOOOOOO~" in battle :D

It helps that her VA is Prinz Eugen's XD

2 minutes ago, Wen Yang said:

There is. 

It's JP Fae going all "GAOOOOOO~" in battle :D

It helps that her VA is Prinz Eugen's XD

I think it just helps in general that she has good voice actors for both english and Japanese XD

I really like Etrian Fae and Raigh, both their artwork and voices.  Raigh sounds like a bored teenager, and Fae's been covered in-depth.  It makes me excited for Lugh!  Barst also falls into the category of gorgeous art and voice.

Olwen/Reinhardt have amazing art.

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

Olwen/Reinhardt have amazing art.

They're gloroius indeed, whereas Palla by the same artist fell victim to the boobs'n'butt pose. Praise Thracia's designer for pants on Olwen (and other women)!

Julia's art carries this serene ambiance to it. Her voicework also possesses kind of feels too, which makes out to be an awesome blend.

Ryoma is pretty much epitome of perfection both in art and voice. Lyn's voicework is really nice, too, compared with her jp voice which sounds kinda squeaky to me.

Seliph's accent can be quite addicting.

And obligatory Fae and Nino.

As far as voices go, the Elibe chaeacters are perfect!

In particular Serra, Matthew and Hector. Those voices are perfect for them. And it's interesting how most of the Elibe characters have an all-star cadt of voice actors, with big names voicing the 3 main characters. Makes me want a remake of Blazing Blade just to hear more of it. 

Artwork:

-Barst looks fantastic. I don't have a single nitpick about any of his pictures. Also, look at them muscles!! 
-Camus looks really good. His design is spectacular.
-Having never played Binding Blade, I hadn't seen Cecilia before this game, but I adore her design.
-Male Corrin. His artwork here actually made me not hate his design for a minute, haha. I feel like he looks more dragon-like.
-Donny just looks adorable.
-Effie. Some of her poses are strange, but her artwork is gorgeous and very soft-looking.
-Elise. I still can't get behind the extremely exaggerated pigtails, but I feel like the artwork really does wonders for the rest of her design.
-Felicia looks so gorgeous, an impression of her I never really got in Fates.
-I love Frederick's injured photo, that look in his eyes gets me every time.
-Jeorge. His design is really eye-catching, and the effects on his special skill art are awesome.
-Linde, mostly for her dress. It's super pretty and not too fanservice-y.
-Niles's attack artwork is so amazing I had to make a desktop background of it.
-Nino's artwork is on point, she looks so cute and her eyes really shine.

Voices:

-I still adore Arthur's voice. I was really excited to see Cam Clarke come back for him because he absolutely nailed it in Fates. "You may think me a clumsy fellow... and, my friend, YOU'RE RIGHT!!!"
-Barst's voice is one of my absolute favorites. Deep and nice on the ears. I could listen to him talk all day.  "I'm just a... guy who chops wood. Hehe, that's all..."
-Bartre's lines crack me up. I love Kyle Hebert already, but he was such a ham this time around, it's great. "CHECK OUT THESE ARMS!! BRUUAAAHHH, HYEEEEH"
-Fae is so freakin' cute. I love it when she attacks something and goes "Raahh!!" before firing a giant laser.
-Hector is way more cheery than I thought he would be, but I love it anyway. Clicking on Arthur and hearing him go "Mm-hm!" and then clicking on Hector and hearing him go "Oh-ho!" in the same tone made me burst out laughing.
-Nino is way more adorable and endearing than I ever thought she would be. "What do you need? To talk? I'm always up for that!"
-While I don't think the voice fits him too much, Raven's delivery is simply hilarious. "I'm not angry, this is just my face."
-Saizo's annoyed mumbling whenever you click on him in battle is always funny. "What?"
-Shanna is really fun to listen to. Her delivery makes her endearing when she could have been annoying. "Hope you're not skipping meals, chief. Bad idea, hmhm~."
-Virion, just anything he says. His accent cracks me up so hard.

Most of the official pre-GBA official character art has styles a bit jarring to me, so for the most part, they all look pretty good to me in Heroes in more modern styles. Palla, Caeda, Maria, and Tiki are my favorites among those. Speaking of Tiki, both Tikis are drawn by Noizi Ito, one of my favorite artists just in general, so to see her contribute to this game was such a delight.

Eirika and Ephraim look absolutely perfect to me and I don't know why anyone would complain. Cecilia probably has my favorite art in the entire game; she just looks stunning in the Tellius art style. Some of my very favorite 3DS characters like Lucina, Lon'qu, Azura, Kagero, and Peri look really nice to me, too. Cherche looks better than ever, and I really do like Arthur's comic-style art and don't mind that it contrasts from the other artists' styles as long as it suits his character.

For voice acting, the 3DS voices that have stayed I continue to enjoy, but otherwise, I continue to be biased toward Cecilia (she really is my best mage I've summoned despite being a glass cannon), and am also thankful that Lyn no longer has that out-of-character super-deep voice that she had in Smash. Japanese Eliwood is voiced by Takahiro Sakurai, one of my favorite voice actors, so I am biased toward him as well.