How would you react if the art for a new fire emblem game was in the style used in the jugdral series?

1 minute ago, OakTree said:

I can't, i'll straight up admit that, mostly because this was never about whether Kellam's design was good, which it isn't, i criticized his dumb shoulder pads and the lack of leg mobility, and mentioned the fact he has a full torso breastplate as something he has over other armored units in the series, even if it isn't done particularly well, and the conversation became about the utility of one piece breastplates, and the main reason i did that is because in my head Kellam's design isn't and will never be as bad as the Black Knight's, who i still consider the worst design in the series (Now that i think about it, Tellius had a lot of lackluster designs that are easily comparable to Awakening's, such as Tauroneo's and Nephenee's). So yeah. I can't do that.

Also while yes, there were horsemen who wore lighter armor, they were for the most part using normal cloth in the front torso while wearing armor in other parts of the body like the arms and helmets in the head, im pretty sure i've never seen one that depicts them as wearing the same "Chest-only breastplate" that the GBA cavaliers use.

Those shoulder pads are almost as bad as Kellam's, there is no reason to have shoulder pads extend beyond your body, also, what the hell is up with those pieces in his legs? why not just wear an fauld?

To be fair, the Black Knight's armor is blessed by a god...so I mean, I don't think that any ordinary drawbacks apply to it. Fancy magic and all that. But...yeah, it is kind of ridiculous. I think the Tellius designs are more accepted just because they're a bit more stylish and eye-catching overall, even if sometimes they don't make much sense realistically. They're not mean to be realistic.

Whereas Awakening and Fates armor designs are just kind of goofy/dopey looking in a lot of cases, and (overly fanservice-y in others, but I digress). Maybe intentionally so (probably intentionally so in Kellam's case, at least), but that's what makes it worse in a lot of peoples' eyes.

And Gatrie's shoulder plates are amazing just like Gatrie himself. I don't know any problems anyone could possibly have with them, because they are amazing and perfect

Point made about Gatrie's shoulder pads. And I admit to not being sure how his leg armor is working there...

How would I react? Well I would be pretty shocked if they did that to be honest, so I would never expect that to happen. But if they did I would not mind at all. I really like the art style used in the Jugdral series. I would prefer it to the style they used in FE13 and FE14.

Do you mean the style of the official art for FE4?  Because that would be fine.

If you mean the in-game art for FE4, that would be terrible.  FE4 has the worst face sprites in the series, even worse than FE1 and Gaiden's jumbled pixels and Shadow Dragon's plastic people.

14 hours ago, The Geek said:

If you mean the in-game art for FE4, that would be terrible.  FE4 has the worst face sprites in the series, even worse than FE1 and Gaiden's jumbled pixels and Shadow Dragon's plastic people.

Relevant.

On 3/2/2017 at 8:48 PM, The Geek said:

I was referring to the official art. When I made the topic, I was primarily referring to art like this: 

Spoiler

and this:

Spoiler

2 hours ago, KliffIsTheOG said:

I was referring to the official art. When I made the topic, I was primarily referring to art like this: 

Reveal hidden contents

and this:

Reveal hidden contents

Uh, there's nothing there.  Just a reminder that if you want to post an image you need to host it on a site like Imgur first.

I'd be fine with FE4 and 5 art. I'm not much of a fan of the new art. It's not bad by any means but just not what I imagine FE to be. Also, I think the Black Knight looked cool. 

• 5 weeks later...