Is SoV the Only FE Echoes game?

So, I recently read a theory that states that Echoes is a series of remakes. Do you think so? The theory states we will get a Gaiden, Thracia 776, Binding Blade, New Mystery and Geneology of the Holy War remakes. 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope so. Give me my full Jugdral remake, please. I've always said that series has a lot of potential that's limited by its format...though considering they're meant to remain as faithful as possible, it seems, I can do without most units without Pursuit or holy blood being automatically mediocre...

Hope the growths for them are buffed, at least.

Edited by Extrasolar

32 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

I hope so. Give me my full Jugdral remake, please. I've always said that series has a lot of potential that's limited by its format...though considering they're meant to remain as faithful as possible, it seems, I can do without most units without Pursuit or holy blood being automatically mediocre...

Hope the growths for them are buffed, at least.

The substitutes need the buff the most. Only a few of them could compete with their originals or turn out decent, namely Hawk, Laylea, Charlot, Amid, and Linda, and even they aren't as good stat-wise at endgame compared to the originals if they were at the same level. Their growths may not need change, but one look at Dimna and I'm like, yeahhhhhhhhh you need it.

10 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

The substitutes need the buff the most. Only a few of them could compete with their originals or turn out decent, namely Hawk, Laylea, Charlot, Amid, and Linda, and even they aren't as good stat-wise at endgame compared to the originals if they were at the same level. Their growths may not need change, but one look at Dimna and I'm like, yeahhhhhhhhh you need it.

True, true. Plus, if they're keeping the giant maps, looks like Arden's going to fall right back into useless castle door wall territory...

Just now, Extrasolar said:

True, true. Plus, if they're keeping the giant maps, looks like Arden's going to fall right back into useless castle door wall territory...

I love how even the FE4 manga makes fun of the fact that Arden is always on permanent castle duty.

I haven't been self-loathing enough to make Arden useful and a father in my playthroughs. He would be alright with Ayra, since most of her levels come from the arena in my playthroughs.

1 hour ago, Heruseus said:

So, I recently read a theory that states that Echoes is a series of remakes. Do you think so? The theory states we will get a Gaiden, Thracia 776, Binding Blade, New Mystery and Geneology of the Holy War remakes. 

We'll have to wait and see, Shadows of Valentia's succeeding would likely lead this to becoming at least partly true.

Also why would we need a New Mystery Remake, this isn't Star Fox where we need a remake of a remake. (It didn't need it either but... 3 Reboots ;/)

Edited by Jedi

Don't poke my sad little heart shards over what Star Fox Zero ended up being. (Actually, port that to the Switch with a humane control scheme and add proper multiplayer dogfighting online or off AND I WILL BE DOWN)

Wouldn't it be better to port the rest of the DS, GBA, and Tellius games to the Virtual Console before we start on remaking those? 

3 minutes ago, Altrosa said:

Wouldn't it be better to port the rest of the DS, GBA, and Tellius games to the Virtual Console before we start on remaking those? 

Nintendo can have all of my money if it means POR on the virtual console. But no, they continue to taunt me. I mean, we got every other FE game that was released over here pre-POR on the virtual console, but not those. What the hell, Nintendo?! :dry:

Just now, Extrasolar said:

Nintendo can have all of my money if it means POR on the virtual console. But no, they continue to taunt me. I mean, we got every other FE game that was released over here pre-POR on the virtual console, but not those. What the hell, Nintendo?! :dry:

Uhhh, I think that's more on the fact there are zero Gamecube or Wii exclusives on Virtual Console.... Yet. Unless it was an HD port as done with Wind Waker and Twilight Princess.

The Switch may change that. That shit would move the console by itself, I think.

3 hours ago, Altrosa said:

Uhhh, I think that's more on the fact there are zero Gamecube or Wii exclusives on Virtual Console.... Yet. Unless it was an HD port as done with Wind Waker and Twilight Princess.

The Switch may change that. That shit would move the console by itself, I think.

I maintain that Path of Radiance VC will be the reason I buy a Switch.

Granted, I said that about Earthbound for Wii U, but I haven't even finished that game out of issues with the gameplay.

I think it's plausible, but still far too early to tell.

Thing is, "Echoes" could easily be a reference to "Gaiden", which means sidestory.

Also, the soundtrack CD for the Japanese special edition is called "Sound Selection Echoes" and features music from Gaiden and Shadows of Valentia. This could mean one of two things.

One, Echoes is solely Shadows of Valentia OR two if they do another remake, they could have a "Sound Selection Echoes 2" CD or something.

8 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

If they do remake Genealogy I feel like Linda and Amid should always be available; it always bugged me that either Tailtiu or Ethnia had kids

It's pure conjecture right now. It would be nice but I'm not putting any bets on it until after we get a read on SoV's success. 

Edited by YouSquiddinMe

It will depend heavily on how SoV does. If it does great, we are looking at some more Echoes games. My money would be on Geneology/Thracia remakes. If SoV fails, then Echoes and a potential series of remakes will probably be put off for a while.

5 hours ago, Gannondworf13 said:

We need a New Mystery Remake because it never came out outside of Japan.  

Its more we need a localization, there are translations and you can play the game on your DS in its original format. 

We don't need a remake of a remake as I said.

I'm still waiting for a continuation or maybe a remake of Scared Stones, as every other game that has been released, I mean the only game (apart from Fates) has a story based in the same universe (FE1 and FE3, FE4 and FE5, FE6 and FE7, FE9 and FE10, FE11 and FE12, and Awakening was based in FE1's continent).

15 hours ago, Mysterique Sign said:

If they do remake Genealogy I feel like Linda and Amid should always be available; it always bugged me that either Tailtiu or Ethnia had kids

True. It's like they don't exist because Tailtiu had kids. Maybe it's because of Tailtiu's death that prompted Ethnia to go join Sigurd where she met some mystery man and had kids with him, and then basically lived the unfortunate life Tailtiu would've lived. Either way it sucks for Tailtiu. Yeah the writing got pretty shoddy at points in FE4. It's my favorite FE, but gosh does it have some weird plot holes here and there.

It also bugged me that Amid, Linda, and Ethnia for some reason, don't have silver hair, even though everyone else in their family did.

2 hours ago, EvilElectro said:

I'm still waiting for a continuation or maybe a remake of Scared Stones, as every other game that has been released, I mean the only game (apart from Fates) has a story based in the same universe (FE1 and FE3, FE4 and FE5, FE6 and FE7, FE9 and FE10, FE11 and FE12, and Awakening was based in FE1's continent).

This will be awesome as SS is my first FE game to play. Oh nostalgia.. But I wouldn't mind for other remakes of other series as well. After all, I haven't played Thracia 776, Binding Blade, and  New Mystery and Geneology of the Holy War. It's win-win situation either way. :D :D

I think it's too early to tell... Anyway, if it turns out to not be the case, I automatically have reason to be concerned.