@ adults with credit cards

claire

hey have a question for credit card people here (first of all im american if that matters)

credit cards have limits and all that yeh, but u can pay them before the month/cycle is up. if you pay your credit card, can you continue to spend the same day? or do you have to wait for the money to be physically withdrawn from your pay-from account?

im buying a laptop and my mom just paid her card off so we wouldn't go over the limit but she (FOR SOME REASON???) doesnt know if you can spend immediately after paying (it says: "the payment to your credit card account will be dated on 02/28/2017) or if you have to wait for the money to actually be withdrawn from your account (it says: "the withdrawal from your pay-from account will generally occur within 2 business days of this payment date"). 

so which is it?? let me know if i need to explain more iro if i need to type more coherently because i can but idk

1 minute ago, Res said:

If she logs into her credit card account it should show the available balance; that is what I'd go by.

Yeah, check to see what is listed as available balance.  Sometimes it takes a day or two or stuff to show up or a day or two to register that you have made a payment.

alright yeah, i told her to do that and the payment hasnt been taken out yet. i guess ill just wait 2 days or whtvr ty