• Fae
    • Bantu
    • Nagi

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, asdfasdfasdf said:

I understand your point however, if I were to include Corrin and Nah who are half dragons I would also need to include Kana and Morgan who can also turn into dragons. Also Sophia also a half-dragon and the royal family of Nohr/Hoshido also have dragon blood in them. It gets somewhat complex which is why I made a list of pure dragons.

Corrin, Nah and Kanna are all canon manaketes, regardless of how "diluted" their blood is. Morgan can have a variety of non-Manakete parents so it's fair to not include her. Likewise, I wouldn't include Ninian, Nils or Sophia because they don't transform in gameplay.

Fae is almost too adorable to not vote for.

But I also have a weird preference for Kurth, and trying to get him to level 40 is always my last self-imposed challenge whenever I play RD.

Just now, ManOfManyFaces said:

I believe Xane should be included in the list as well, lore wise he is a Divine Dragon.

I think the cut-off is if they can transform into dragons in-game or not.

Tiki for sure. I always was a bit fond of the "all grown up" trope when it came to kids to adults, and I like the backstory, serenity, and exotic aura she exhibits. (And no, I do not care about her breasts. >3> )

7 hours ago, asdfasdfasdf said:

I understand your point however, if I were to include Corrin and Nah who are half dragons I would also need to include Kana and Morgan who can also turn into dragons. Also Sophia also a half-dragon and the royal family of Nohr/Hoshido also have dragon blood in them. It gets somewhat complex which is why I made a list of pure dragons.

Why do you not want to put in half-dragons so much? I do not understand this at all; they're dragons regardless, part-blooded or not. Just input characters that, no matter what, have the ability to turn into dragons; you can avoid putting in Morgan and the rest of the kids potentially birthed by Corrin, as well as anyone who doesn't transform.

6 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I also never liked the Dragon Loli trope and with Nasir being a serious adult with a good set of brains he distances himself from that trope nicely. 

Imo it is kind of lame how most of the playable, transforming Manaketes in the series are little girls...

I wanted a male Manakete that could transform and that wasn't elderly for the longest time... Kurthnaga and the Tellius dragons just didn't do it for me, as far as that went.

Corrin...sort of satisfied it...sort of. But not quite, considering their dragon form was nerfed pretty heavily on purpose.

Edited by Extrasolar

Kurth is my favorite. The Dragon Laguz in Tellius were awesome; I really loved the design of them. But, Kurth (and his brother), in particular, seemed so unique and majestic to me.

It makes me wish that Laguz-type characters would make a return, or we could have a Laguz-type lordling in the next game.

36 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

Imo it is kind of lame how most of the playable, transforming Manaketes in the series are little girls...

I wanted a male Manakete that could transform and that wasn't elderly for the longest time... Kurthnaga and the Tellius dragons just didn't do it for me, as far as that went.

Corrin...sort of satisfied it...sort of. But not quite, considering their dragon form was nerfed pretty heavily on purpose.

I agree Corrin's dragon form isn't anything like the traditional Fire Emblem dragons so it really doesn't do it for me. I actually like Kurthnaga if it wasn't for the fact you get him so late in the game and there being so many better laguz units.

19 hours ago, NoirCore said:

Tiki for sure. I always was a bit fond of the "all grown up" trope when it came to kids to adults, and I like the backstory, serenity, and exotic aura she exhibits. (And no, I do not care about her breasts. >3> )

Why do you not want to put in half-dragons so much? I do not understand this at all; they're dragons regardless, part-blooded or not. Just input characters that, no matter what, have the ability to turn into dragons; you can avoid putting in Morgan and the rest of the kids potentially birthed by Corrin, as well as anyone who doesn't transform.

I'm confused so you don't want them to include Morgan and Kana, but you want them to include Corrin and Nah?

7 minutes ago, ManOfManyFaces said:

I agree Corrin's dragon form isn't anything like the traditional Fire Emblem dragons so it really doesn't do it for me. I actually like Kurthnaga if it wasn't for the fact you get him so late in the game and there being so many better laguz units.

Yeah, I like Kurthnaga as a character, but as a unit, he's very meh. Which is a shame, because the guy destroys an entire tower in the scene before you get him...let's just say, I was far more hyped than the game was about to fulfill. Lol.

Laguz in general in RD were...subpar, though, other than the royals and possibly Ranulf. They were much more useful in POR, unfortunately.

17 minutes ago, saisymbolic said:

Kurth is my favorite. The Dragon Laguz in Tellius were awesome; I really loved the design of them. But, Kurth (and his brother), in particular, seemed so unique and majestic to me.

It makes me wish that Laguz-type characters would make a return, or we could have a Laguz-type lordling in the next game.

I agree. The laguz in general were a cool adaptation of the Manaketes from the other games. Rajaion was sort of...wasted as a character though. I understand why, and that all of his stuff happened offscreen before POR started, but I wish we had gotten more time with the guy other than his ending scene with Ena.

8 minutes ago, ManOfManyFaces said:

I'm confused so you don't want them to include Morgan and Kana, but you want them to include Corrin and Nah?

Corrin, Kana, and Nah should be on there because they must come with the ability to turn into dragons. Morgan does not count because she doesn't have to have the dragon transformation available.

30 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

Yeah, I like Kurthnaga as a character, but as a unit, he's very meh. Which is a shame, because the guy destroys an entire tower in the scene before you get him...let's just say, I was far more hyped than the game was about to fulfill. Lol.

Laguz in general in RD were...subpar, though, other than the royals and possibly Ranulf. They were much more useful in POR, unfortunately.

I agree. The laguz in general were a cool adaptation of the Manaketes from the other games. Rajaion was sort of...wasted as a character though. I understand why, and that all of his stuff happened offscreen before POR started, but I wish we had gotten more time with the guy other than his ending scene with Ena.

The playable dragons in the Tellius Series is a lot less useful compared to those in other games, though fighting against them is a different story Dheginsea was a tough battle. Almost impossible on hard without losing a unit. 

5 minutes ago, ManOfManyFaces said:

The playable dragons in the Tellius Series is a lot less useful compared to those in other games, though fighting against them is a different story Dheginsea was a tough battle. Almost impossible on hard without losing a unit. 

Definitely agreed. It didn't help that only 2 were playable in POR, at the last fight, when Ashnard is pretty much untouchable by most everything not named Ike or a laguz royal.

And in RD, they're just...kind of there. Gareth has paper resistance in a map full of mages, while Nasir is a magic-based dude in a map when every enemy has high resistance. Ena just doesn't do much in general, and Kurthnaga is underleveled.

The Dheginsea fight was definitely one of the high points of RD. Very fun and epic.

I would have voted for one of the Tellius dragons, but I never really used them in the game. Whoops! But I really like their characters a lot. Nasir and Kurth are both really compelling. However...Ena isn't quite as interesting, especially in RD. But I like the role she plays in PoR. I ended up going with Nowi simply because I think out of all of the games, I used her the most.

On 3/2/2017 at 4:08 PM, Rafiel's Aria said:

I would have voted for one of the Tellius dragons, but I never really used them in the game. Whoops! But I really like their characters a lot. Nasir and Kurth are both really compelling. However...Ena isn't quite as interesting, especially in RD. But I like the role she plays in PoR. I ended up going with Nowi simply because I think out of all of the games, I used her the most.

Ena was quite interesting in Path of Radiance.

Nasir... I just wanna give him a big hug after all he goes through for his family. I also really like his design and his character :)

Plus I've always disliked the fact that manaketes always seem to be very young girls (or Bantu xD ). It gets a bit... samey after a while.

6 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

Nasir... I just wanna give him a big hug after all he goes through for his family. I also really like his design and his character :)

Plus I've always disliked the fact that manaketes always seem to be very young girls (or Bantu xD ). It gets a bit... samey after a while.

Isn't Bantu the only old man? :P I agree that most manaketes seem to be young girls, though. At least adult Tiki and Corrin were a breath of fresh air.

Edited by NoirCore

Gotta say Nasir looks cool, is a decently developed character, and I love the fact he deals magic damage in RD. But the Tellius dragons do suffer from a serious lack of availability, which derives from their whole neutrality thing. What a shame.

19 hours ago, NoirCore said:

Isn't Bantu the only old man? :P I agree that most manaketes seem to be young girls, though. At least adult Tiki and Corrin were a breath of fresh air.

xD Yes he is. I couldn't leave him out in the end. Adult Tiki was at least better, although she doesn't beat out the Tellius dragons for me :). I guess there's Nagi, too, but I'm yet to get her. I wonder what she's like...

2 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

xD Yes he is. I couldn't leave him out in the end. Adult Tiki was at least better, although she doesn't beat out the Tellius dragons for me :). I guess there's Nagi, too, but I'm yet to get her. I wonder what she's like...

She's very calm, serene and mysterious; in SD, seems like her meeting Marth and company is non-canon, as in New Mystery he doesn't recognize her at all.

Just now, Extrasolar said:

She's very calm, serene and mysterious; in SD, seems like her meeting Marth and company is non-canon, as in New Mystery he doesn't recognize her at all.

I don't think any of the gaiden chapters in SD are canon considering how many characters have to die to get them >.< I never do it - I just need to keep up my NMotE playthrough to meet them :D 

I quite like the sound of her. I actually hope she gets added to heroes sooner or later :)

1 hour ago, Cute Chao said:

I don't think any of the gaiden chapters in SD are canon considering how many characters have to die to get them >.< I never do it - I just need to keep up my NMotE playthrough to meet them :D 

I quite like the sound of her. I actually hope she gets added to heroes sooner or later :)

Nope, in NMotE they chickened out by Marth meeting all the Gaiden characters in SD, but not having lost anyone at the same time! Except for Nagi, who Marth does not recognise in NMotE. Well, there are patches that allow you to not lose anyone and still get the gaidens in SD. Maybe they're canon?

Also, I'm not going to speak about Nagi just in case I spoil anything.